LET'S BRAND BOYS!
OLD COWBOYS NEVER DIE!

Dale Willis Sr.
Dale Willis Sr. branding.

All the cowboys ready and waiting for the action. "Bring in the next one."

Calvin Amy getting ready to brand.

Run, Nate, Run. Help the boys out a bit.

Trujillo Amy got the job of cutting the calves.

Dale Willis putting a loop on one leg.

"Drag that calf in Dale." Dale is our#1 roper. He is pretty good! I think he really enjoys it too.

I liked this picture because it shows the intensity of the moment. If you are not paying attention, well even if you are, you can easily get run over. Pay attention and get the job done.

Ok, so do I not have the sexiest husband in the world!! Don't argue, you know that I do. He is seriously like The Man from Snowy River here.

Phil and Dallin are posing for the picture. Two lovely gents.

Well since I am taking this picture I kinda cut myself out, but I really wanted one of Ace and I. Darlin and I did wonders running around like crazy in the branding pen taking pictures. The Moby saved the day.

Marlena, Angela, Charlotte, Nathan, and Abe watching the action from the tailgate.

Tammy enjoyed watching from the fence. She rode in the morning and helped bring in the cattle.

Buster Green taking his job serious.

The kids loved eating the "Oh so sanitary," salt blocks. Yumm!

McCarty has been learning a lot in FFA and wanted to try her hand and cutting. Here she goes. She actually did a good job. You can't just cut, or the calf will bleed to death. You have to pull, then scrape your knife back and forth, back and forth. It really is touchy business. It is the part of the branding that Ace monitors the most and is concerned about the most. It has to be done just so.

Papa branding. We had to set of crews, thus two branders going at the same time. It went fairly fast.

Dad getting a turn to rope.

OK. So this was definitely the funnest part of the branding. The little boys. They were hilarious. They wanted to ride the calves, and boy o boy, did they ever ride. The men were very patient to let them ride so many.
This was so funny. After one boy would get off, the other boys would pump him up. "Way to go man, you rode that bull so good, good job man." High fives and more riding.

Abrahm, Blazen, Ike.
Abraham.

Ike Cutter Cline. Dallin was a big trooper. He put those boys on over and over and over.


Dallin tripped several times. He was keeping those boys safe, no matter what it took. He will make a great dad someday.

Blazen Trails.

The girls were all diva, even at the branding. Ralayna, and Denim.

Charlotte is throwing a little diva too.

Me and Darlin.

After all the work was done I had a hot meal and hot chocolate ready. I think the warm house and warm bellies did a great deal for everyone. We sat around the big table and joked and laughed and told stories. I was glad for all of the woman's help. You can get so much done if you all work together. We stayed up late watching funny you tube videos on the big screen, playing games, and eating.

Daddies hands-strong yet gentle.

Grandpa Calvin with Darlin Dawn.
OLD COWBOYS NEVER DIE!
Dale Willis Sr.
Dale Willis Sr. branding.
All the cowboys ready and waiting for the action. "Bring in the next one."
Calvin Amy getting ready to brand.
Run, Nate, Run. Help the boys out a bit.
Trujillo Amy got the job of cutting the calves.
Dale Willis putting a loop on one leg.
"Drag that calf in Dale." Dale is our#1 roper. He is pretty good! I think he really enjoys it too.
I liked this picture because it shows the intensity of the moment. If you are not paying attention, well even if you are, you can easily get run over. Pay attention and get the job done.
Ok, so do I not have the sexiest husband in the world!! Don't argue, you know that I do. He is seriously like The Man from Snowy River here.
Phil and Dallin are posing for the picture. Two lovely gents.
Well since I am taking this picture I kinda cut myself out, but I really wanted one of Ace and I. Darlin and I did wonders running around like crazy in the branding pen taking pictures. The Moby saved the day.
Marlena, Angela, Charlotte, Nathan, and Abe watching the action from the tailgate.
Tammy enjoyed watching from the fence. She rode in the morning and helped bring in the cattle.
Buster Green taking his job serious.
The kids loved eating the "Oh so sanitary," salt blocks. Yumm!
McCarty has been learning a lot in FFA and wanted to try her hand and cutting. Here she goes. She actually did a good job. You can't just cut, or the calf will bleed to death. You have to pull, then scrape your knife back and forth, back and forth. It really is touchy business. It is the part of the branding that Ace monitors the most and is concerned about the most. It has to be done just so.
Papa branding. We had to set of crews, thus two branders going at the same time. It went fairly fast.
Dad getting a turn to rope.
OK. So this was definitely the funnest part of the branding. The little boys. They were hilarious. They wanted to ride the calves, and boy o boy, did they ever ride. The men were very patient to let them ride so many.
This was so funny. After one boy would get off, the other boys would pump him up. "Way to go man, you rode that bull so good, good job man." High fives and more riding.
Abrahm, Blazen, Ike.
Abraham.
Ike Cutter Cline. Dallin was a big trooper. He put those boys on over and over and over.
Dallin tripped several times. He was keeping those boys safe, no matter what it took. He will make a great dad someday.
Blazen Trails.
The girls were all diva, even at the branding. Ralayna, and Denim.
Charlotte is throwing a little diva too.
Me and Darlin.
After all the work was done I had a hot meal and hot chocolate ready. I think the warm house and warm bellies did a great deal for everyone. We sat around the big table and joked and laughed and told stories. I was glad for all of the woman's help. You can get so much done if you all work together. We stayed up late watching funny you tube videos on the big screen, playing games, and eating.
Daddies hands-strong yet gentle.
Grandpa Calvin with Darlin Dawn.




No comments:
Post a Comment