Thursday, May 20, 2010

blessing

Friday was the day that we had scheduled to brand. Some of my family came in, in the wee hours of the morning on Friday. Mom, Dad, Syringa, and McCarty. Trujillo, Charlotte, and their kids. We woke up to a wet snow. Ace, after debating awhile, decided to postpone the branding. The wet is miserable to work the calves in, but the main reason we decided not to brand is because if their hair gets wet, you won't get a good clean hot brand. Anyhow we weren't too disappointed because it gave us girls a little time to visit and Ace had all the help to sort and prepare.

Abraham gets up very early in the morning. Trujillo was up with him and decided to tease Ace a bit. He came and crawled in bed with us, "Man, Ace, this bed is soooo comfy." Pretty much the rest of my family came and crawled in too. Ace looked around at everyone in his bed, covered his head with the covers and groaned, "I knew when I married Timber it meant marrying the family, but I didn't know THIS is how far it would go."



We relaxed by the fire a lot of the day. McCarty is taking her turn with Darlin. We finally got antsy in the house and had to go outside.



Charlotte, and Nathan.



Me, and Angela. We had some good times.



We talked to Sierra on the phone, "Well, Timber, I guess you know that we are not making it down there." I said, "I, know, sis, we all miss you a ton and wish you were here though."

Friday evening we all got dressed up and went in to the Pie Town Branch to bless Darlin. This Sunday was our Stake conference, so we got permission to do Darlin's blessing on Friday with all of the family and friends. Darlin was adorable. It was a very sweet event. We asked all of the priesthood holders to come stand in the circle. There was a big circle of worthy strong men who stood in and Ace gave her a beautiful blessing. It was special to feel the strength and know that my little girl was able to have such a privilege. McCarty sang a song and Nelda and Tawana made dessert.



Ace, Darlin, Me. We look a bit tired from the work.



Darlin and Mom.



"Congratulations Darlin, I love you," says Denim.



Don and Carolyn Hobbs drove about 50 miles to come to the blessing. It was special that they came. I love them a ton. What good friends I have here.



The Willis Family came to the blessing as well. It was neat to have Dale there. John and Angela were very sweet with Darlin. It is there turn next.



Trujillo with Blazen. One is a big faker and one is real. Can you guess?



L to R. The Amy family. Syringa, Blazen, me, Darlin, Ace, McCarty, Trujillo, Mom, Dad, Charlotte, Nathan. Bottom. Denim, Abraham, Ralayna, Ike.



L to R. The McPhaul Family. Me, Darlin, Ace, Blazen, Tawana, Ike, Denim, Papa, Granny.



Marlena came too. I just love Marlena.



Carolee is the best primary leader ever. My kids just love her. She and Billy, our Branch president, came.



Today was wonderful. I felt lots of support and love for my little girl. Couldn't be happier!

No comments: