Wednesday, May 26, 2010

MAY I please blog.

Well I have gotten behind on my blog, which really irritates me because I do so much enjoy to brag about my life. However, I have decided to do just one blog on the majority of May to get caught up. Sorry folks, it is sad, I know. I will do my best. So...

MAY I please blog now?

Yes, You may.

My sweet boy just loves to be outside and work with his dad. We had a lot of work to do this past couple of weeks too. We helped Ace move the cows out all over the ranch. Nelda came and watched Darlin in the truck for a few days so that I could ride with the kids.


Blazen Trails McPhaul.

Best Dad in the world.



The kids had a fun time going to Grannies house. Her cat had baby kitties. They are in the barn, so the kids are there constantly playing there. Blazen really enjoyed the new load of hay cubes that was brought in. This is where Jerry and Nelda keep their hay cubes. It is a fun play land-other than the allergies afterward.





Darlin Dawn really is getting alert and strong. She is so fun and beautiful. I am enjoying her thoroughly. She has gotten soooo big. I am only buying her 6-9 month clothes. I skipped the 3-6 month size completely.



The Amy Family all went home on Sunday after the branding. Dad called me that night and said he was heading back my way. Turns out, he had to drive back to Texas to pick up some bulls. So, Monday night my dad was back at my house. He had quite the story to tell after his few days in Texas. The guy that they were supposed to pick the bulls up from, did not even have them there. He was crazy!! He was basically starving all of his animals. At one time he had the top bulls in the PBR. Dad said that it was sooooo bad, it made him sick. One cow had just had a calf and she was so weak that she couldn't even get up. The other animals were starved and weak. Even the top A team bulls looked like little roping steers. This guy had been kicked out of the PBR because of animal abuse. One of his bulls died right after he was ridden in the PBR . They made him have an autopsy on the bull. The animal had not had water or food for 3+ days. Dad loaded up his #1 bull along with some good clones and headed home. He wished he could have taken them all. Here is where there is a need for animal activist! When Dad got to my house he had brought the kids a special treat. Their own little bag of Cracker Jack's.



For Mother's Day all that my mom asked for was a hand written letter from each of her children. In the letter we needed to have boughten a food storage item for our families and then tell her what it was that we bought. Needless to say she only had one faithful daughter, Syringa. Trujillo finished his just in time to hand deliver it, I faxed mine, Sierra e-mailed her's, McCarty hand delivered her's after being threated the day of, and Evan e-mailed his after a phone call from me. Thank heavens for modern forms of communication. She laughed and told me that next year she is DEMANDING gift. Smart woman!

Ace got me a new dishwasher that actually works. I must say that I am thrilled. It was a duo gift for our anniversary as well.

For Nelda Rae we had an interesting gift. I know for a fact that we shocked her completely. I don't know if she was too thrilled at the moment or not.











We knocked out her wall between her kitchen and living room. It was a beast of a job. It took us all day. Then Ace and I stayed up until 5:00am. Then the next day for 5 hours after church. Nelda has been talking about tearing the wall out and having one big room for YEARS. She also needs a new kitchen BAD! So Ace, Nacona, and Tawana decided to just get it done. Out goes the wall. Now it is no more talk. Action baby action. New kitchen here we come. When Nelda walked in all she could say was, "Oh my, Oh my my." We thought Jerry was going to be VERY mad; I was scared. He took it really well though. He actually likes it open.

Denim was trying to doll the kitties up with a little fragrance and fingernail polish. Poor things. Thank the Lord that the mommy took it back. We had to have a little talk about that one.



May 10th. Our anniversary. We have been married 8 yrs. I can't believe it. We went out and ate at the Largo.



We got a new little contraption for Darlin this month. This little seat is called a Bumbo. She can sit really well in it.




Other events:

*I went to Albuquerque this month and did all of the summer shopping. I was on a strict budget and I did pretty good. I got some really cute things. Nacona watched Denim and Blazen for me so that I could get all of my stuff done. I went tanning while I was there, which I never do. I am trying to not be entirely white because I have my 10 yr class reunion in June. I told Ace, "Well, if I am 15 lbs overweight, I at least want to be tan."

