The hunts have been going on recently. All of the hunters, so far, have shot pretty nice bulls. The kids love to go and look at the Elk as they are getting skinned. The big cooler keeps them very cold and so that is where all of the hunters hang their Elk. Most of the Elk have scored about a 330, but one score 340 so far. Denim thinks it stinks.
With the hunts going, Ace has been trying to stay off the ranch as much as possible. He took the time to start the kids a swing set. He has worked very hard. He hauled in sand first.
The big sand piles were a big success.
I learned a little trick from mom. You make a triple batch of cookie dough, then you put it into balls and freeze the balls. Once they are somewhat frozen you put them into big ziplock bags. Then, fresh homemade cookies every night. I only take out about 8 and cook them. So fun! Ace thinks I am the best wife ever. Cookies for Ace every day!
Ace is working so hard welding.
This is some hot business.
Ace became quite the mathematician during the building. He hauled out his old geometry books.
The kids are helping build where a big sand pile will go.
Helping paint.
Darlin Dawn is growing so fast. She is so cute all dressed for church. She is really a mommies girl, she hardly let anyone else hold her. Ok, I will be honest, she doesn't let anyone else hold her. I have to admit I am not mortified as I LOVE to hold the little toot. Who wouldn't, right.
Denim and Blazen gave their first talks in primary. I was so proud. We practiced all week long. They had them memorized. They gave them on their favorite prophets. Blazen chose Joseph Smith and Denim chose Daniel. Ace was teaching Sunday school and there were only about 10 people so he invited the "primary" in, to give their talks. The kids thought they were major big stuff getting to stand at the pulpit.
During Sacrament Meeting, Blazen drew a picture of mom and dad.
Here it is.....
He was explaining the picture to his dad. "This is dad, and this is mom. (pause) Mom looks really mad. Dad is happy." Ace and I busted up laughing. It is such a little boys perspective. Mom is big and always in his business and in everything in his life. Dad comes home and plays for a few minutes and he is little, in the background and happy."
We also started school. It has been going really well. I was so excited to get on a schedule and I really enjoy it. Denim is using the Funnix program for reading, which I LOVE LOVE. I am also doing some of the Starfall Kindergarten Curriculum for Language Arts and some various math things. Blazen is doing Your Baby Can Read. I haven't decided if I love it or not. I also spend a 1/2 hour with him reading or doing puzzles or coordination games. He learns a sound and a rhyme a week. I am so much enjoying my time with Denim. She is growing so fast and I am glad that I chose to keep her home this year.
Funny Stories:
*The kids and I were going to pick Ace up in the backhoe. It was getting late and the moon was out. It was a half moon. Denim asked, "Why is the moon sometimes whole and sometimes a part? Do they cut it up and then sew it back together?"
*A few minutes later I was wishing upon a star. "I wish, I wish, upon a star, the wish I wish is wished so far." "Ok, I made my wish." Denim said, "What was your wish mom?" I said, "I can't tell you. If you tell your wish then it won't come true." Denim thought about it then looked up and said, "I wish, I wish, upon a star...(thinking)...I wish my wish will come true....(thinking)....even if I tell!"
*Blazen was sitting at the counter top looking not very happily at his uneaten burrito when he asked, "Mom, can I have a snack?" I said, "Hmmmm, you 1st have to eat your burrito, then you can have a snack." He thought for awhile then said, "My tummy doesn't want the burrito, it wants a snack." I said, "Well, then you'll have to tell your tummy that it has to eat the burrito first." Sniffling he looks down at his tummy and says, "Tummy, you have to eat the burrito first before a snack." Then with alligator tears in his eyes he looks at me and says, "Mommy, SEE, my tummy is crying."
*Denim and Blazen were playing in the sand pile. I was helping Ace and listening in the distance. Denim was bossing Blazen around and pestering him. Finally Blazen had had enough. He snowplowed Denim into the sand. Denim started bawling, "Mom, Blazen hurt me." I asked, "Why?" She completely stopped crying and crinkled her face thinking (a very sheepish look because she didn't want to admit to what a stinker she was being). Finally she said, "JUST BECAUSE HE WANTED TOO" I started laughing which did not make her pleased.
*The kids and I were going to pick Ace up in the backhoe. It was getting late and the moon was out. It was a half moon. Denim asked, "Why is the moon sometimes whole and sometimes a part? Do they cut it up and then sew it back together?"
*A few minutes later I was wishing upon a star. "I wish, I wish, upon a star, the wish I wish is wished so far." "Ok, I made my wish." Denim said, "What was your wish mom?" I said, "I can't tell you. If you tell your wish then it won't come true." Denim thought about it then looked up and said, "I wish, I wish, upon a star...(thinking)...I wish my wish will come true....(thinking)....even if I tell!"
*Blazen was sitting at the counter top looking not very happily at his uneaten burrito when he asked, "Mom, can I have a snack?" I said, "Hmmmm, you 1st have to eat your burrito, then you can have a snack." He thought for awhile then said, "My tummy doesn't want the burrito, it wants a snack." I said, "Well, then you'll have to tell your tummy that it has to eat the burrito first." Sniffling he looks down at his tummy and says, "Tummy, you have to eat the burrito first before a snack." Then with alligator tears in his eyes he looks at me and says, "Mommy, SEE, my tummy is crying."
*Denim and Blazen were playing in the sand pile. I was helping Ace and listening in the distance. Denim was bossing Blazen around and pestering him. Finally Blazen had had enough. He snowplowed Denim into the sand. Denim started bawling, "Mom, Blazen hurt me." I asked, "Why?" She completely stopped crying and crinkled her face thinking (a very sheepish look because she didn't want to admit to what a stinker she was being). Finally she said, "JUST BECAUSE HE WANTED TOO" I started laughing which did not make her pleased.




1 comment:
Don't laugh of me but pray for your carma. I did and it worked.
Love the stories.
Post a Comment