We had such a wonderful Christmas. The magic of everything is so much fun with children, especially when they are your own. We had a wonderful time at the McPhauls. We took all of our things and visited and enjoyed ourselves for several days. Being with family is just the best.
Ike came over for a little while on Sunday. He is such fun. The kids just love him. Blazen absolutely idolizes him. He was helping the kids practice for their Christmas program in Datil. He helped them sing. He then asked me what his part was. I had to think quickly then said, " You stand forward and say loudly---Merry Christmas!!" So after that, Denim would step forward and say her part, then Blazen, then Ike would step forward and loudly say, "Merry Christmas!!" His family had to leave before the program, but he knew his "part."
When he was at our house, we were playing with the leapfrog magnet letters on the fridge. When you put a letter in, it sings, "the B says buu, the B says buu, every letter makes a sound the B says buu." and so forth. He seemed interested, so I said to him, "Ike can you find the A for me," He walked over to the fridge and so I thought he would get the A, but instead he bypassed the letters all together and opened the fridge. I thought, "Well I guess he didn't want to play with letters, he was actually hungry." At that point I went back to tidying up the kitchen. A minute later I felt a little tug on my pants; it was Ike. "Timbu, Timbu, I got the eggs fo you." He was very pleased with himself. It hit me; A--eggs. I smiled, "Thanks, Ike, I really needed those."
We had a community all faiths Christmas program in Datil. It was really cute. Denim dressed like an angel and Blazen dressed like a shepherd. Denim's part was, "And Mary kept all these things and pondered them in her heart." She said it very loud. Blazen's part was, "Happy Birthday baby Jesus."
3 friends of ours. Denim loves these kids.
Denim and Blazen up on stage practicing. Denim is really singing.
The three littlest ones. Our friend dressed her little boy like a sheep. She glued cotton balls all over long johns. It was adorable. The cutest part was that the cotton balls kept falling off all night.
We went to Albuquerque. Denim had a dentist appointment. She did very well. I forgot to take my camera in to the appointment, so here she is posing out in the truck afterward. The kid's dentist we go to is like a 6 month wait. I don't know if that is normal or not, but I don't miss appointments.
Getting to stay over at Aunt Cookie's house. All three cousins snuggling up.
Getting a little bit of cold stone ice cream while finishing our Christmas shopping.
While we were in Albuqueque we also took the kids to see the "Frog Prince." They liked the popcorn, slushies and big movie theater. They loved it. Ace watched "Avatar," and thought it was way cool.
Just before we left Albuquerque we had some stuff stolen out of the back of our truck. We had kept most everything inside but we had a few big things that didn't really fit. I had put our clothes bags in back to make more room as well. We got a big $150 house humidifier (our house gets such dry heat from the fire in the winter), a baby seat, and our bags stolen. I had some jewelry, my blowdrier and all my hair products. I was VERY upset. We only left the truck for a few minutes. I just can't believe people. Apparently, Albuquerque has been really bad this year due to the economy. People still need their drugs. It is crazy how drugs will take over your life. I told Ace that I might could justify things if it were toys for their kids or something, but it was just large items to get drug money in my opinion.
I put this one in to show how little Margarite is. My face also looks horrible. I had only been on the penicillin for 2 days. At least my eyes aren't closed shut.
Margarite and Ace.
The kids and I went into Pie Town and helped the Hobbs put together the Christmas boxes of food and gifts that we did for 2 families. It was good for my kids to wrap and give gifts to other children. Blazen really wanted one of the little boy's gifts. It was a good time to talk to them about helping others. Later we were told that when the boxes were delivered, one little girl cried out, "Oh yes, now we really will have a Christmas." It filled my heart. I only wish I would have given others more, and got my kids a little less.
Denim enjoyed helping me wrap gifts this year. She would get a big piece of paper and sort of roll the gift in it. Then she would put tape all over it. You could definitely tell which ones she wrapped. I thought it was special. She also wrapped everything. She wrapped Nacona a Christmas bow. She also found some random stuff around the house and wrapped in for Ralayna.
Blazen wrapped his sister a gift and put in under the tree. He told her, "Sneaky, Sneaky."
