Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easter

We had a fabulous Easter week with tons going on. The most wonderful was just remembering the reason for the season. Jesus Christ. It is always fun doing the whole Easter bunny and egg thing, but it is always special to remember that this is the time of year that our Savior suffered and died for us, then rose on the 3rd day.

Happy Easter!!!!!

I went to see Steve, Cyndi, Gail, and Grandma Bubbles. I bet you couldn't guess who enjoyed the visit most. Wow, you were right......Grandma Bubbles. I honestly didn't think that I would get Darlin back. Grandma Bubbles has Alzheimer and remembers things only on about 10 min intervals. She would just love Darlin and ask questions about her, then she would cuddle her and space off a bit. Then she would look down; she had forgotten that she was holding a baby. When she saw Darlin "for the first time" again all over, it would at first shock her, then completely overjoy her, and then the same questions.....which I didn't mind answering over and over. It was really quite amazing watching the utter joy overcome her EVERY 10 min. This was the repeated conversation...

g-ma: (gasp) Oh, my, what a little darling. Oh, my, my. Is she yours?
me: Yes, she is.
g-ma: Oh, how sweet. Do you have any others?
me: Yes, I have a little girl that is 5, and a little boy that is 2.
g-ma: Then you won't mind sharing this one with me will you.
me: No, I won't
g-ma: Don't be stingy, you can just leave this one here for me to tend. She won't mind.
me: I don't know about that.
g-ma: Oh, go on, you just go on shopping and leave this one here.
both: (laughing)
g-ma: She really is so precious, look she really likes me.
g-ma: Holding her feel so good.......(thinking)....it makes me homesick.
DAYDREAMING
repeat, repeat, repeat for 2 hours.




Cyndi sent me a beautiful picture home. It is of a woman holding a baby and is 100 yrs old. It was redone with lemon and was grandma bubbles' aunt's picture. It is so neat. Cyndi also had sent Darlin some brand new vintage 50 yr old handcrafted dresses. They are beautiful.


Spring is here. We really felt, smelt, and saw the effects in Southern Utah.








Blazen rode in the big truck with Grandpa. They brought home the bucking horses. Starting to get ready for all the rodeos.





Off they go. Get ready boys, winter is over!!





I love my dad!





So does Blazen.





We played at the playground while Grandma was at piano lessons.





Let's die some Easter eggs.





Sweet girls.





Concentration.....this is serious business.





I found Denim some overall, which she has been asking for-for months, at the DI for 4 bucks. I was so proud of my purchase. As you can tell.....so is she.





On our way to meet Ace in Flagstaff, we had foggy areas. It was pretty.





We met Ace in Flagstaff and then drove on to Mesa. We went to the Easter Pageant at the Mesa temple. It was AMAZING! Really quite the production. I was impressed. Denim loved all of the people in costume. As they walked by, she would ask them who they were. She was a little bit scared of the soldiers.











Blazen held out for a long time, but didn't quite make it to the end. It had been a long day.





Our favorite part was the angels on the very top of the building. Denim was in awe. "Mom are those REAL angels?"





The finale was Christ resurrected, and ascended to heaven. He is actually lifted up. Pretty cool. It was a very special experience.





We met Granny, Auntie, Nacona, Nalynn, Whitley, and Ike in Scottsdale. It was the girls spring break, so Granny planned a trip to all be together. She got us rooms at a really nice resort. We had a ball. There was a pool, a lake with boating and fishing, nice rooms, close mall, as well as close dining.

This is us in the paddle boats. The paddle boats were definitely made for us. We tried the regular boats with oars......let's just say you probably have to be smarter than the oar, which we were not. Thank the heavens for paddle boats. Actually, not bragging or anything, Nalynn and I were the best at the regular boats.








Oops......too close.





Lots of sunshine. I was going to post the previous picture, the one with Ike screaming and Nacona holding him upside down, but I thought Nacona would like this one more.





Maybe a bit too much sunshine mom.





Nalynn being a sweetie and holding Darlin, while I had my turn in the paddle boats.





Boys chillin in the hammock.





When you throw a rock....





this is what happens.





Cool, hu!





Granny lived with her aunt her in Scottsdale in college. She took us to one of her favorite old restaurants. It had a fun hopper feel. I loved it. Plus the food was light and very good. The favorite was the banana bread/cream cheese sandwiches.









Darlin Dawn.





Auntie hanging out and helping the kids fish.





Granny bought the 3 little ones play fishing poles at wall mart. They fished their little hearts out for hours. I swear that Tawana and I cast their lines at least 100 times each. They couldn't figure out why they weren't catching anything. We thought it was probably not the best idea to put a real hook on since they were right next to each other.





While Auntie and I were helping the kids fish, granny was watching Darlin Dawn. She went and sat under a tree to keep her shaded. It was a beautiful day and the birds were chirping overhead. Then granny felt something.....she looked down........and freaked out. A bird had pooped right on Darlin's head. Oh, man, maybe I have something wrong with me, but I just couldn't stop laughing. I did get it wiped up right away, but the look on grannies face and the poop on Darlin's head was just soooooo darn funny.


Dad came back from his meeting with the bosses. Oh, we love it when Daddy comes home. "Let's beat him up."






"Now it's my turn," says Dad.





Nacona took Nalynn and Whitley shopping. They found a few good things. Nalynn bought her dress to go to rodeo prom. I am mad that I didn't get a picture of it.

Granny, Ace, the kids, and I went to the Willis Family home on Friday night and ate dinner with them. It was a good experience. Their home is very neat. They have great decorations and remodeling. They hosted us very well and invited lots of people, some whom we had met and some new faces. I was able to meet Dale's father, and he remembered the Brodrick family and asked about them. We ate hamburgurs and as always my children got spoiled.


A new day. Nacona, Ike, Denim, Blazen, Darlin, and I went to the train museum in Scottsdale.








They had an amazing playground inside the museum. We played there for a long time. This is Ike swinging. Shortly after this picture, Ike wanted to be in the regular swings. He did really well. I was pushing him and he told me to let his mom do it because I was boring....not pushing him high enough. So Nacona pushed him for awhile. Then Nacona went to the restroom. I began pushing Ike, and I started pushing him a bit higher. Well, that didn't work. He started pumping his legs along with me, and on the upswing his heavy cast flipped him all the way over. He landed on his belly. It was too fast for me to catch him. I felt soooo bad. I thought I had broke his leg again. What and idiot. Luckily, he didn't rebreak his leg, and luckily he still loves me....I think.





After the train museum, we met everyone else at the mall and went to the movie. We went and saw The Last Song, with Miley Cyrus. I wished I had read the book first. The kids were sooooo tired.

Easter Morning:

Looks like the Easter bunny made it. Look at all the eggs.








Run, run Denim. Since Ike and Blazen are hunting too, you had better be quicker.





"Look how many I found."





"Follow the leader, follow the leader."





Time to gang up. Band of brother.





Oooooooo. Something is inside this one.





Maybe if I jump?








After the morning hunt, Ace and I loaded the truck and headed to his cousing, Caleb's house. They let us hang out with them and watch conference. It was really fun. We haven't spent time with them for awhile. Everyone has grown soooooo much. Conference was wonderful as well. I am just excited for the Ensign to come out so that I can read the talks and remember all of the messages.

Esther made us breakfast and lunch, which we appreciate very much. I loved visiting with her. She really made us feel welcome and she is really raising her children well. They are a family who serves others. A great example to me.

L to R. Mirium, Wyatt, Marcessa, Hayden, Esther, Caleb, Ace, Blazen, Denim, Darlin, and me.





Mirium and Darlin





Marcessa, Darlin, and Mirium.





The little dog was cute.





Ace and Caleb are good buds. They have fun discussing matters. Ace really hammers the questions to Caleb. It cracks me up because Caleb never gets rattled, yet he comes up with some good answers. It is thanks to Caleb that Ace and I are married. Ace asked Caleb's advice after we had been on a date. I had gone to a roping with Ace and met Caleb and Esther. Caleb told Ace that sometimes you have to just jump off that cliff. Ace took the advice.....we are married and the rest is history.





See what I mean. Ace looks like he could kill someone and Caleb is laughing.
Seriously, Caleb needs to live closer.


No comments: