catch up #2
To be really honest since I didn't blog weekly, November is a big blur for me. Ace took a lot of time and worked on Nelda's kitchen and living room. It looks wonderful. He worked so hard; I am really proud of him. Between that and ranch work, we saw very very little of him until Thanksgiving. He got home about 1:00 am for 2 weeks. The kids and I started a few generators and checked some waters for him to free up a little bit of time. I will post pictures with Nelda's camera soon.
Denim has been working very hard at her school work. She is learning a lot. It is neat to see her progress. We do about 2-3 hours a day. She really looks forward to her "cartoon days" (non-school days, Friday and Saturday). She is a little monkey. Lately she has been climbing anything and everything, especially all of the trees. I am amazed at how good of a climber she is. It is fun to see. I remember being a kid and loving the free feel of being high in a tree. I know she just loves it. Denim also loves to carry Darlin around. It is pretty scary since Darlin is half her size. It is funny though; Denim jogging across the lawn with Darlin; Darlin's little head bobbing up and down with a big cheesy grin and those teeth.
One thing that I am trying to find balance with is giving Blazen his own one on one and his own space from sister. I haven't figured it out yet, but I am trying. He likes to do matching worksheets and he is learning sounds. He really has become a little man. He CRAVES Daddy time. He just cries when Ace has to stop playing. He loves being rough. He also loves special alone time, he loves me to hold him and read to him. He has been enjoying helping me cook lately. He also fights his sister for the "spinny chair" and to pray. He has been wanting to sleep with us.
Darlin has the cutest teeth right now. Two bottom and funny top left fang. She squints her nose and shows her teeth. It is hilarious! She loves getting into my kitchen drawers and pulling out EVERYTHING. She broke my blender this month and smashed her fingers several times. She also LOVES pulling the electical cord to our living room lights out. It is the first thing she does when you put her down. She also like unplugging the kids TV.
I started doing play days with some gals around here. We all live about 30 min apart, but on Fridays we have started getting together to let the kids play. It has been great for the kids and for me too.
We had a very wonderful Thanksgiving. We went to Granny and Papa's house. Nacona, Will, NaLynn, Whitley, Ike, Tawana, Chris, Tessa, and Wallace were there. As always Nelda cooked a wonderful dinner. It was a weird feeling in the new house. Such a different set up. We ate and visited and watched movies and tried to play cards. It was slightly challenging with two babies and 3 toddlers to care for.
I got on the internet for two days at the very end of November and ordered all of Christmas. It was pretty stressful, but I knew there was no way that I could do it alone with 3 kids in town. So now for all of December I can just be a happy fun mommy.
November has stayed relatively warm. The kids have had a lot of fun playing in the sand piles and climbing trees. We have got to go to two brandings at the old McPhaul. One time I put Darlin in the mobey and I climbed way up the cliffs with Ike and Denim and Blazen. We got to a spot were I couldn't keep everyone safe so we had to stop, but the kids thought it was cool. Ace laid a new pipeline in Forest Tank. The kids enjoyed playing there. Denim was jumping over the ditch and she said, "I am sooooo country. I am just a country girl. I don't think a city girl could jump this far. I am country." Ace and I laughed. Blazen enjoyed putting a cup under the lead pipe and waiting for Ace to turn on the generator so the water would come spewing out.
One really fun thing the kids learned this month that they had fun telling their dad about was this....
They held in their hands something that is older than the DINOSAURS.
WATER!!!!!
They got a kick out of that one.
2 months ago




1 comment:
I cannot wait to see the kids. Don't forget Gregs clothing. Just wrap them.
Post a Comment