Saturday, April 10, 2010

visit

March 21st-27th:

This week the kids and I had the opportunity of going to Utah and spending some time with the Amy Family. We had such a wonderful time. It is always very therapeutic, and it was nice just to relax and not have to worry about the day to day chores, mom got to do that.

Ace drove the kids and I to Flagstaff, where we met our good friends, Bret and Jerry Reeder. They were driving home from a rodeo in Phoenix. They gave the kids and I a ride to Toquerville. It was great because they have a very nice live-in trailer that we rode in and watched movies in the whole way.

On our way to meet the Reeders, we stopped off for the afternoon and ate lunch with our good friends. It was nice to visit them. They are such a cool family and great examples to us in every way. Rob had to show us his awesome winter project, a new climbing wall. We broke the sabbath a little bit by climbing it, the kids couldn't help themselves. Jen cooked us a wonderful meal and showed us her home. We loved sharing their life, as they often have shared ours.





On the way to grandma's house Denim and Blazen were totally excited. It got later and later and they were getting tired. I said, "Denim, just go to sleep." She said, "Oh, no, mom. I just can't. I love it when McCarty and grandma come running outside to see me, and pick me up and carry me in. I want to be awake to see them." It warmed my heart that it meant so much to her. Mom and McCarty always run out to greet us. I told Denim that I would wake her up when we got there. She finally fell asleep. It was midnight when we arrived. Denim was OUT. We tried to wake her, but she wouldn't wake up. The next morning she was upset. I had to explain to her that we had all tried to wake her, EVEN grandpa.

Denim loves her sweater that grandma made her. She wanted to learn how to make a sweater. Grandma sat down and started teaching her. She started with crocheting. It was fun for about 10 min.




Grandma was outside with Blazen and he noticed her flower pot. "Cow teets?" He asked. "Yes, Blazen." grandma said proudly. "You cut head off?" He asked. My mom laughed.





The first few days were very laid back and relaxing. Blazen and Denim liked to go and explore and see goaty shmotie. Blazen's shoe fell off. Denim's taking care of him. "Help mom."





Dad had a little surprise for me when I got there. He brought out some really neat chaps that he had made out of hide. They are so cool. Then he brought out a vest made of hide. He showed me how neat it was with antler buttons and all. "Try it on and see how it looks." So I did. Then he said, "Didn't someone as a little girl always want a vest made of hide." It dawned on me, "Is this for me?" He laughed. Then I gave him a hug.







Mom was the perfect hostess. She cooked her little heart out. She had lots of help. Blazen wanted to be her little helper all week.






Charlotte and Trujillo just signed on their house. They were trying to move all week. I am sure it was very stressful. We were able to play with Ralayna and Abraham a lot as Charlotte tried to get things accomplished. They still found some time to visit through it all. I just have such a fun time talking with Charlotte. We are going through the same things in life right now.




Ralayna, Abraham, Denim, and Blazen played prince and princesses all week. Denim was Abe's princess, and Ralayna was Blazen's. Mom's house was a disaster.





The girls are playing office.




Nathan just LOVES my mom. It is hilarious. He follows her EVERYWHERE. He reaches for her and cries for her. She even hides from him at times if she needs to get something done.



Abraham is so cute. He just loves to be a cowboy. One day he came over and he didn't have his cowboy hat and Blazen had his. It was over for Abe. He lost it. "I need my hat, my head is hot (rubbing head) I have to have my hat, my head is hot, I wanna be a cowboy, I need my hat." These little boot he is rarely without either.




Darlin Dawn is growing. She had bellyaches for a few days, but it got better when I gave her a little bit of powder probiotic. When we first got to grandma's, McCarty woke up to see her. The first thing that McCarty said was, "You LIED to me. She doesn't look like and Amy. You lied to me." My mom said, "Well, McCarty, she has changed a lot."







During the week I got my hair cut and colored. Mom cut her hair too. We played with Ralayna and Abe nearly everyday. I did school with Denim and mostly we just relaxed.

The weekend rolled around and Syringa and Sierra showed up. We had planned to all meet together. Everyone had to make a special effort to be there. Sierra, especially, had a hard time sorting out things with her work to be able to come.

McCarty, Syringa, and Darlin. This was the first time my Syringa had seen Darlin, so it was special to me. They just love her.




Abe and Syringa having a stare down.





Sierra had to work until 10:00pm on Friday. After work, Preston drove her all night, to be able to come home and be with us. He is a stud!! They arrived at about 6:00 am. We got up to see them. They came in and held Darlin right away. Miss Denim is loving up to her Aunt Sierra.





Syringa and Denim. My kids are loved.





McCarty had a track meet. We went and watched. Dad is very serious.





Go McCarty go. She ran the 800. She is looking good with all that running.




Mom, McCarty, Syringa, Darlin, Sierra, and Me at the track meet. The kids stayed with their uncles for an hour.




Greg and Syringa.





Preston and Sierra.





Did you find something McCarty?





Syringa was having the kids be helpers. They were soldiers and she was the commander.





Ok, so we all had to admit that Greg had the monopoly on Darlin. Did anyone else even get to hold her? He is so ready for a family. He is going to be such a good Dad. All of the little kids were running around like crazy and my mom asked, "Are you sure your ready for this." He commented that if he was going to be a part of it anyway, one of them might as well be his own.





Trujillo and Nathan. Trujillo was so busy this week with the new house. It was nice that we could be with him a bit.





Playing on the trampoline.





Uncle Preston getting abused by all the kids.






McCarty got asked to the Prom while we were there. The boy made metal roses in shop and gave them to her throughout the day. Then he gave her a note.







So, obviously, she had to answer back creatively. We brainstormed. Mom called him and told him that we had never met him and that we needed to interview him, could he please come over. He wasn't thrilled to call it an interview, but was a trooper and came over. Trujillo met him at the door, gun in hand. My dad had all of his big hunting knives laid out. Every person had a question (like 10 of us). We put him on a chair and started in. Greg, "If this is not your most embarrassing moment, what is?" Preston (holding the masculators), "Do you know the definition of a steer, and how to make one?" Syringa, "Do you know the words to I am a child of God?" After the poor boy answered Yes, Syringa said, "Que music please." Mom started playing the piano and the boy actually sang, we started singing with him. At that point my hat was off to him and I was well impressed. Sierra, "What do you plan on doing as a career after high school?" Me, "Do you plan on making a 5 or 6 figure income?" Charlotte had planned to ask which Twilight character he would be, Edward or Jacob, but he hadn't seen either movie, so she asked, "If you could be a superhero, which one would you be?" Trujillo, "How many girls have you kissed?" Mom, "Are you planning on shaving for prom, what are you planning to wear, and do you STILL want to take Mccarty to Prom?" Dad, "Are you going to drive my daughter safely?" Then after he had answered all of the questions we went down the line like American Idol and gave him a Yes or No. We had prearranged our answers. Mine was, "Well I was hoping you would go beyond and tell me a 7 figure income, so my answer is NO." Trujillo's answer was also NO. He said, "No, because no one is good enough for MY sister." In the end it was a tie, so McCarty had to be the tie breaker. She stood up and held up a sign, "I say YES!!!" It was fun and he stayed around for a few hours playing games. Preston said, "Please remind me never to ask out an Amy girl if that is what you have to go through." Greg agreed, and Ace said the same over the phone. We laughed. Trujillo is in the Young Men's in his ward and he said that we do have a reputation amongst the high school boys for being pretty scary.








1 comment:

Denisse said...

It looks like you guys had soooo much fun!:)