Saturday, December 19, 2009

Programs

On Sunday was potluck. Saturday night I made a really big pot of spagetti so that I could take left-overs. There was plenty of spagetti even after potluck.
Sunday night I took the kids to Quemado. A very talented family puts on a musical Christmas program at the school every year. They play violin, piano, guitar, and other instruments as well as sing. It was very good. It was a little long for Denim and Blazen, but I loved it. The kids and I sat by Bree. She helped me out. It was good to see several people in the community as well and visit. I really haven't seen a lot of the community members much this fall since I haven't been teaching dance.

We went over to Grannies. She made a gingerbread house with the kids. They had such fun doing it. We had a little bit of a hard time getting the walls not to fall down, but it turned out good in the end. Granny had been playing dress up with Denim which is why she has a dress layered over the top. I absolutely loved this picture because I thought Granny looked like Mrs. Clause, so sweet.



Granny got us Christmas comforters this year. This is Aunties. I thought it was very cute. Mine didn't turn out, so I think we are going to exchange it.

f

This week Blazen really wanted to work with his dad. Ace needed to take his backhoe to work on a drinker a few miles from the house, so he took Blazen on the ride. I picked him up about 20 min later. Blazen was sooooo excited to go with his dad that he was all bundled up and ready to go a long time before Ace came. Ace told him that he would come and pick him up in the backhoe, to wait for him. Blazen took it literally and would not bundge from the mud room window. You should have seen Blazen's face when he heard the backhoe coming. He was screaming, "My daddy come to pick me up in the twacto." I was just so grateful that Ace was a daddy of his word to his kids. It was just so important at that moment. Blazen had complete and utter faith in his dad that he would come for him. I guess that is how it is with our father in heaven. We should have that much faith and love for him, and wait by the "window." He will always follow through.

Blazen is majorly happy to go with daddy.



When we drove out to get Blazen, he was fast asleep. It was so cute.



This week I read this book to my kids, Christmas Oranges. I just love the message. I cry every time that I read it.



This week was the Datil Christmas program. Denim and Blazen absolutely loved it. They were clapping to the songs and loved the play. Tawana teaches in Datil and I thought they did a very good job. There are about 20 kids K-6th grade there, 3 combined classrooms. There was also a big surprise after, Santa Clause came. He was so personable and even knew my kids names. We just loved it. When Denim came off the stage she said, "Mom, I thought seeing Santa was great."

All ready to go to the play.





Fabulous beard, don't you think?
Blazen stood and watched Denim for awhile. Then when Santa called him over, he went and got on his lap.



Denim just loved this statue of Mary, she sat by her off and on all through the evening. She also really loved the cute little lambs, and she petted them and fed them hay.
A friend of Denim's. Since there aren't very many little kids, my kids get lots of attention. It is nice.



We also had our branch Christmas dinner. We invite community member and friends. We have a big potluck dinner and have a program. I was in charge of the program this year. It turned out pretty good, I think. I made the people with parts dress up. Ace was a wiseman and thought it was cheesy to dress up, but did it anyway. I was there a lot earlier than Ace, decorating. When Ace got there he was the only one in his costume. I told everyone to hurry and get in theirs so I wouldn't be in trouble. They were kind, and did. I dressed Denim as an angel and Blazen as a shepherd.

Good friends of ours, Brett and Treva, came and played guitars and base. They have a little band that Nelda Rae plays in with them. They call themselves the "Pie Crusters." The band played fun songs, Away in a Manger, and Silent Night. The old country christmas sound made the evening special.



Here we are having a good time visiting. Jerry came too. He looked good in his turquoise shirt. Phil also played for us. He did good. Lots of hidden talent.



Denim's halo.



Me, Blazen, and Ace eating all of the yummy food. My kids ate four cupcakes a piece.
Ace chilling in his outfit. He wore his old Jedi costume.



Getting food. The kitchen/primary room opens to the chapel/cultural hall.
Our narrator.



Nelda and Jerry



Marlena. This week was Marlena and Bree's birthday. Marlena made Bree a really cute cupcake flower cake, and I brought a little gift. We sang them both happy birthday.
Bree helping clean up.



Carolie's mother, Flora, came. She plays the piano all by ear. She is awsome and still plays in a band for dances. She played Christmas music for us before everything started.



* This week I also had a doctor's appointment in Socorro. It went well. They baby is doing well. She sure is kicking a lot lately. This pregnancy has gone by so fast. We are still coming up with names.

* Our good climbing friends came all this way and gave us Christmas gifts this week. We were shocked. They said they spent the day climbing, but we really know their purpose in coming out here was to deliver the gifts. They are so sweet. They live 3 hours away.

* I started getting that growth on my face again. My herbs didn't come in and it has been 8 days. Things are very slow with the mail this year. I started freaking out because my face, neck, and ears were so bad. The doctor's always just give me an antibiotic and bactorban, which I have at my house. The bactroban doesn't help. The antibiotic holds it at bay, but then causes me tons of other problems. Sharon, my herbalist, has helped me the most. I take a product called BPX, which is the one I am out of, and then I have no problems. On Saturday I had waited and waited for the herb to come in the mail, to no avail. My eyes were starting to close shut, so I felt I had no option. I went on the antibiotic. Not to happy about that, but it has held it at bay. I am taking a ton of probiotic to try and keep back the yeast infection. Ace gave me a blessing and that has helped too, especially with the itching.

* This week the kids helped me clean the bathrooms. We used baking soda. They loved that. They scrubbed and scrubbed. The popular item was the toilet cleaner. They had to take turns because they both wanted to clean the toilet. Every time they fought this week, they had to work for me. Needless to say they cleaned a lot. Some weeks are better than others.

* We played Go Fish again. Denim said to me,"Mom, I saw your card......Oh wait (and with a sly smile) A little bird told me." Then she asked me for the card.

2 comments:

Denisse said...

Tim, I'm so glad your Christmas dinner/program turned out well! I'm glad you made everyone dress up because it totally makes it fun for everyone!!!:)

It looks like you guys have been enjoying the season! As always I LOVE reading all the fun stories and seeing the pictures!

Hope you guys had an excellent Christmas! I've been loving life because my kids have been so entertained with their new toys!

Love ya lots!:)

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

Hey,

I am so glad that you are doing better. So Denim does face expression like you. So cute to see her getting so big.

Oh if you kids like to clean toilets they can come to my house any time they want.