Friday, February 4, 2011

El Paso

We took a quick trip to El Paso to take a pony back that didn't work for us. While we were there we stopped at two boot shops to pick up boots for the kids. We had a great time looking at the bazillion different kinds of boots, hats, and western apparel. We got a bit silly trying on boots. We even had to go and pick our favorites.

Our favorite picks.

I was just shocked out how big these warehouses were. Rows and rows of boots. This is only about 1/3 of the factory.

Blazen enjoying sliding without boot on.
2 purchases. Pink hat and bullrider.

I had a really great time finding these oh so in fashion pants. I used to think I was so cool wearing these type of pants. It's funny how fashion changes. I loved going through the racks and finding any color of the rainbow. Gold, silver, red, green, leather, whatever. I could have posted a million pictures. I got a little carried away with finding funky pants.


It is serious business when Ace uses the steamer to crease a hat. He is creasing Denim's new pink hat.


There were inexpensive hats and ones like these. Needless to say, we did not buy this one.

Can you see me? Ace, or the kids?

At the end of the day we went swimming with dad in the room. Definitely the highlight of our day.

Denim gets lots of little girls watching the "real" mermaid" when she puts on the tail.
Our little mermaid.

Blazen is really swimming well with his floaties ALL BY HIMSELF!


Other events:

Sometimes my children teach me.......
This week our friend Mary came out. The weather was cold and her body was very achy because she has lupus. She sat on the couch and rested. I was busy finishing projects, so didn't pay to much attention. Denim came in the bedroom and got Darlin's lotion. I almost got her in trouble because I didn't want her taking the lotion and playing with it. "Denim, what are you doing with that lotion?" I asked. "I am just using it for Mary mom." I stopped, "OK." Now I was interested. I quietly followed her and found that my children were giving Mary hand rubs. They had noticed that she was in pain and had asked her what was wrong. After finding out that her hands and feet hurt, they proceeded to rub her hands and feet and legs with lotion. I was very touched. It should have been me giving the compassion, but it was my 5 and 3 yr old who taught me this week.



Ace spent an hour this week helping me school the kids. It was so cool to see. We have different teaching styles and it was fun to see him teach the children. He helped them with math and time.


2 comments:

Denisse said...

Wow! Rows and rows of boots!!!! That's amazing! Now we need to see some pictures of the new boots and you have to show off your booty in one of those funky pants!!! Come on!!!:) Did you get any?

Glad you guys have been enjoying fun times as a family. Denim's mermaid tail cracks me up! I bet she had the time of her life swimming in the pool with it!

Emily said...

Love this post! Loved the other girls being jealous of the mermaid tail. Loved that they rubbed lotion on your friend's hand.... so cute. Love seeing a Daddy help teach his kids.
And I think my in-laws would be ashamed that I don't know a THING about cowboy hats or boots! One time I moved Tom Sr.'s cowboy hat and my Tom aka FRANK was like,"You don't lay it down like that!" LOL I had no idea!