Saturday, May 7, 2011

Denim's School Week

This week Denim got to do something super special.

She got to go to Quemado School for a whole week.  She was very excited.  I sent her because they were taking their testing and Ace and I wanted to see how she would do with all the other kids.  There is a huge class for Quemado in her grade; 15 kids.  The kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Mickey, was very kind and incorporated Denim right in.  Denim absolutely LOVED being with the kids and LOVED recess and P.E.  She came home the first day with the word "totally."  Everything was "totally" cool, "totally" fun, you get the picture.  I wasn't totally excited over that, but laughed anyway.  I think it was a great experience for her.  Ace explained to her how she needed to be respectful and that getting to go to school was a privilege.  Her teacher said she did very well.



Denim ended up placing above proficiency in both language arts and math.  She did surprise me though as she placed higher in math than in reading and that was where I thought she struggled.  I guess it is back to the reading books.

Thank you to Mrs. Mickey and Quemado school for letting Denim come and enjoy herself for the week.

1 comment:

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

Please tell me you let her ride the bus and more than once. WAY to go Denim we love you.