Sunday, March 14, 2010

Favorites

Favorites:

I decided to write about my new favorite things with this baby.

1. Udder Cover
Syringa gave me this for Christmas. I didn't think that I would like it at first because I don't use it much while at home, but I have really learned to love it. It is sooooo nice to have while around company, traveling, or in someone elses home. It has a strap that goes over your neck so you don't have to hold the blanket up. It has sewing boning in the front so that you can just look down and see your baby. It is also very thin and breathable, so the baby doesn't get hot. It is so easy, I often even walk around with it on while nursing.






2. Baby Blanket Sock
Sheri Penrod gave this to me. Her daughter makes them with a hat/cap maker. I love it because you just stuff the baby in it and she can't kick out. If it is really cold, I first swaddle her and then put her in it. It stretches, so I often pull it up around her head when we walk outside. Then I just fold it down if it gets to hot.








3. Swaddle Me
I love love love these. I have to types, and I love both. Darlin really sleeps so good in them, and she never kicks out. If she wants to stretch, I just undo the arm part. Plus, swaddling a baby had never been easier.







4. Moby Wrap
I must first say that I tried several different slings and baby carriers. I took them back or put them away. This one is the BEST!!! Charlotte encouraged me to buy it; I was hesitant, but it was well worth it. There are so many different positions that you can use. It is much less straining on your shoulders and back. Darlin is very content in it. She is so close to me; she molds to my body. The best is the ability I have to do so much while "holding" her. I am able to cook, clean, help the other kids, ect. I highly recommend this, especially if you have other children.











5. Infant Wedge
I really love this. This is more for the infant. Darlin is 6 weeks now, and I can see that she will probably not want to be in this in another month or two. For now it is great. I especially love this item because I co-sleep with my babies. I want to make it as safe as possible. This really makes that happen. She cannot roll, yet you can place her slightly sideways if you want. I place the wedge high so that my covers cannot go over her. The wedge also acts as a barrier against Dad or Mom rolling on her. She is also high so that Ace and I can snuggle underneath and touch feet. If you were to put the wedge on the outside (which I have done) with a barrier, baby wouldn't roll of the bed. I like the wedge because Darlin sleeps so well (she only wakes up 1 time during the night). I need my rest with 3 kids so that I can function and not be Cruella Devil. You can also put the wedge in the baby crib if you are not a co-sleeper. Letting baby sleep part sideways helps baby to not have a flat head on the back also.










I have several other favorites like the new nursing pads, Lilly Pads, but these are my top 5 as of today.


March 7th-13th:



This week Darlin figured out how to suck her thumb. The kids just thought that was great, so they all had to try it together.








Denim Bleu learned how to blow a bubble with gum this week. She had so much fun and was absolutely amazed. She had to make sure someone saw each bubble.





Tawana had the kids come to Datil for the day. All of the kids K-6th grade from Datil and Quemado got together and had a big basketball tournament. It was fun to watch. They had concessions and yummy desserts. Denim and Blazen got to spend time with friends and afterward the best part was being able to play with the basketballs. Denim called it "juggling." Blazen was trying to play football. He would hold that ball as tight as possible and dodge in and out of the other kids, then he would say, "Mom, wook at me, me not get touched."

















Darlin Dawn did rather well for such a big day. She sure is growing.





I ordered the kids Mr. Roger's Neighborhood on Netflicks this week. They really enjoyed it. We had to make our own drums after. We made them out of diaper boxes and dry cleaning hangers.





It warmed up. Yeah!!!! I know that it is just march, but we couldn't wait. I filled the pool with hot water from the hot water heater and we went swimming.





Other events:

*I had my postpartum visit. Everything looks good, and I am completely healed. I had the pediatrician look at Darlin's bum. She doesn't have anything serious like yeast or bladder infection. She gave her a prescription of nystatin (which took Wal-Mart 2 1/2 hrs to fill). I didn't feel it was working that well either. I finally just took her diaper off completely. She either had nothing, or a really loose cloth diaper for three days before I started noticing a difference. I have had to continue to do that for about 4 hrs a day to keep the rash away. She weighed 9lbs 90z and the pediatrician was amazed at her strength and weight gain.

*Blazen's eye was really red and draining. Ace and I were afraid that he got a wood sliver in it. I had a Jesse Hutton over playing, so Ace took Blazen in to Dr. Heap in Springerville. Blazen was ok, but his eye duct was clogged. We had to put a hot rag on it and rub. Ace got his eyes checked too, because he has been getting headaches, especially when he drives. Turns out, he needs glasses. His brain basically just uses one eye to see with right now.

1 comment:

Denisse said...

so cute Tim! I read every line and loved reading about your favorite things with this new baby! Glad all is going well and I'm glad Darlin's rash is gone now! Thank goodness...those are just no fun at all!

I called the other day and Ace told me you are with your family! So glad you are able to visit with them and take the kiddos to spend time with them! I will call you again some time after Easter!

Hope you guys have a good time with your family and Happy Easter!:) Love ya!