Saturday, March 13, 2010

Hobbs

During the weekend, Whitley had a Junior High School Rodeo in Eastern New Mexico, so the kids and I jumped in with the crew and went to Hobbs to visit cousins. The trip was a lot of fun and I had a lot of help from all of the McPhauls. We were able to stay in a nice hotel with a swimming pool. The night that we got there, Kaylynn brought Tristan and Waverly and we got to swim together. Auntie watched Darlin for me, so that I could help Denim and Blazen. Denim is quite the little fish. She swam without floaties the whole time. Tristan helped with her when I had to nurse Darlin. Blazen was cautious and wanted to be held the whole time. He reminded me that the last time he had drowned.

On the way to Hobbs we were able to see good friends of ours, Ned and Janet, over ice cream. Papa also snarfed down his lunch as fast as he could so he could hold Darlin for me while I ate. Granny tried to take her away, but he wouldn't have it.





Duwana Gay with Darlin. Little London was very interested the whole weekend.




Kaylynn being a good Aunt.





Tawana is so skinny. She has worked so hard and looks way good.





Ike sure got along. He is really a little trooper with that leg, but he sure doesn't let it stop him. He get in the wheelchair and goes, or scoots on his bum, or hops. He even played on the swings and through some hoops with Tristan.








Duwana Gay with London.





Blaire and Royal. Blaire just LOVES us crazy people asking him for counseling. Royal enjoys the company of Jerry. They have a good time. One evening the couples went out for dinner.








The kids just loved the karaoke system that Kaylynn had. They played and played with it. Especially Denim and Waverly. One moment they were preaching like preachers about Jesus and wrong and right, the next they were singing songs. It was very cute.

Blazen and Denim. Blazen finally got his turn.





Denim is preaching to Waverly here.





These two just really hit it off this time. They are both stubborn and bossy as heck, so one couldn't overpower the other.








Tristan was a Saint the whole weekend. He was so grown up and helped with all the little kids who idolized him, especially Ike. The kids all wanted to play video games like him. He got out extra controls (unplugged) and let them "play" with him. It was HILARIOUS. Each kid thought he was the race car driver, playing. Once in awhile one would say, "I'm the red car." Another kid, "NO, I'm the red car." I said, "You are all the red car, you are helping Tristan, GO, GO."





I don't think he did as well as he normally does. It is a lot of pressure trying to keep 4 kids happy and trying to make them think they are really playing.





Tristan, Kaylynn, and London.





We had Ike's birthday while we were there. Nacona did a Sponge Bob theme. It was very cute.





The birthday party was a lot of crazy fun.





Blow out the candles!!





We made sponge Bob's out of Sponges.





They also did face painting.





Nacona gave the kids silly string. Denim loved chasing Uncle Will.





Will drug Nalynn out of the house to get sprayed. I don't think Nalynn was too happy about it.








We finally got the little cousins to pose for a picture. Denim, Waverly, Ike, Blazen, and London.





This is Whitley barrel run on Saturday. We did make it to the rodeo for a little while.




Other events:

*Darlin had a very bad diaper rash. Kaylynn called a doctor friend to see what tricks we could try. I tried them all. Baking soda baths, no wipes-only cotton balls and water, Maalox, corn starch, air, and all the creams. I am really hoping it is just the travel because nothing has been a miracle cure.

*At the rodeo, a friend of Whitley's, jumped on her horse bareback with only a halter on. The horse spooked and ran off with her. It ran into a metal wall (3 sided, where they put sawdust). She finally got away from it by climbing over the wall and collapsing. The ambulance took her to the hospital and she was ok. The horse continued to freak out and fell over backwards and stabbed it's chest into a wheel barrel. It ruptured the main artery in it's neck and it bled to death right in front of everyone. Pretty gruesome. Granny lectured us all about not getting on with a halter and bareback, especially at a rodeo. Horses act different there, no matter how gentle they are.


Thank you to everyone for all the help and hospitality. We had a wonderful time and it was good to spend time building memories with family.

1 comment:

Denisse said...

WoW! Tawana IS looking awesome! Please tell her I said so! She really looks good! I'll have to ask you what she's been doing next time I talk to you...

Looks like everyone had a great time at Ike's birthday party!