1. Good and Plenty
2. Zero
3. Big Hunk
4. Milky Way
5. Life Saver
6. Kisses
7. Baby Ruth
8. Butterfingers
9. 100 grand
10. Jelly Bellies
Fun hu!!
Anyway so I have been a big slacker with my blog. I got home to Pie Town and just relaxed, so I am going to sum up Aug in one blog.
Maybe just one word.....
Rain
Rain
Rain
Did I mention the word wonderful, sweet, gorgeous, lovely rain?
Oh I did. Awesome! Well, that is what we have had, nearly every day. It is amazing! The country looks very beautiful. I think it is the most beautiful since I have lived here.


We have really enjoyed Ace as well. We missed him a lot and he missed us too. He has enjoyed playing with the kids this month.
We got to ride and move cows with Ace. The kids both did really well. Nelda Rae watched Darlin so that I could ride with Blazen and Ace could ride with Denim. Denim started riding Shaylena and she LOVES it. Shaylena neck reigns really well, so Denim can really make her do what she wants, but Ace has to ride right by her because Shaylena is a bit to much horse for her to ride all alone.



One thing Ace did that the kids loved, was after he was done cleaning off the porch with the power sprayer, he sprayed the kids with the mist. He would put it up in the air and let them walk under also. They got a big kick out of it.

He also put a feeder trough up on the backhoe and we put the water hose on top. We used it as a slide into the kids pool. It was soooo fun.

I even had to try it, except I made a BIG splash and hit my butt on the bottom.

One thing that the kids and I have done nearly every day this month is to catch tadpoles. With all of the rain we have several pools puddles and mud holes ALL OVER the ranch. We take a net and catch bazillions of tadpoles.
Darlin just loves watching Denim and Blazen.

I enjoy the outdoors with my babies.

Blazen loves to work the net. The tadpoles are just so exciting for him. They move in his hand and are squishy.

The fun part is getting to play in the mud. It feels nice and cold to their feet, they just love it.


We mostly go to Long Lake to catch our tadpole because there is a plethora there. I took this cool photo while we were shopping for tadpoles at dusk.

We have had some awesome rainbows, so we have been searching for Leprechauns. Denim is soooo bummed that we haven't yet caught one. Every time we ALMOST catch one in the bushes, the rainbow disappears and the Leprechaun disappears with it. So disappointing!

One fun thing that we did this month is we took a trip to Clovis, NM with Ace. He took the long horn cross calves to the sale barn there. We jumped in and went to the sale barn and swam in the motel.
Denim was excited to be out of the truck when we finally got to the sale barn in Clovis.

Blazen was just watching the calves get unloaded and learning how to become a cattleman.

I liked this little sign at the sale. BEEF, IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER!

Ace took us on the catwalk above the sale yard. It was a big sale yard and fun to see the operation of things. Notice the railing on the side was completely open; I was scared the kids would plummet the 12 ft down below.
This is what I thought of the railing and the walkway.

It might need a little work. What do you think?

Good thing Ace was there to hold the kids' hands or I would have been ultra freaked out. He showed them all of the animals that were going to be sold, and our calves. They got to walk down little stairs into some of the pens and then at the end of our walk he let the kids jump into his arms.



Over and over and over and over again.
Now Darlin gets some love too.

I really liked the feel of Clovis. Even though it is really a big town, it has a real country Texas feel.

To go to the sale barn you cross an overpass that goes right over a big train yard. We loved that.

Ace made the trip really special for us, it was time to be with the kids and let them know that he loves them. He took us into the sale barn and showed Blazen how the cattle sold. They were in awe of the fast talking auctioneer and how the livestock came in and out of the doors so quickly. They were careful not to raise their hand, we explained to them that that is how you bid on cattle. It was fascinating for them. Then we ate with Ace in the sale barn restaurant. All the cattlemen were on one side, then Ace was on the other with us. I asked him if he was embarrassed of us or if he wanted to go over and visit with them and he said, "No way, I am right where I want to be, with my family, and no I am not embarrassed of you guys, I am glad you are here." That made me very happy.
On the way home we stopped in Fort Sumner and went to the Billy the Kid museum. It was Ace's idea. He wanted to show the kids Billy the Kid stuff. They had lots of neat artifacts, guns, wagons, all sorts of stuff.

Darlin has been rolling and scooting around the floor a lot lately. This month she is sitting up by herself really well. She will be crawling soon, I think. She watches Denim and Blazen and she is such a happy child, laughing at them all the time. They just dote on her and love it when she laughs. She has really become a mommies girl this month and won't have ANYONE else. I guess it is just the developmental stage.

We decided to let the kids be in the Reserve County Fair kids rodeo this year. Ace helped the kids practice riding every evening for 2 weeks. It has been such a confidence booster to them both. They ride in the little pens all by themselves just for about 15 min with Ace's coaching. It has been so nice for them. I love that he has been a participant. It means so much to the kids. I can see the difference.
At the fair we walked around and saw the animals. Blazen loved the pigs, he told me later that they were, "Scwattchy." Denim loved the rabbits, and tried really hard to get us to buy one. (It didn't work) We ate fair food and the kids rode the electronic bull.

Whitley came to the rodeo with Granny, Papa, and Ike. She did really well. I laughed because even though she broke out when she did break away roping, she roped the calf in 2.4 seconds. All the boys her age standing by me said, "Holy Cow, she told us she was no good at roping, she's DANG good. Dude, can you rope that good." "No dude, I don't think I can." I laughed.

Denim rode with Brandy Lynn. She just loved riding Shaylena with her dad. After the rodeo she told Ace, "Dad, I just love riding Shaylena. I think I will ride her all the time, and we will get better and better together and I can go to lots more rodeos."

Ace is riding with Denim and letting her build her confidence during the rodeo.

Blazen was more interested in playing with the boys with trucks for most of it.

Playing with trucks in the dirt is what rodeo is all about at this age. When Blazen was going around the barrels with his dad, Ace told him to wave at the crowd at the second barrel, so he did. The crowd got a kick out of that and clapped and laughed. He then took his hat off for them after the third. He was just a major crowd pleaser. I told someone later. "Yeah, rodeo for us is all about the show."

