Sunday, July 18, 2010

Downtime

Getting home has been good for us. We were missing home and being with dad. We just need that man in our life. He makes such a difference. Sometimes I forget how important the role of a father is. It is just sooooooo important that kids have a dad. I can't believe the influence that Ace has. He changes and teaches and loves our children 100%. I have a good man.

Denim is taking pictures of herself. Those blue eyes; so curious. I didn't touch this picture up at all. I wanted the reality.



"Oh, that's better."



Darlin is playing with the kids. They thought she needed to dress up with them, so they put a scarf on her head. I don't think she is too pleased.



Blazen just LOVED being home. He is my home body. He went straight outside to the mud.



It takes a lot of work to play in the mud, didn't you know.



The tongue definitely helps the progress of the mud creation.



We started feeding Darlin rice cereal and banana baby food. Denim likes to help out. She does a good job, if I turn my eyes away at the mess.



I forgot to post a picture of THE GENERAL. Here he is. Desert Storm is broken, picture to be posted later. Ace bought these two army trucks in Phoenix to use on the ranch.



I wanted to get out of the house, so I put on my keens and went on a little hike/4 wheeler ride.



It has been raining; so beautiful and green. The smell is wonderful.







This is my favorite time of the year when it rains. I think it is the cows favorite time too. They look nice and fat.





There is just so much high desert color; splashes of orange, yellow, purple, white, cream, blue and more.



Denim went for a swim. Since we have been gone and haven't up kept the pool it was green.



Ace jumped in clothes and all to play with the kids. They thought it was FABULOUS. Then they chased me around the lawn, trying to get Darlin and I wet. Blazen told Dad to stop, and defended me. Denim told Dad to dunk me. Ace said, "Well, I guess we know who loves you."



These two weeks have been nice, but also very busy. The first week that I was home I went to Albuquerque three time. 1. dentist; cleaning for kids 2. dentist; fillings for kids 3. buying generators and taking ace to the airport. I am sick of that road!

Other events:

*Curtis Ramon got baptized. We went to Grants to the baptism. I took a roast and we ate at Ina May's house. Ace baptised him and it was special. I wish the best to Curtis.

*We branded at the old McPhaul.

*Nacona and Nalynn left for high school national finals rodeo and broke down half way there.

*Blaine came out and planted food plots for the elk.

Funnies:

*After we branded at the Old McPhaul, Denim, Ike and Blazen were trying to catch Prairie Dogs; baiting the holes with food. (It wasn't going to well) Denim came over to the table and asked if anyone had leftovers they could use, "you see, we are really trying to catch those Hairy Dogs."

*On one of our trips to Albuquerque the kids were watching The Sword and the Stone. After the movie Denim says, "Hey mom, I have the best name for a baby boy when we have one," "What's that, Denim?" Denim,"Arthur." I think my expression was not that of someone overly impressed with the idea because she quickly piped in, "O, I got it, how about Wart."

*We were having FHE and Ace was telling the kids that they had such a good mom. He was telling them all of the things that I do for them. "She is such a good mom because she does stuff like change Darlin's messy pants, and wipes butts, etc." Denim, "ya and she makes us be nice to each other." Ace was explaining that a good mom stays home and raises her children. Denim says, "Some moms have to go to work because the daddies are lazy butts and won't work hard like my dad." Ace said, "That's right Denim, and you need to marry someone who is not a lazy butt and will help you to stay home with your kids."

1 comment:

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

I miss you so much, I love you.