1. I am like a star shining brightly (with glittery stars)
2. In the leafy treetops (with trees with birds glued to them)
3. Book of Mormon stories (with actions)
4. Follow the prophet (they each got to pick their favorite prophet and hold a picture. Denim chose Enoch, Ike chose Jonah, and Blazen chose David.)
5. I lived in heaven (reverently folding arms)
For the opening song we sang, How Firm a Foundation. Nelda was the speaker, so she took the rest of the time. Her talk was really good. Our friends from Holbrook also did a violin and piano number. It was fabulous. Three of them play violin.
Blazen and Denim ready for church.
In the afternoon we went to Jerry and Nelda's house. It was Whitley's b-day. Nalynn and Nacona had their birthdays recently as well. I brought their gifts to them. We celebrated and sang to Whitley. Granny frosted the cakes that the little kids had made last week and we blew out the candles.
Nalynn opening her gift. (the men's cologne from Hollister)
Whitley is 13. Incredible-she used to be sooooo little! I got her a jacket and shirt and the exciting part... TWILIGHT (NEW MOON) MIDNIGHT SHOWING TICKETS for her and me. It is so nice to get yourself a gift for someone else's present-good thing she is a big fan too.
Whitley is 13. Incredible-she used to be sooooo little! I got her a jacket and shirt and the exciting part... TWILIGHT (NEW MOON) MIDNIGHT SHOWING TICKETS for her and me. It is so nice to get yourself a gift for someone else's present-good thing she is a big fan too.
Last week when I was in town, our feed bins came in. Ace got the bins put in; locked them in with quickcrete. This week the hay cubes came in on a big semi-truck. It was very interesting to see how the potatoe pilers worked. Ace and Curtis had to work with the pilers a little bit to make everything work, but in the end they got all the hay cubes into the bins. They actually used both pilers to make everything smooth. It is going to be so nice to feed these this winter rather than hay I think. We shall find out.
Ace pushing the cubes onto the piler.
It is hard to tell how big the bins really are, but if you look in this picture you can see the trees. Ace had to push a huge pile of dirt for the piler to go on to even reach the top.
It was Mr. Pauls 79th? birthday. The kid's (mostly Blazen, granny, and mom....because Denim was being "shy" go figure) sang him happy birthday. He is a little piece of Pie Town. We always see him with his cup of coffee at the Daily Pie.
We went and picked up our goat this week. I bought another one. She is very pretty and a full Nubian. I am very excited to see how much milk I get from her in the spring. Her mom gives about 3/4 gallon per milking, which is very good for a goat. Banana doesn't give 1/2 a gallon on a good day. We don't have a name, any suggestions?
Curtis helping Ace process some calves he bought in Quemado.
Ace reaching in to cut the balls out of a calf.
Denim and Blazen and I cleaned out the chicken coop and goat pen. I was getting tired of not having things taken care of. I thought I had better do it now before really cold weather sets in. Several of my chickens have been cracking their eggs and I have seriously done everything to make them stop-to no avail. So I got rid of several that I know for sure are being naughty. I also got rid of my Guinee hens and some roosters. I am going to save a ton of feed.
Naughty chickens.
My clean coop. I was going to put a before and after picture, but was ashamed of the before.
Denim and Blazen had fun chasing and trying to help catch chickens. It took me forever because they kept getting out of my homeade hook (made out of a close hanger). I wasn't very fast pregnant either. After awhile the kids went in and had hot chocolate and watched a movie.
The rest of the story...the guinee hens hadn't had their wings clipped, so they kept jumping off the walls and hitting me. I was so frustrated. Catching chickens shouldn't be that hard. Then, after I came back out from starting the movie, one of the cages had come open and I had four chickens running around my lawn. I wanted to bawl. It took me another 30 min + to re-catch the little buggers. Needless to say at that point in my life I felt no attachment to them.
The rest of the story...the guinee hens hadn't had their wings clipped, so they kept jumping off the walls and hitting me. I was so frustrated. Catching chickens shouldn't be that hard. Then, after I came back out from starting the movie, one of the cages had come open and I had four chickens running around my lawn. I wanted to bawl. It took me another 30 min + to re-catch the little buggers. Needless to say at that point in my life I felt no attachment to them.
