Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Greg and Syringa

This past little while has been fun packed with visitors for us, which obviously I absolutely love love love.
1st mom and dad came through. They were on their way to pick up bulls in Texas so they got to stop for an evening and visit.

Story: My 1st cousin, Erin(Sister Jones) is serving a mission in the Mesa, Arizona mission. It just so happens that she got transfered recently to serve in Springerville, Arizona. This area actually covers Pie Town. Their whole district saved up gas miles to be able to come out to Pie Town and have Pie. It just so happened that they were coming out on the same day that mom and dad were going to be here. They were also scheduled to be here within 10 minutes of each other. By the way none of us talked or planned any of this. Pretty crazy hu!! On the drive to my house my mom called Sister Jones to see if they could take her and her companion for dinner. She told mom they were coming to Pie town. Mom said, "Great, we can have a member in Pie Town feed you all pizzas." I was in Socorro so I picked up pizzas, but on the way home, the knomemobile broke down. I was stressed out. Anyway, mom and dad met the missionaries in Pie Town and took them to my house. (They ended up not getting pie because the Daily Pie was closed, so they were bummed. Also they were starved because they had been fasting all day) They ended up raiding my peanut butter, which was so awesome. Dad came and got me and the stranded kids and we met the missionaries on their way out and gave them pop and pizza. I did get to see Sister Jones and give her a hug, which was fun. I was just bummed to not get to talk to her. When she was talking to my mom she said, "Dixie, what did my mission president say when you talked to him about us meeting." Mom said, "I didn't talk to your mission president." Sister Jones, " What? Then how did you get my number, and how did you ok this meeting?" My mom said, "I didn't, Ace gave me the number." Sister Jones said, "Oh great, we might be in big trouble, but I guess the damage is done." The funniest part was all 10 missionaries were crowded into a little mini-van. Two of them scrunched in the back. It was hilarious. Sister Jones looks happy. She is serving the Lord. She told me to find a Spanish speaking person to teach so that she can come back. I haven't found one yet.

Mom and Dad took a very long drive into the middle of Texas to pick up bulls. I enjoyed the time they were here. I just didn't get any pictures.

Story: We were all loaded in the truck going to pick Ace up. Blazen mispronounces some of his sounds, but often times I just don't hear it because as a mother I know exactly what he is saying. He was blabbing on to Grandma and Grandpa and my mom started giggling, (he was saying something about a truck). Then he said it again and my dad tried not to laugh. I couldn't figure it out. Finally I got it. Blazen uses an F with no R to say truck. Finally Denim says, "Grandma he can't say truck, he says ----." Poor Denim, she had no clue. I hope it stays that way.



Granny bought Denim a little cheer outfit. Go New Mexico. She loves it.



We had birds hatch just outside our kitchen door. It was so cute.



Here is something that is commen sense but I didn't know it. Mother birds teach their babies to put their little butts out of the nest and poop. This way the nest stays clean. Pretty nifty. Thus the poop on my little porch.



Syringa and Greg took a few days off of work and drove all the way from Spanish Fork to see us. It was so awesome to have them here with us. I hope they enjoyed their time away from the BIG CITY!! and the BIG JOBS!! We did a lot of just visiting and hanging out.



We climbed the feeding bins. That was fun, but about gave me heart failure to watch my kids.



We took a little tour of the general area. I took them to see the old mission ruins and along the way we stopped by Robbers Roost. About 10 years ago a few men (very normal looking) moved out here and started building a cabin. They were in and out of the community, but mostly to themselves. A few years went by and the authorities came and arrested them. So happens that they were BIG bank robbers, and had gotten away with millions. The authorities had been searching everywhere for them and had finally caught up to them here in Pie Town. They had laid pretty low, but apparently it is hard to lay low enough.



We took a day and went and toured the VLA (very large arrays). I had never actually been through a tour. I have to admit that it was very educational and neat. My kids actually really liked seeing the arrays close up. They are impressively massive.







Here we are. This part was fun, it showed how the arrays work, in a sense. It catches the sound waves. Two small discs are facing each other. You talk into one, and you can hear from the other....even a whisper.



Blazen is running the around half of the size of one array.





Darlin did pretty good in her stroller.



Sister time.



Me time. That only lasts for one click of the camera, but Ohhhhhh how I enjoyed that 2 seconds.



Next was Greg and Syringa's favorite part. We drove on to Socorro where we picked up green chilies. They loved watching the process. Here we are at the little market.



Dried Red Chilies.



Here is how getting green chili works in New Mexico.

1st. You pick out the level of heat you want (the type of chili)

2nd. You pay for it. (This is the most important part if you plan on taking it home)



3rd. They roast it.



4th. They bag it.



5th. You cry from the smell of it.



6th. You load it in the truck and DRIVE.

It was a fun experience for Greg and Syringa. When we got home, Syringa helped me put it up. Meaning.....shove it so gently in zip lock bags and throw in the freezer. I used to be an overachiever and can it all, but I am not an overachiever this year. Sorry everyone who enjoyed the canned chilies, I have a child attached right now. Maybe next year.

I loved the visit from Greg and Syringa and hope to see them soon. Love you guys mucho much and I am soooo sorry Greg did not get to see and Elk, and we did not swim in the stock tank.

2 comments:

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

We had fun no matter what.

Denisse said...

Tim, I'm just barely catching up on your blog! You have really been so busy!!!!! So fun that Syringa was able to come see you! and also your mom and dad! That was such a funny story about Blazen saying truck but with and f!!! so funny! Braden used to say flag weird and it sounded like the other word! We were always laughing because he had no idea! ha ha ha!!!!