We all went to Bernalillo and hung out at Will and Nacona's house. Granny was already up there. She was studying for real-estate school (she is becoming a broker). Auntie was on Spring Break. Papa had gone to Hobbs to buy a live in trailer and was back. Since everyone was there, Ace and I decided to take a day and go be with the family. We had good time!!! Nalynn and Whitley were roping when we got there, so we got to play in the dirt at the arena for a little while. Later on, Granny stayed and played with Ike, Denim and Blazen while the rest of us went out and ate.
Scrunched in the back seat, going to eat.

Auntie and Papa in the front. Will drove us all there.

L to R. Ace, Tawana, Papa, Nalynn, Whitley, Will, Me, and Nacona.

We ate at a famous restaurant. This plate is signed by Obama. Just because I showed this plate does not mean I am a big fan of Obama, because I am NOT. He scares the heber jeebers out of me!!!!!!

Papa with Darlin.

Ace and I.

Granny is so beautiful. She is a very loving grandma and always has good advice. She helped me bath the newest on the totem pole.

Blazen is feeding Papa some of his cold cereal.

This is the live-in trailer that Papa bought. It was previously owned by a PBR bull rider. It is 36 feet long.

On the way home I bought a cream soda to share with the kids. It exploded all over the truck.
We laughed.

Later on in the week we went out with Ace We had a cow that prolapsed and died. The baby calf stayed by her. We went and got the calf so it wouldn't die. We will have to bottle feed it every 12 hours.

The calf was little enough that Ace just roped it be foot and drug it in.

Before we loaded it, Ace wanted to make sure that he had got the right calf. He would drag the calf a little, making it bawl. The other cows would come to the sound and smell the calf to be sure that it wasn't theirs. We got the right one.

The kids were interested in seeing the dead cow. It was a great science lesson. The crows are fast and the eyes were already eaten. The coyotes hadn't yet got to her, since they first eat the soft spots like the udder and behind. She was bloated and very gassy. Ace explained to them how the body decays and released carbon-dioxide. He pushed on her belly and a low groaning noise came out. Denim was especially interested in the decay process and were the spirit goes. Ace picked up some snow, made a snow ball, and explained, "Denim is it like this snowball, it is all together, but then when the body dies and the spirit leaves and goes to heaven (he throws it against the truck and it breaks into a million pieces.) the body begins to break up, just like the snowball.

We have pinon pine trees here in New Mexico. This is a pine cone. You can see where the little pinon nuts have previously been and fallen out.

Ace burned dead wood at the lodge. We went up and hiked. We got above the lodge, so I took a picture. It has lots of smoke though. Ace played and played with Denim and Blazen. They had a ball. They were playing soldiers and war. Ace kept saying they had to hide from the Russians, then Blazen would yell, "wun, wun, wun fwom da wussians." (run, run, run from the russians). Finally Ace said, "We used to fight the Russians when I was a kid, but you guys are going to have to fight the terrorists."

Ace helped Denim climb way high in this tree. She loved it.

I went and got marshmallow, so that we could roast them. The fire was a bit too hot, but they tasted good anyway.


I tried to keep Darlin out of the smoke. She loved the warm sunny day, but when the sun went down, it was a bit too cold for us.

I bought an artichoke in town. Denim and Blazen thought it was soooo special and good. It was an adventure taking all the leaves off and dipping them. Blazen would dip the same leaf in butter several times. He liked the butter more than the artichoke.

Being mommy is the best. It is exhausting, but I love, love, love it!!!

Auntie and Papa in the front. Will drove us all there.
L to R. Ace, Tawana, Papa, Nalynn, Whitley, Will, Me, and Nacona.
We ate at a famous restaurant. This plate is signed by Obama. Just because I showed this plate does not mean I am a big fan of Obama, because I am NOT. He scares the heber jeebers out of me!!!!!!
Papa with Darlin.
Ace and I.
Granny is so beautiful. She is a very loving grandma and always has good advice. She helped me bath the newest on the totem pole.
Blazen is feeding Papa some of his cold cereal.
This is the live-in trailer that Papa bought. It was previously owned by a PBR bull rider. It is 36 feet long.
On the way home I bought a cream soda to share with the kids. It exploded all over the truck.
We laughed.
Later on in the week we went out with Ace We had a cow that prolapsed and died. The baby calf stayed by her. We went and got the calf so it wouldn't die. We will have to bottle feed it every 12 hours.
The calf was little enough that Ace just roped it be foot and drug it in.
Before we loaded it, Ace wanted to make sure that he had got the right calf. He would drag the calf a little, making it bawl. The other cows would come to the sound and smell the calf to be sure that it wasn't theirs. We got the right one.
The kids were interested in seeing the dead cow. It was a great science lesson. The crows are fast and the eyes were already eaten. The coyotes hadn't yet got to her, since they first eat the soft spots like the udder and behind. She was bloated and very gassy. Ace explained to them how the body decays and released carbon-dioxide. He pushed on her belly and a low groaning noise came out. Denim was especially interested in the decay process and were the spirit goes. Ace picked up some snow, made a snow ball, and explained, "Denim is it like this snowball, it is all together, but then when the body dies and the spirit leaves and goes to heaven (he throws it against the truck and it breaks into a million pieces.) the body begins to break up, just like the snowball.
We have pinon pine trees here in New Mexico. This is a pine cone. You can see where the little pinon nuts have previously been and fallen out.
Ace burned dead wood at the lodge. We went up and hiked. We got above the lodge, so I took a picture. It has lots of smoke though. Ace played and played with Denim and Blazen. They had a ball. They were playing soldiers and war. Ace kept saying they had to hide from the Russians, then Blazen would yell, "wun, wun, wun fwom da wussians." (run, run, run from the russians). Finally Ace said, "We used to fight the Russians when I was a kid, but you guys are going to have to fight the terrorists."
Ace helped Denim climb way high in this tree. She loved it.
I went and got marshmallow, so that we could roast them. The fire was a bit too hot, but they tasted good anyway.
I tried to keep Darlin out of the smoke. She loved the warm sunny day, but when the sun went down, it was a bit too cold for us.
I bought an artichoke in town. Denim and Blazen thought it was soooo special and good. It was an adventure taking all the leaves off and dipping them. Blazen would dip the same leaf in butter several times. He liked the butter more than the artichoke.
Being mommy is the best. It is exhausting, but I love, love, love it!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment