Monday, August 2, 2010

The Rest of the Story

Here it is.....
I got to Rexburg with the kids Monday evening. We stopped by Evan and JoAnn's place and had a quick pancake supper, then out to the sand dunes for FHE. I actually didn't know this, but the Rexburg Sand Dunes are one of the top ranked in the U.S. because they are newer and the sand hold it's shape. I totally loved it. Evan took me on the 4 wheelers, it was a big rush. The kids played in the lakes.





Denim, Blazen, Bridger, and Brinley found lots of shells, which they hoarded in a big pile.



The lakes are very shallow all the way across, so that was soooooo perfect for the kids.



What is a good FHE without smores.



This is me going around the bowl. You have to go fast so the 4-wheeler doesn't tip. It feel like you are zooming around in an airplane. I was a big woos, it freaked me out.



Jumping is fun, but the hike back up wasn't. Evan laughed at me, "That's why I don't jump down Timmi dee," said Evan.



The next morning it was BreAnn's b-day. she got Crepes in bed. It is the household tradition to get breakfast in bed.



On the way out I went and saw my grandma Dorthy and grandpa Dwaine. I sure miss them sometimes.



Hugs.



This is how I get a hug.



We met Sierra in I.F. and walked around the falls and looked at the temple.



We fed the geese. They were very people friendly and took bread right out of the kids hands.





The Idaho Falls Temple. My parents and grandparents were sealed here.



Then we went to Sierra's house. Grandma Afton and Grandpa Jake came on over to see me. It was so nice to visit with them for an afternoon. They had never seen Darlin, so it was nice to let them get acquainted. Denim and Blazen were also able to get reacquainted. It had been a year since I had last seen them. They brought special gifts for the kids which was very kind. I enjoyed my time with them.



Uncle Guy was there helping Sierra with her house, so I was able to see him. He is such a character.



The kids just totally dig their uncle Preston. He took them to the canal to show them the running water.



They were in the little church parade. Uncle Preston helped them decorate a scooter and get Blazen a flag. They were VERY excited to be in a REAL parade.





Sierra was in it too.





Blazen was all worn out after all that walking, but just couldn't drop the cookie.



Preston and Sierra are completely redoing a home that they just bought. It is a huge project. It is really coming though. Even though Sierra was in a disaster she tried treating me like a queen and cooking special meals. She cooked me Sweet Pork Salad.



Us chillin in the knomemobile. One evening we made popcorn in the microwave and watched a movie.



I was able to visit a lot of my cousins while in Idaho. I went across the desert to Arco and got to see Natalie, and Charlotte. I saw my Aunt DeAnn and Aunt Darla also. They babysat for me while I went and saw Sharon, my herb lady. I also got to see my cousins Brooke, and Echo. Denim and Blazen played with Echo's two children, Jade and Lane.

One afternoon I went to my cousin Crystal's house and had pizza.



Crystal and Darla.



When Sierra was excavating their house they found these old papers under the flooring from 1925. This was an article about one of the 1st radiology machines.



Sierra and I. It was so nice to get to spend a few days with Sierra. She is a very neat person and even though she is 7 years younger, I look up to her a lot.



After visiting Sierra, I headed to Bear Lake to visit a good friend of mine and college roommate, Brittney. I hadn't seen Brittney in about 8 years and I had really missed her sweet personality. She is such a good mom. She has 4 kids. She made us yummy cookies and pizza and we had a nice visit.



While I was at Brittney's house, Crystal was having a family reunion in Bear Lake and stopped by. She didn't know I was at Brittney's. I answered the door and she and Kevin were pretty shocked to see me. I laughed. We put all of our kiddos together for a picture. Wow, 10 years ago we were crazy college girls, now look at us. I guess we like to listen to the council of the church, Multiply and Replenish the earth.



We all have babies pretty close. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE these wonderful women. They inspire me to be much much more.



After Bear Lake, I drove to Holbrook to visit my cousin LaNae. LaNae and I are good friends and her kids are little country bumkins like mine, so they got along just fine. LaNae's husband Shad is so funny too. When I drove up in the knomemobile he laughed and said, "Timber, I could maybe picture you driving up in a porsh or something, but not that." Shad took the boys to change sprinklers with him, the girls played in the dirt and LaNae and I visited. Later that evening Shad took the kids outside to stomp on field mice. Morbid, I know, but the kids LOVED it. They thought Rylie, Reagan, and Rhett were about the most awesome kids ever. Shad always brings the kids back mice to stomp on. One day LaNae was visiting a friend and they had a pet hamster. They let it down and Rhett ran over and started stomping on it. Her friend was screaming and bawling, "STOP, STOP." The friend was a little bit mad. LaNae told me,"Poor Rhett, what was he supposed to think, the stupid animal looked just like a damn mouse." After she told me this I laughed so hard I was crying. LaNae's personality reminds me the most of my grandma Dorothy.

Here the kids are stomping on field mice.



Here is a picture of us. LaNae was acting like her mom and hiding in the picture, the turd bucket.



The next day the kids and I drove to Salt Lake and met mom, dad, McCarty, Syringa, and Greg. They wanted to take the kids to Hogal Zoo. The goal was to see a bear because the kids had been searching for bears outside the RV window the whole trip. Mom and dad picked up fried chicken and rolls and we had a picnic inside the zoo. It was pretty hot so we stripped Darlin. We had a great time, but lo and behold there was no bear at the time due to reconstruction. My mom was sorely disappointed. "We came all the way to show the kids a bear and it's not here, let's go show them the gorillas and pretend they are bears." I said, "I am pretty sure that my kids will know the difference, but we can sure try." I think we might have buffalowed Blazen, but not Denim. The big male gorilla really noticed my Dad in his cowboy hat. He was him as a threat and started throwing stuff at the window and running at him. It was cool, but freaky.





Darlin really likes Greg. She likes to fall asleep on his big chest.



The giraffe pen was cool because you climb above the giraffes.












This elephant blew a load noise from it's nose.



Here we are at the bird show.



After the bird show, Denim and Blazen got to give this bird a dollar bill.





We drove to Syringa's house in the evening and had a cousin party. Several of my cousins live or are going to school in Provo, and they came over to see me. L to R. Julie, Syringa, Greg, Kylie, Marcus, McCarty. Bottom. Andy(Julies husband), baby Aaron, Abby, Denim, Blazen, Me, and Darlin.



It was a fun visit. Mom and dad made us virgin pina-coladas. It was a fabulous recipe and soooo easy. Here it is.

Pina-Colada.

2 cans cream of coconut 14 oz each(usually found by the chinese section)
1 big can pineapple juice 46 oz
ice

Mix 1st two ingredients well. Fill blender with ice, then fill with liquid and blend. It will make two blender fulls.

We went to church with Greg and Syringa and visited them for a day.
We left in the evening and drove half way home, then the rest of the way the next day. The kids were tired of traveling, so the 2nd day was hard, especially for Darlin, but we made it. Ace was very excited to see us as we were excited to see him and be home. We had a fabulous journey and got to visit so many people that we love and admire.

That the end!

No comments: