Today it snowed
The snow brought to our attention how much we appreciate a lovely warm fire. We love to sit by it, read by it, look at it, & drink hot chocolate by it.
It also gave the children the opportunity to remember that to every fruit there is a labor. Isn't life sooooooo very wonderful that way. By my kids faces you can tell that they think so.
| LumberJack Ace |
I read somewhere that children need to feel texture as part of their development, so today out came the rice. If you are not into messes I would highly NOT recommend this for you. That said, we had a wonderful time playing in rice. We then put food coloring and oil on it, then baked it to dry out. Tomorrow, I think, we are going to attempt to make a collage with it.
| And this is what happens when you forget about the rice in the oven. |
For the FHE activity Blazen wanted "The biggest bubble bath in the world." So we attempted to make that happen. We googled for awhile and this is what we came up with. Dish soap, water, and LOTS of mixing. (We were supposed to have jets, but since we don't have any the kids and I shoved our arms in and mixed like crazy.) I was pretty proud, the kids were in awe, and for the evening I was the best mom in the world. (Until a little later when Blazen got a spankin for being a major toot.) AHHHHH the life of mother.
Funny story: Ace told Blazen and Denim to pick up the living room. Blazen replied, "NO, Silly dad, that's what mom does, SHE's the cleaning lady." Then he marches into the kitchen (where, shocker, I am cleaning dinner up) and says,"Mom you need to come in here and clean up this mess."
Sierra is having a baby guessing contest........here are our guesses.
Denim:
Girl, born June 20th, 6 lbs, 17 inches, name...Rosetta.
Blazen:
Boy, born June 14th, 7lbs, 15 inches, name....Cowboy Hunt
Darlin:
Politely Declined to guess this time
Ace:
Boy, born June 21st, 6lbs, 19.8 inches, name......Dallis
Timber:
Girl, born June 18th, 6lbs 8 oz, 19.4 inches, name.....Arcadia





1 comment:
Best Story of Blazen ever!!
Post a Comment