| Church time. |
After church we went over to Grannies house and visited and watched the Superbowl. It was fun to be together. Denim and Blazen were in heaven as Ike was there. (They even had a slumber party that night.) Darlin had some fun with Tessa riding the horse.
Chris and Ace were very into the game. I must admit that I love the Superbowl for the visiting more than the game watching.....shocker.....I know......just don't tell ok.
Tessa and Darlin had their first bath together. It was very cute. Darlin got jealous of Tessa's little bath and had to crawl in. It was all great fun until Darlin wanted the bath to herself and pinched Tessa's little tummy to try and get her out. Poor Tessa......the things the youngest has to put up with are just so sad.
This week we took a quick trip to Phoenix. We went to see our Branch President, Brother Hobbs. He is fighting cancer and has been down. It was good to see he and his wife Carolyn. They are fighting so much right now. My heart really goes out to them. Ace gave them both blessings and we visited for a while.
We were also able to stay with and visit good friends of our, the Austin Family. They built a home and it is very neat. All antique old western decorations. Ace, joking with Marva, said, "Hey Marva, there is a lot of old stuff in here." She smiled and nodded. Then he said, "It's a shame you can't get something new." Denim loved the girls walk in shower and was dying to take a shower. They let her, of course. She was laughing and giddy in the shower and told Madi, "We're country." Blazen loved snuggling in bed with Macklee and watching cartoons.
| Madi, Blazen, Denim, Macklee. |
Nelda and Jerry were at the Austin's house too. Marva and Nelda are good friends. I just loved this picture because Nelda Rae is so humorous at times.
| Marva & Nelda. |
Wallis came down also to rope. Daren built a really neat barn and stalls outside. One side of the barn rotates so the saddles are able to be rotated around when you are saddling your horse. I thought it was a great idea.
![]() |
| Wallis & Daren. |
I loved all of the decoration in Marva's house. She has a really neat bed that is made of old wood. She also has a cowhide set in her tile floor. These two items were my favorites. This old little painted dresser, and red leather chair with goat hide on the back.
This week we went out and broke ice for Ace because he had to ship cattle one day. The ice at Z-slash was so thick that I couldn't break through. Everywhere else it was ok. It was fun to be about the ranch and get some fresh air.
| photograph by Denim McPhaul. |
Darlin did not enjoy this tank as she wanted me to hold her. 1 very unhappy child and 2 happy ones.
At several of the tanks there are little frozen ponds. The kids had a blast ice skating. Some of the ponds were very slippery, so they had to be careful.
Here they are trying their hand at figure skating. They saw figure skating on Denim's barbie pegasus movie and ever since Denim has wanted to "dance on ice."
We had a few nasty falls, but it was so fun that it didn't stop them. Blazen figured out a really cool trick.....he figured out how to get his hands CLEAN and warm after a fall. "You just put some dirt on them and rub real fast, WALA!"
| Mother #2. |
I think that this face looks like complete and utter joy. I love when I can see this look in my children.
After a few falls Blazen decided to act like a penguin and take itty bitty steps. "See mom, watch, I am a penguin." If he started going faster, Denim would remind him, "Blazen, be a penguin."
Darlin has lot's of teeth now, and I just love it when she curls her lips up. This is the Darlin smile.
I got some good pictures while we were out on the ranch. I am playing a bit with editing as well.
One event that warmed my heart:
I was going crazy one day trying to get the house cleaned and having to stop and start and stop and start. It just drives me crazy when I know if I had an hour I could just get it done. So the impatient mom in me kicked the kids out of the house for 30 min......Darlin included. Denim was very excited to play the role of big sis and play with Darlin. I thought it might last about 5 min, but nope. Denim was sooooo patient and helpful. She took Darlin's little hand and walked all over the yard. She went wherever Darlin wanted. She even took her to the tree swings. She helped her every time she fell and stayed right with her. I didn't get half of what I wanted done because I kept trying to snap sneaky pictures from the windows and watch my children love each other. Denim just LOVES having a little sister.
We went to the Quemado vs. Cliff basketball game in Quemado. It was so fun to see our good friends, the Brutons. Bo and Autumns oldest daughter, Aspen, is playing Varsity for Cliff.
![]() |
| Autumn & Mesa Tess. |
| Ace & Bo with their little girls. |
| Autumns parents, Byrd & Edwin Bradberry's. |
Denim and Blazen had lots of friends. The Chavez's and the Creley's came. Silly kids.
| Brandi Lynn, Blazen, Denim, Levi. (Chavez kids) |
![]() |
| Kasara, Krystle & Cooper Creley. |
These girls were so funny. Quemado doesn't have cheerleaders, but Cliff does, so they decided they needed to do their part. Up went the poms and Denim bossed the other girls around doing very LOUD cheers. GO EAGLES GO! for like 10 min. Then QHS! Then GO, FIGHT, WIN, TONIGHT! Ok, so I am wiping my eyes I am so proud. I have to admit I helped them JUST A LITTLE!
| Brandi Lynn Chavez, Karli Harriet, Denim, Kasara Creeley. |
| Cindy Chavez with Darlin. |
This was the 1st game we have been to all year, so it was fun to see some of the community members as well.
![]() |
| Chisum & Ruth Ann Harriet |
You can't have that much fun without a catastrophe right. Blazen fell and beat his chin up on the bleachers. His dad took good care of him and Auntie got him a band aide. It was 10 times worse when he saw it in the mirror.
Before the game we went and ate at the Largo. Chasse Angelise was waiting and helped Denim and Blazen call Marlena to come see us. She came over with wet hair. We then went to her apartment and got to visit her for awhile. She is so awesome. We just need to find a good man for her. Let me know if you have one.......blind date!!!!
Funny story:
Blazen was talking to me in the bathroom and I had just shut off the tap. It kept dripping a few drops. Blazen stopped mid sentence and said, "Mom, the sink is crying tears."












1 comment:
I love all your updates Timber! And I totally agree about Marlena....she deserves the best! Nice pics too.
Stephanie Green :)
Post a Comment