At the very beginning of October Ace, the kids and I took the knomemobile (which we also, by the way, are calling the "swagger wagon" ---google it if you haven't seen the commercials---) to Utah. We went to Salt Lake to go to General Conference. It was an amazing experience, as always. So uplifting to be listening to the prophet of God. All of my siblings met us up there to have a mini-reunion. We love to be together even though it is a bit crazy. We took the kids to temple square on Friday. We went to the Mayan restaurant. They entertain by dressing up like ancient Mayans and high diving into pools below. It was fun for the kids to see. We got to swim. Saturday and Sunday we were dedicated to alternating between conference sessions and babysitting. So good.
Salt Lake Temple: Where Ace and I were married.

On Temple Square we got some good stories from the sister missionaries. Ace also taught the kids about Christ's life from the painting in the building with the Christus. One lady came up to Ace and said, "I just want to thank you for teaching your children."

We got to ride the tracks together.

This is Greg being a survivor when mom is gone. Whatever it takes right.

On Temple Square we got some good stories from the sister missionaries. Ace also taught the kids about Christ's life from the painting in the building with the Christus. One lady came up to Ace and said, "I just want to thank you for teaching your children."
We got to ride the tracks together.
This is Greg being a survivor when mom is gone. Whatever it takes right.
After conference, mom came up to Syringa's and picked me up. Ace switched vehicles with my mom and we took the knomemobile to Toquerville. We got to spend a week with mom and dad and McCarty. We canned like crazy. I swear I need not see another apple or pomegranate for months. Darlin was a major mommas girl. Denim and Blazen had a blast. I did school with Denim in the mornings. It worked well since Ralayna is homeschooling this year also. We got to watch McCarty sing and we have been singing "Gonna wash that man right outta my hair," for 2 months. Ace said that Blazen has GOT to learn a different song. We also have been singing, "Anything you can do, I can do better. No you can't. Yes, I can." It is a battle of the sexes. Fun stuff. Darlin got a spider bite on her face that got bacteria in it. It turned into infantigo. So I have been doctoring that with bactroban.
The rest of October consisted of work, work and more work. We gathered our cows and shipped. We had a lot of wonderful help. Dale and John came and helped. Our friends Steve and Collette came. We missed our England friends this year. Riding reminded me of them. I remember bundling Amy up and praying she wouldn't freeze last year. This year for the most part we had better weather. We didn't ride in snow. A few days were terribly windy, but other than that, it was decent. I was ready for a break from cooking and cleaning by the end of October. Saying that, it is good to be busy.
Working cattle in the shipping pens.
Darlin bundled up in the bear and with the binky.
For Halloween Denim dressed like Mulan, Blazen chose Avatar, Darlin was a black cat, and I was a quickly thrown together ugly witch (it worked for me because I didn't have time to shower or fix my hair so I threw dirt on my face and ratted my hair. Whala!). The kids had a blast at the Datil Carnival. They especially loved the cake walk, which they patronized for about an hour. We came home with SEVERAL cakes.
Love ya
Timber
Timber




1 comment:
Loved Salt Lake but we did miss McCarty.
Post a Comment