Denim coming back out to check on me. Sporting her mermaid undies. She started dancing in the coop with undies and red shoes.
While she was out she wanted to feed her pony, Star, and her goat, Banana, grain. The new goat isn't quite used to her yet.
I had a doctor's appointment. We all wore masks. Blazen and Denim were very good and watched a movie on the little DVD.
My doctor talked me into getting the regular and H1N1 flu shots. I don't know if that was a mistake or not. I am kind of against it, but his reasoning sounded really good at the time. Pregnant woman, they say, are a very high risk. I am torn.
Listening to our little girl's heartbeat.
Whitley and I at the midnight showing of New Moon. We got there 30 min before the show and we BARELY found a seat. I had her save our seats while I got popcorn. I started talking to people, and they had been there since 6:00pm and were 35th in line. CRAZY! At another bigger theater people had been waiting in chairs since 3:00pm. I said, "I love Edward, but not that much." Anyway after the movie, the consensus is....WE ARE WOLF GIRLS FROM NOW ON!!!! One complaint is that Jacob did not take off his shirt slow enough. So sexy!
Whitley and I
This sunday in Quemado, there is an all faith's Thanksgiving dinner. The Pie Town ladies were asked to bring pies. A few of us got together to make pies and watch a movie on our projector. We ended up making 10 pies. 2 Chocolate, vanilla, pistachio, 2 apples, 2 peach crumbles, 1 pear pinnaple, 1 blueberry. We had a lot of fun with our girls day.
Marlena, and Bree. Mary not pictured.
Sat afternoon/evening I got packed and ready to go to Utah. I am very excited to visit my family.
*Funny Denim:
This week the kids have been watching Winnie the Poo a lot. Denim likes to make believe. The problem is that she ends up believing herself. "Mom there are Heffalumps and Woozels in your room in your closet, they are scary, I saw them." Then she says over and over, "Heffalumps and Wooooooooooooooozels" while she chases Blazen. What the heck is a heffalump and woozel?
The kids did not like the left overs one night, so being the kind and ultra patient mother that I am, I made them Raman Noodles. Normally Denim LOVES them, but tonight she said (after spitting them out), "Mom these are gross, they taste like perfume. Then Blazen copies her and says the same thing. I was at the end of my rope, "You both quit being so picky and just eat your food, I made that for you special." Denim, "Mom it taste like perfume." Me," no it doesn't, I made it just the same." So I went over and took a bite. I quickly spit it out on the table, it was soooooooooooo gross. It tasted like perfume. I then remember that I had heated liquid potporri in that pot days before and I must have not washed it well enough. It sure tasted like perfume. I made them a knew batch and they snarfed every last bite. I guess sometimes we just have to listen to our kids, they are often right.
This week the kids have been watching Winnie the Poo a lot. Denim likes to make believe. The problem is that she ends up believing herself. "Mom there are Heffalumps and Woozels in your room in your closet, they are scary, I saw them." Then she says over and over, "Heffalumps and Wooooooooooooooozels" while she chases Blazen. What the heck is a heffalump and woozel?
The kids did not like the left overs one night, so being the kind and ultra patient mother that I am, I made them Raman Noodles. Normally Denim LOVES them, but tonight she said (after spitting them out), "Mom these are gross, they taste like perfume. Then Blazen copies her and says the same thing. I was at the end of my rope, "You both quit being so picky and just eat your food, I made that for you special." Denim, "Mom it taste like perfume." Me," no it doesn't, I made it just the same." So I went over and took a bite. I quickly spit it out on the table, it was soooooooooooo gross. It tasted like perfume. I then remember that I had heated liquid potporri in that pot days before and I must have not washed it well enough. It sure tasted like perfume. I made them a knew batch and they snarfed every last bite. I guess sometimes we just have to listen to our kids, they are often right.




1 comment:
Tim, I wish I could have been there to see Denim, Blazen and Ike doing their little primary presentation!!! I bet it was so cute! They are sure blessed to have you there to teach them the gospel!
OH! and wasn't New Moon awesome??? That was nice of you to take your cute niece to go see it!:) You are just awesome Tim and such a good influence to those around you!
and those pies...man! I want a piece right now!!!:) Love ya lots!!!:)
Post a Comment