Sunday, April 18, 2010

Easy

April 11th-17th:

This week the kids and I helped Ace spread the bulls out all over the ranch. It was nice to be outside in the fresh air. There was one thing that wasn't too nice.




After squatting and endeavoring to stay 100% dry ( I failed miserably), I made this one tiny conclusion....... MEN HAVE IT SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EASY!!!!!!!!!










SEE WHAT I MEAN...........EASY!!!!!!!






DENIM AGREES. "Mom why can't I try to go like Blazen?" Me, "Sis, it just doesn't work like that." Total bummer.





Having fun climbing the trailer, waiting for more bulls to be loaded.





Hey, Hey Everybody. Look, what is going on over there?





Look at that dog work. She sure is becoming a great cow dog. Ace has worked hard with her. The other day she was working cattle with Ace when he was helping his dad. Jerry turned to Ace and offered him $1000 for her. Ace laughed, "no way."





Siggum, Sass, siggum.





Well, being the younger girl, I am afraid Darlin has more of this to come.





It sure is dry.





Bring it on baby. As much as possible.





Life is often not so fun out on the ranch. Denim was in the back of the truck and stood up underneath the metal trailer and bonked her head. She got a real big knot.





We all went to town and picked up a beef that Jerry gave us to be butchered. Darlin is really started to be able to understand her surroundings. Her she is at the Mexican Restauraunt that we ate at.





On the way to town we had to stop and take this picture. It is a great example of the benefit of cattle. One side of the fence has been grazed properly and now is green. The other side hasn't been grazed down, and no new green grass is growing. Hmmmmmm, VERY interesting. Cattle might just be (cough, cough) GOOD for the environment?





The kids got in Darlin's plastic bathtub and pretended to go sledding. Children have such imaginations.





In Quemado they started a little gymnastics program. I started taking Denim. It is fun. She is fun to watch. Thanks to special lessons from Aunt Charlotte, she feels very confident in her skills. They made all of them run. Denim is such a little pipsqueak compared to the others. She took off full blast, like she was in the race of a lifetime. After two laps she about died. She told the teacher, she had to stop and couldn't breath. She hunched over for a minute. The teacher then explained that she could just "jog" or walk like the other kids that she had lapsed. I think the other kindergarten kids had a little PE experience.





My precious girl is so perfect. This week Darlin got a tooth. It goes in and out. My others were WAY older.





We started into the brandings this week. We went over and helped Jerry with a few at the Bedtheow.





It was very windy. I kept Darlin in the truck. Blazen went with his dad earlier and rode with Granny. Granny is helping the kids be a part of everything when I can't.





All Blazen could talk about was "ridin a bull." So after the branding, Ace, Tim Cox, and Nate helped him accomplish his dreams.





"Rideim, Blazen, Rideim." Now that is a MEAN Bull if you ask me.





Oh ya, I'm a stud!!





The wind and dust took it's tole. We had to give Blazen allergy medicine for 2 days after.





Somebody ripped their bottoms.

Peekaboo. He, he, he.







This past Saturday Ace watched the kids while I went to a General Relief Society Conference in Springerville. It was sooooo amazing. I absolutely loved it. We had different classes on the temple, being self-reliant in all ways, and visiting teaching. The theme was "Decisions Determine Destiny." Our first speaker was so neat. She had lost her husband about 5 yrs previous. She came to a point in her life were she needed a change. She prayed and received an answer of 5 things that she could do that would make a big difference in her life. She implemented the 5 things and told us that if we would do the same, miracles would ensue.

People who suffer from depression live in the past.
People who suffer from anxiety live in the future.
Live in the present, love the moment, make the best of your time.

Remember to love today,
because in reality, today is all you might have.

Here are the 5 things:




I have been doing this every morning when I wake up. It is awesome!!! One morning Ace looked at me and chuckled, "Timber you are going to wear yourself out being so happy."
"Better happy than cranky," I said.

Align Center

1 comment:

Denisse said...

ha ha ha ha!!!!!!! there are some really funny pictures in this post!!! and some really amazing ones too of scenery! Just beautiful Tim! I'm so glad you're enjoying life! :)