Rain
Rain
Rain
Did I mention the word wonderful, sweet, gorgeous, lovely rain?
Oh I did. Awesome! Well, that is what we have had, nearly every day. It is amazing! The country looks very beautiful. I think it is the most beautiful since I have lived here.
We have really enjoyed Ace as well. We missed him a lot and he missed us too. He has enjoyed playing with the kids this month.
We got to ride and move cows with Ace. The kids both did really well. Nelda Rae watched Darlin so that I could ride with Blazen and Ace could ride with Denim. Denim started riding Shaylena and she LOVES it. Shaylena neck reigns really well, so Denim can really make her do what she wants, but Ace has to ride right by her because Shaylena is a bit to much horse for her to ride all alone.
One thing Ace did that the kids loved, was after he was done cleaning off the porch with the power sprayer, he sprayed the kids with the mist. He would put it up in the air and let them walk under also. They got a big kick out of it.
He also put a feeder trough up on the backhoe and we put the water hose on top. We used it as a slide into the kids pool. It was soooo fun.
I even had to try it, except I made a BIG splash and hit my butt on the bottom.
One thing that the kids and I have done nearly every day this month is to catch tadpoles. With all of the rain we have several pools puddles and mud holes ALL OVER the ranch. We take a net and catch bazillions of tadpoles.
Darlin just loves watching Denim and Blazen.
I enjoy the outdoors with my babies.
Blazen loves to work the net. The tadpoles are just so exciting for him. They move in his hand and are squishy.
The fun part is getting to play in the mud. It feels nice and cold to their feet, they just love it.
We mostly go to Long Lake to catch our tadpole because there is a plethora there. I took this cool photo while we were shopping for tadpoles at dusk.
We have had some awesome rainbows, so we have been searching for Leprechauns. Denim is soooo bummed that we haven't yet caught one. Every time we ALMOST catch one in the bushes, the rainbow disappears and the Leprechaun disappears with it. So disappointing!
One fun thing that we did this month is we took a trip to Clovis, NM with Ace. He took the long horn cross calves to the sale barn there. We jumped in and went to the sale barn and swam in the motel.
Denim was excited to be out of the truck when we finally got to the sale barn in Clovis.
Blazen was just watching the calves get unloaded and learning how to become a cattleman.
I liked this little sign at the sale. BEEF, IT'S WHAT'S FOR DINNER!
Ace took us on the catwalk above the sale yard. It was a big sale yard and fun to see the operation of things. Notice the railing on the side was completely open; I was scared the kids would plummet the 12 ft down below.
This is what I thought of the railing and the walkway.
It might need a little work. What do you think?
Good thing Ace was there to hold the kids' hands or I would have been ultra freaked out. He showed them all of the animals that were going to be sold, and our calves. They got to walk down little stairs into some of the pens and then at the end of our walk he let the kids jump into his arms.
Over and over and over and over again.
Now Darlin gets some love too.
I really liked the feel of Clovis. Even though it is really a big town, it has a real country Texas feel.
To go to the sale barn you cross an overpass that goes right over a big train yard. We loved that.
Ace made the trip really special for us, it was time to be with the kids and let them know that he loves them. He took us into the sale barn and showed Blazen how the cattle sold. They were in awe of the fast talking auctioneer and how the livestock came in and out of the doors so quickly. They were careful not to raise their hand, we explained to them that that is how you bid on cattle. It was fascinating for them. Then we ate with Ace in the sale barn restaurant. All the cattlemen were on one side, then Ace was on the other with us. I asked him if he was embarrassed of us or if he wanted to go over and visit with them and he said, "No way, I am right where I want to be, with my family, and no I am not embarrassed of you guys, I am glad you are here." That made me very happy.
On the way home we stopped in Fort Sumner and went to the Billy the Kid museum. It was Ace's idea. He wanted to show the kids Billy the Kid stuff. They had lots of neat artifacts, guns, wagons, all sorts of stuff.
Darlin has been rolling and scooting around the floor a lot lately. This month she is sitting up by herself really well. She will be crawling soon, I think. She watches Denim and Blazen and she is such a happy child, laughing at them all the time. They just dote on her and love it when she laughs. She has really become a mommies girl this month and won't have ANYONE else. I guess it is just the developmental stage.
We decided to let the kids be in the Reserve County Fair kids rodeo this year. Ace helped the kids practice riding every evening for 2 weeks. It has been such a confidence booster to them both. They ride in the little pens all by themselves just for about 15 min with Ace's coaching. It has been so nice for them. I love that he has been a participant. It means so much to the kids. I can see the difference.
At the fair we walked around and saw the animals. Blazen loved the pigs, he told me later that they were, "Scwattchy." Denim loved the rabbits, and tried really hard to get us to buy one. (It didn't work) We ate fair food and the kids rode the electronic bull.
Whitley came to the rodeo with Granny, Papa, and Ike. She did really well. I laughed because even though she broke out when she did break away roping, she roped the calf in 2.4 seconds. All the boys her age standing by me said, "Holy Cow, she told us she was no good at roping, she's DANG good. Dude, can you rope that good." "No dude, I don't think I can." I laughed.
Denim rode with Brandy Lynn. She just loved riding Shaylena with her dad. After the rodeo she told Ace, "Dad, I just love riding Shaylena. I think I will ride her all the time, and we will get better and better together and I can go to lots more rodeos."
Ace is riding with Denim and letting her build her confidence during the rodeo.
Blazen was more interested in playing with the boys with trucks for most of it.
Playing with trucks in the dirt is what rodeo is all about at this age. When Blazen was going around the barrels with his dad, Ace told him to wave at the crowd at the second barrel, so he did. The crowd got a kick out of that and clapped and laughed. He then took his hat off for them after the third. He was just a major crowd pleaser. I told someone later. "Yeah, rodeo for us is all about the show."
Other events:
*All the branch members went and mowed and cleaned around the church. I put Darlin in the backpack and we all swept, pulled weeds, mowed and cleaned up the church to make it look nice. Jerry came in and helped too. Then we grilled hotdogs and hambugurs at the park afterward. Ace and I played a rough game of basketball with Denim, Blazen and Ike afterward.
*Our friend Hannah had a birthday party that we went to. Blazen was a crazy child on their electronic 4-wheeler. We have, to this day, so much candy from the pinata that we don't know what to do with ourselves. I am really enjoying my friend, Sarah's company again.
*Ace started giving the Fox family temple prep classes.
*I took the kids to Albuquerque and got them pictures at JCPennies. I got an online deal for no sitting fees and $3.99 a sheet. If you got a better deal, don't tell me. This was the first picture for Darlin, a 6 monther.
*Funny story:
Blazen has really enjoyed sitting by Buster in church because Buster has an i-pad that he lets Blazen touch. During one of the songs we sang the word DONE was said. Blazen looked up and asked Buster VERY loudley, "Busto, why did they say that bad word, DUMB." Obviously we are not aloud to use the word dumb in our home and he figured we should probably not be singing it in church.
*Funny story:
I took the kids to Quemado to get some groceries. I gave them each $1 to find a special treat to buy. On the way to Quemado I heard Blazen tell Denim after turning his special dollar over several times in his hands, "Denim, I's gonna break my dolla in two pieces, then I can buy two candies." Sounds like it should work out that way hu!




3 comments:
Hey Timber hope you dont mind I follow your blog...I am Thelmas's niece...anyway reading your blog makes me miss NM and I enjoy seeing all of the posts of your cute kids...
I love your family we need to find a way to make NM and UT closer.
Hey Timber!
I can't believe how green the ranch looks with the rain!!
You all look healthy and happy in everything you do, which makes me very happy too!!
I love your blog and read sometimes with my dad, or sometimes he calls me to tell me what's been happening with you all!
I sometimes try to leave a message but normally it doesn't let me, I'll keep trying.
Hope you are all enjoying life as much as it looks like in the pictures!!
Lots of love Amy xxxxx
Post a Comment