*We had a scare with Denim. She woke up at 3:00am and came into our room. "Mom, my throat really hurts, I swallowed a penny." That woke me right up. "You did what?" Crying Denim said, "I found a penny in my bed, I put it in my mouth, and I accidentally swallowed it. It is in my throat and I can't breath and it REALLY hurts." Ace and I started freaking out. "Ok, stay calm, just don't move." We met Nelda Rae in Pie town and gave her Blazen, then we headed to Socorro to the ER. I was holding Denim the whole way just thinking, "The penny could flip, and she could suffocate right in front of me." I was praying the whole way just trying not to cry. Before we got there she said that it didn't hurt anymore. We figured the penny had gone down. When we got to Socorro they did X-rays. They doctor came in and told Denim, "There was no penny anywhere." Denim shrugged her shoulders and said, "Well, maybe I just dreamed that I swallowed a penny." To be honest I was just so grateful that there was no penny that I didn't even care. We took her and got her pancakes at McDonalds, then home. I was so tired on the way home that I had to unroll the window and stick my head out. Later Denim told someone, "I really liked taking those X-rays, that was fun. I liked seeing my bones."

*We went to the elementary school track meet in Quemado. Ike came with us. They let the kids do the long jump with the kindergartners and run. We had a picnic with Auntie and the Datil teachers. Blazen was done eating and he asked if he could go play on the bleachers. I said Yes. I few minutes later I heard one of the teachers gasp, then laugh. I looked over. Blazen was at the top of the bleachers, pants down, peeing a large rainbow off. I was sooo embarrassed. I ran over there. He was so proud of himself I couldn't help but smile. "Mom, I's peeing a big wong wainbow." "Good job bud," I said. Nicole Sanders (teacher) said, "Yep, that's a McPhaul."

Ike wanted so badly to long jump. I went over and stood in line with him, then ran and jumped with him. He gets ultra nervous with people looking at him. As we were jumping, he got very mad at me. "I didn't want to do it, I didn't want to do it." I told him, "You don't have to do it if you don't want to."

*We were able to spend two fun long evenings with some good friends of ours, Walker and Leena. We went over to Walker's mom's house, Nita, the first time. I was able to visit Walker's sister Autumn as well. We had such a nice visit. The kids loved their indoor hammock. Nita helps out all of the continental divide hikers. The second time they came here. Leena is from Sweden, she is working on her post doc degree. Walker and Leena have a little baby named Nalani. She is such a doll. I just loved visiting Leena. I hope that we can spend more time together when they come to the states again. (They live part time in Sweden and part time in the states). They have been traveling in a van all over for 5 months. I just find them so interesting to be around. I consider them my dear friends. I am so sad that I do not have a picture.....I forgot my camera the first time, the second it was out of battery. Hopefully they will be back for the Pie Festival in September. Buster Green came over and the boys all played Zarahemla. As Leena was leaving she joked with Walker, "Walker just do me one favor if you are going to stay up all night, Ok." "What?" Leena,"At least WIN!!" Funny enough, he did whip some booty and put Buster and Ace to shame.

*My children got majorly sick and threw up for about 8 hrs. I think it was food poisoning from Costco hotdogs because Ike threw up at the same time. NOT FUN!! I missed the Hila Valley Temple Dedication because I was cleaning up nasty business and taking care of Denim and Blazen. Ace said it was very good. Buster and I had a nice visit. (He had stayed over to watch my kids so that I could go, but that didn't happen.)

*My sister Sierra closed on a house in Idaho, which they are very excited about. They paid a little over $30,000 for it. There payments will be way less than rent. It is a major fixer upper and small, but has lots of potential and a big yard. They stayed within their means. They are working soooooo hard on it. Pretty much gutting it completely. They are taking all the flooring out, walls out, new pluming, new cabinets, new ceiling, new drywall. Lots and lots of work. Right now she and Preston are living in a fifth wheel and working on the house. I am sooooo proud of them. Mom went and helped and said that the people who lived there before where soooooooooooooooooooooooo dirty. They have been shoveling cat crap for weeks. Evan and JoAnn have been supporting, as well as the Kelly family. I am glad Sierra is not prideful and willing to work hard for something of her own.

Well that pretty much sums up a lot of things that happened this month. I know that I missed a lot too, but at least I am caught up!!!
Lots of Love, ME




2 comments:

Denisse said...

I read Denim's story about swallowing the penny with Scott and we were both laughing our heads off!!!! we seriously could NOT stop laughing!!!! What a silly girl! Thank goodness she was alright!

I'm counting down the days until we get to see you guys! Can't hardly wait!

Dayna said...

Hello! I know you don't know me, but Ace will remember me (my last name was Hubbell way back then)...we went to school together. I enjoyed reading your blog.