One of my highlights was being able to make Christmas candy. I had really been looking forward to doing that all month. I didn't make as many different things as I had planned, but it was enough. I made Almond Roca, Prailens, and Chocolate Covered Pretzels.
The kids really enjoyed helping me with the Pretzels. They especially loved eating them.
Dancing to Christmas music and dressing like Rudolf. I wore those same blinking reindeer horns all over Albuquerque. I was in Wal-Mart with the kids and I got several complements on the festive horns. Finally after the third comment, Denim looked at me and whispered, "Mom you have GOT to take those off, you are totally imberrasing me." I said, "Denim, you are way to young to say that."
Ace wanted to take the kids sledding before Christmas. We had a lot more snow on the south side of Pie Town, but we went sledding closer to Ace's parent house on the north side.
"Hey let's go."
Blazen's zipper broke, so we had to duck tape it closed. He is ready for fun.
Ace making a path for the kids.
Blazen having fun sliding down the hill. I stood halfway down to ensure they didn't hit a rut. Granny stood at the bottom to catch them.
Granny riding with Denim while Ace pulled them behind the 4-wheeler.
We went over to the McPhauls on Christmas Eve. Denim and Blazen were very excited for Santa to come. Uncle Wally was there. We watched Christmas flicks, one was "National Lampoons Christmas Vacation." It was hilarious. The Clines got there in the evening. Granny had the kids open one gift on Christmas Eve. We set out milk and goodies for Santa, and some hay and grain out for the reindeer. The three little ones slept in grannies room. She didn't get much sleep between the three of them.
Granny and Papa enjoying watching everyone.
Nacona taking pictures. I didn't get many pictures of Nacona because we were both taking pictures at the same time.
Nalynn helping Denim put on lipstick from her new makeup kit. Denim got to put some on her too. Doing the beauty queen pose.
The boys playing with their bulls. Ike got bull sets from Will's family too, so they put all the sets together and had a great time.
Blazen crawling on Uncle Wally.
Christmas morning was full of lots of fun. Santa brought Blazen a tool set and Denim a No-Bake Oven. The excitement is just so fun. We were all very spoiled. With so many of us it was a lot of crazy fun.
Ike got a jeep from Santa. You had to really watch your feet on Christmas day to make sure you didn't get run over.
"Mom my hands are sticky." Denim playing with her No-Bake Oven.
Whitley.
Papa bought Denim, Blazen, and Ike black cowboy hats for Christmas. They looked really classy going to visit grandmother.
Ike looking good. Denim.
Here we all are eating dinner with grandmother.
LtoR. Denim, Nalynn, Whitley, Blazen, Will, Nacona, Ike, Tawana, Nelda Rae, Margarite, and Jerry.
Ace's cousin, Marilee brought her oldest son to see the kids. Jimmy, Jerry's brother came by to say hi to all of us as well.
Blazen, Denim, and Ike at grandmothers.
LtoR. Ike, Dallis, Nalynn, Whitley, Blazen, Margarite, and Denim.
We went to visit Ace's best friend growing up, Beau. He, his wife, and girls were at his parents house.
Ace and Beau.
Brock, Jacki, and Will. I think Brock is really awesome. He just graduated college.
Sissy and Nelda Rae having lots of fun. We played a game, Pick up lines, that Greg Proctor gave me. It was so funny. We came up with some good ones.Well it has been such a wonderful Christmas. I just love Christmas. I hope everyone had a wonderful week as well. Let's all remember Christ at this time and the real gift and blessing that we recieved the day that he was born.
Merry Christmas to all!!!
Merry Christmas to all!!!




1 comment:
Tim, those pictures with Ace's grandma will be treasures for your children. What a wonderful blessing for them to be able to see her and spend time with her...I'm sure Denim will remember her.
I'm so glad you guys had such a fun Christmas with the McPhaul's. It looks like everyone had such a great time together. There is nothing better in this life than spending time with family and creating memories for our children. It is truly a blessing.
Happy New Year!!! You are getting close to having this baby huh? I forget when you're due? Love ya lots!
Post a Comment