Monday, April 12, 2010

Clones

I told my dad that I would do a blog about all of the clones. He was very excited to take me all over the ranch and show me the clones and their dads. I was pretty excited too. It was actually very fascinating. Steve and Cyndi have decided to clone some of their top bucking bulls. So far, they have only had a few done. The bulls look exactly like their fathers, even up to the way their hair spirals in their foreheads. Scientifically they should have the same potential to buck as their fathers, but whether they will or not sometimes depends on situation; just the right run. We are excited to see how the young ones will do. Anyway, they built a special building by the saddle shop specifically for the experimentation of new cloning.

Here it is.....




White Magic




His clones: five 8 month olds, one 1 1/2 old month old.







Wanna Dance



3 cones: 1 1/2 yrs old.





Mr. USA




1 clone: 9 months old.




Dad was hauling Darlin and I around in the cabodo. He showed me this horse. He relayed a story to me. "When I first started working for the Diamond G ranch, I saw this old bucking horse and he looked so familiar. I started asking where he has come from, and it turns out that he was one of the last horses that had come from the Prescotts, then to Mickey Young, then to Diamond G. I rode him in college, and he was a great horse. He is about 35 to 36 yrs old and he still went to the circuit finals about 5 yrs ago."

Mountain Top: An old legend.




I had to post these pictures because it was soooo interesting to me. This is everyone piling in to see what was happening. What is happening?





Some of the yearlings got spooked by something and basically went crazy and run to death. The ones that didn't run to death, ran until they ruined their legs. No one was chasing them, they just went crazy. Dad, Lukas, and Trujillo tried to cast their legs, so they wouldn't walk on the backs of their knees. Poor guys. I hope it helps.





This one wouldn't be still, so they put him in a sling to keep him from running.





Beehives have a season in California, then they are transported to Northern Utah. They had a few weeks of in between time, so the ranch was asked if the hives could stay in Southern Utah for a few weeks. They drop them off and pick them up in the middle of the night; the coldest part, to ensure that the majority of the bees are in the hives.





The creek will run for another 2 months, then it will be dry.


No comments: