Blazen, Me, Denim, Ace, and Granny. Riding at the Old McPhaul. Blazen says, "stick'm up"
Rock cliffs north of the Old McPhaul shipping pens.
Me and the kids on top of the south side cliffs. It took both granny and I to lift the kids and Sassy over some of the ledges.
Dried moss on the cliff wall.
Denim and Blazen sitting on the propane tank at Papa and Grannies shipping pens. Nelda and Jerry's brand.
The kids and I left early in the morning to go to Albuquerque. We met Nacona and Ike and spent the day at the Aquarium and the Zoo. We had a wonderful time.
Ike, Denim, and Blazen in the Aquarium. Nacona showing Blazen a horseshoe crab.
Denim standing in front of the jellyfish tank.
When we were by the eel tank, an eel stood all the way up. The kids thought that was cool.
"Not too sure about all this mom."
Denim touching small stingrays. She was so brave. They were very slimy feeling. The boys just wanted to watch.
Ike, Denim, Blazen, and Me in front of the big tank.
The train that we rode from the aquarium to the zoo.
The kids walked a lot of the way, but a few times my stroller came in handy. They obviously wanted to all ride at the same time.
I tried to take a picture of the kids with this monkey that had been standing and tapping the glass for several minutes. When I finally got them situated, one on each side, he turned around. I guess he wanted his backside in the picture. That made the kids laugh.
There is a fabulous playland inside the zoo. It wrappes around in a half circle. Denim went crazy. Ike and Blazen were trying to catch up with her. Ike was brave and went all the way through several times, even alone. Blazen was a little bit short in the britches for parts of the climbing; I had to ask other kids to push his behind up so he could continue.
Ike showed us the ropes on how to feed the ducks. This was the last thing we did and I think it was the highlight for all of the kids.
I took Denim and Blazen to JC Pennies to get pictures. That morning as we were getting ready Ike asked what we were doing. I told him we were going to get pictures. He said, "I want to go get pictures too, I won't cry this time." I said, "Ok." He came and got his pictures too and he didn't cry one ounce. It is kind of funny because a month ago we were getting cousin pictures and he was crying the whole time. This time it was his idea and no problemo.
After pictures Nacona watched the kids while I tried to run around like crazy doing birthday(Nacona, Nalynn, and Whitley) and christmas shopping. I drove home that night. I picked up pizzas in Socorro. When I got home, Ace was playing a good host to our friends. They are rock climbers and come every so often to climb the "enchanted towers". This trip they are staying with us so that we can visit. She home schools her children and it is her methods of teaching that I have been implementing with Denim.
On Friday I was going to try and be helpful, but I felt very sick. I told Ace, he looked at me and said, " You are green, you are going to rest." When I started to argue, he said, "You don't have a choice." He took the kids to granny and made her not ride. It really was a good thing because I crashed. I threw up then slept for 7 hrs. I slept nearly 10hrs that night. So as for Friday I
really didn't exist that day, couldn't tell you much about it. Good thing that our friends knew how to take care of themselves.
It was too cold to rock climb. Ace saddled the horses and our friends, Harry, Samantha, Rob, Jen, and Preston became cowboys for the day.really didn't exist that day, couldn't tell you much about it. Good thing that our friends knew how to take care of themselves.
This was a neat picture. Moving cattle with the full rainbow.
Ike, Blazen, and Preston watching the branding. Preston hasn't seen anything like it.
Ace giving Blazen a ride on a calf.
The Cline Family came to help this weekend. It was sooooo cold. I think everyone that rode about froze too death. The kids and I came out after the riding. Ike was worn out and sleeping. Nalynn and Whitley were troopers and stayed on to sort. Auntie helped get everything ready to brand and then had to go finish writing a paper. Granny made sandwiches on the tailgate.
Nalynn after she had warmed up a bit. Whitley and Samantha giving shots.
The week went by ultra fast. Ready for another!!
*Remembrance:
On Thursday I received word from my mom that a very dear friend of the Amy Family had died. He was just my age and has worked with my family for several years. After taking a bath, a valve from his heart ruptured and he died nearly instantaneously, falling back in the water. It was truly devastating news. Our hearts go out to his family. Chad, you will be missed.
On Thursday I received word from my mom that a very dear friend of the Amy Family had died. He was just my age and has worked with my family for several years. After taking a bath, a valve from his heart ruptured and he died nearly instantaneously, falling back in the water. It was truly devastating news. Our hearts go out to his family. Chad, you will be missed.




3 comments:
Hey,
you have to warn a person before you put something in that will make us CRY. I was AT WORK! Give a girl a brake. Yes Chad will be very missed.
I really don't think that Blazen likes taking pictures, but he is so cute. Denim is getting so Big.
Tim, you are such a good mom to Denim and Blazen. You really are. I bet they LOVED going to the aquarium and the zoo! It looks like you guys enjoyed it!
It looks like life at the ranch is always busy!!! Just how it should be!:) But remember to take it easy my friend...there's a baby in that belly, so take care of yourself!!!
Love ya lots!
Post a Comment