Monday, July 26, 2010

Wyoming



Ace and I have been shopping hard for about 2 months. We finally found what we were looking for.







Oh, yeah!! Isn't she sweet. We named her the knomemobile. The kids sing the song on the road too. "The knomemobile, the knomemobile, jaunting along in the knomemobile, ect." At the end I honk the horn and all. Anyway, we really have looked at about a bazillion different motor homes. We went with fuel economy and maneuverability. We found this one in Las Vegas and Ace went and picked it up. So far, we love it.

So we took the knomemobile on her first trip........to Wyoming for the weekend. We fixed the knomemobile up in Albuquerque on the way and in route we had a blow out in Denver and had to get new tires, but we did make it.

Ace has an aunt and cousins in Wyoming. When we pulled up to Ace's cousin's house they laughed and called him cousin Eddy-from the Griswalds. He said, "Yeah, we might just stay awhile, this looks like a good place to be, and mind if I dump my sewer on your nice lawn."

Anyway, the reason for the trip was to see our niece, Nalynn, run at the National Finals High School Rodeo. She made it to Nationals in the Poles and the Barrels. We were very excited for her.







She did very well. She came in 2nd in the nation for the barrels and she also received Rookie of the year. She has worked very hard to get this far. Congratulations Nae Nae.
Good helping mom and dad.

This is a crew of us out to watch Nalynn. Papa, Blazen, Granny, Clay, Cole, Glenda Kae, Linda, Travis, Ike, Whitley, Denim, Blazen, and Darlin.



We were able to visit a lot with Ace's cousins and their families. It was a special experience for me because I have never spent much time with the Wyoming bunch. I thoroughly enjoyed myself. They really made us feel welcome and at home.

Ace's aunt Glenda Kae with Darlin.



Ace's Cousins, Chae and Frank.



Ace's girl cousin, Linda. We stayed in Linda's home and they fed us wonderful meals. Linda's husband, Travis, cracked me up with his dry humor and honesty. I really enjoyed getting to know them.



Emily, Frank's wife, with Darlin.
Emily was a sweetheart. She inspired me because she is so patient. She also inspired me because she is training for a marathon. She did a half marathon when we were there....13 miles I think. I was AMAZED!! Anyway she told me that I could start with a 5K, FYI that means 5 miles, daunting yes. She said to google from couch to 5K to get a training plan. I am still on the couch but thinking as I write this that maybe I should try it. Let me think about it a few more days. 5 miles seems like a long way to me.



Frank and Emily's little girl, Jordan.



The kids had a blast with cousin's. They played and played. They all crowded on the tramp. Blazen, Evan, Denim, Clay, and Ike.



Whitley was the oldest around most of the time. She really took charge of the situation and bossed all the little kids around. I was glad that she got everyone in line, and took her time to play games.



Chae and Misty's little girl, Megan. Those eyes are just so prominent in this family.



Thelma Joe's niece, Erin, and her husband, Brandon, live in Wyoming as well. They came by to see us. I enjoyed visiting with her on a more intimate basis than at a family reunion. I am constantly surprised and awed by the good that people are.



Granny is playing with Darlin.



Glenda Kae, and Nacona. Glenda Kae is diabetic, so she can't have any ice cream.



Here we are at the live-in trailer hanging out. The little boys are roping. Travis, Ace, and Jerry are taking it easy.



Will, Jerry, and Travis. "Looks so serious, guys. Come on smile."



At the rodeo, Denim found her first true love. It was so cute. She had a major crush and she acted TOTALLY different. She even brought him up to meet me. I am glad she is only 5 and not 16.



Here we are in the evening with Linda and Travis's family.



Tom and Jerry.



After the rodeo, Ace headed back to New Mexico with Will. I stayed for more fun. I went to church with Frank, Emily, and Linda. That Sunday the Foyer was our friend; as all of our kids at one point or the other needed to go out. It was awesome! High five for making it through church with kids. (If you have children you KNOW what I am talking about, if not....hmmmm....read this in a few years and make yourself feel good.)

After church I headed north to stop by Chae and Misty's place. We ate dinner at her parent's house, then we headed to their place. It was very pretty.

Here we are. Blazen, Denim, Caleb, Me, Megan, Ryan, Misty, Darlin, Chae, and Joseph.



It was interesting being on their ranch. They have had methan gas pumped, and I have never seen the set up before. Chae has some fresh ideas with ranching, I hope it all workes out for them.



I visited them until about 9:00 pm, then it was time for me to hit the road. The best time for me to drive is when Darlin is asleep because she HATES her car seat....who wouldn't, personally I don't like to be strapped down to a straight jacket either, but whatever. I expected to drive far, but I got tired quickly. I drove a ways into Montana and then found a safe spot to pull over. Now here is the totally exciting part........I lied down on a very very comfortable bed and slept like a baby in my little knomemobile ALL NIGHT LONG. he he he he. It was wonderful. Then we woke up and had cold cereal with fresh milk from the fridge and we were on our way. I took a few pictures going across Montana because it was so beautiful.



Ok, the sign was beautiful because it had my name on it.

Now for real.



All the way through Montana my kids were up top looking out the window. They were so sure that they were going to see a bear. Well tuff luck, we didn't see one, but the good thing is that it kept them entertained for a VERY long time. Actually they were looking for a Panda Bear. Do you suppose there is one of those in Montana? Just couldn't burst their bubble, they still think there has to be a Panda Bear in Montana.

I couldn't resist this picture. I worked on an old fashion hay crew in Montana when I was like 13 years old. We put up loose hay for Jim and Carrie Bignell, my dad's cousin. I have wonderful memories of those two summers. Now everyone has switched to round bales, but the smell is just the same.



The kids loved searching for trains.



We had to take a few breaks. One rest stop had a lot of grasshoppers.

The drive from Bozeman to West Yellowstone was the most beautiful. We loved the rivers running beside us. The kids wanted to swim. I just wanted the trip to be over at that point. We had to take a break in West Yellowstone because Darlin had had enough. We found this nice park and played for an hour.



Darlin really enjoyed the sand.




I mean REALLY.




We were all refreshed after the break and we were able to drive the last 2 hours of the journey on in to Rexburg to stay with Evan and JoAnn.

I had an awesome time in Wyoming and enjoyed all of the visiting. I love all of you crazy Wyoming people and hope to see you soon.

Travis-we will drag you down here to New Mexico some day, just you wait and see. Don't you know you can't fight the FORCE. (inside star wars thing)

4 comments:

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

Hey love all the picturs.

gnat said...

Hey Tim, A 5k is only 3.2 miles. not so bad anymore huh?!

Denisse said...

Tim, I was going to say the same thing...a 5k is 3.2 miles...I did one last year and it was a BLAST! I seriously LOVED it...and I am NOT a runner! You should definitely do one! (I need to call you and talk to you about it!) The one that I did was the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. I just checked and they have one coming up in October in Albuquerque...oh but I just realized it's on a Sunday! What a bummer!

Emily said...

LOVED all your pictures!!! We were so glad to have all of you guys up here to visit. It makes me realize we need to visit each other more often. And thanks for all the nice things you said about us!
I may have to steal some pics off your blog... can you believe I didn't even take any? Crazy I know. And by the way.... I can't get the guys to smile or pose for my pics either! :)
You should def. do a 5k. You could do it... piece of cake!