Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Darlin's 1st Birthday



Darlin woke up a happy camper this morning. She was so dang cute, talking to me, and snuggling. The best was her rats nest in the back of her head. I laughed and then hugged her and sang her a quiet happy birthday.


When Denim and Blazen woke up, they crawled in bed too. They got excited because it was Darlin's birthday. They started singing. Darlin could tell that the kids were excited, so she started getting excited too.

Kisses for sissy.



Purple pancakes for Darlin.

Our lovely handy work.

Darlin really enjoyed the cake mix.

Darlin and Mom.

We had a little birthday dinner for Darlin. Denim and Blazen helped all day. They loved getting everything ready for the birthday girl. We decorated the house, wrapped gifts, made the cake, and made a yummy fruit plate and salsa and chips. Auntie and Tessa came over to spend the evening with us.


Denim told me, "Mom don't worry about me, I'm just the server, I like to serve." She has been playing "the server for a few days. She gets the tops off of plastic tubs and serves Blazen. She was absolutely ecstatic to be able to serve everyone. She got to cut the cake (into perfect pieces I might add, ha ha ha.), and serve Darlin 1st.


The birthday girl got the biggest piece and she got to dig in. No help at all. She was actually a little bit reserved at 1st.



Darlin got several really nice gifts from everyone. She loved the paper and twirling around after
each gift the most. She also received several phone calls with voices of "Happy Birthday" on the other end. With each phone call, I put it on speaker phone and told her it was for her. She would just beam and then grab the phone, hold it to her chest, then look at it and kiss it. It was so cute. She knew she was the special girl today.


Homemade sweater from grandma.

We put up a little pinata for Darlin. Denim and Blazen were very excited about that one. Once the candy came out Darlin ran for it. She is no dummy, that girl knows what candy is.


When I was in town I was sure that I had a package of balloons at the house, so I didn't buy any. Sure enough I did have a package of WATER balloons. The kids and I got creative because we just felt that Darlin had to have balloons on her birthday. We filled them up and put them in the sink. Then after all the fun, we put Darlin in the warm sink and let her play with her birthday water balloons. She loved it. We got really silly and did some BIG ones and tiny ones. The big balloon we named "Big Goliath" and the little one we named "pip squeak."


It was sooooooo cold today. It didn't get over 5 degrees. As Darlin was taking a sink bath I had Ace take this picture of our ice covered windows. Good thing for a nice warm fire.

Happy Birthday to my baby. I can't believe you are already 1 yr old.
I love you Darlin.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Birthday Darlin! Wow, she already looks so grown up! Cute pics.

Denisse said...

Oh my heavens! She's one already! Looks like she had a very happy birthday.