Friday, June 18, 2010

Class Reunion

June 11-12th:

I was able to go to my 10 year class reunion in Vale, Oregon. It was so fun to get to see everyone. I was very impressed with the turn out and I thought that Sarah Arritola did a wonderful job of organizing and contacting people. There were a few people missing, but the majority of the classmates were there. I just loved recalling old memories and meeting spouses. I brought my classmate hand print quilt. I had to add a few hands and hopefully at our 20 yr it will be complete.



I was able to stop by and see some good family friends of mine, the Carpenters. Ben, Kerri, and Susie.



We also went and visited the Johnson family. I just wish we had had more time, but it was great to be in there home for the short time we were there.

Trujillo and I were able to stay with the Saunders family. It was just wonderful. Sue really took out the red carpet for us. She cooked up a storm of the most yummy foods. My favorite was the breakfast doughnuts that she is cutting out here. They have 13 kids and all of them are awesome. Ace had never met such a big family, and he was highly impressed. He bragged about meeting the most amazing family for weeks afterward. I am very grateful to Brenda's sisters who babysat my kids, they are the best. I am also grateful to the whole family for giving up their beds and sleeping on the floor and couches. We had some fun times, great conversations, and very wise advise.



Brenda and I. She is a doll. We were best friends in high school and then we went to BYUI together. She knows my whole story. We hadn't seen each other in years, yet nothing had changed, except she is ever more beautiful. She is the biggest farm girl and guess where she lives........on Wall Street in New York City. She is an accountant and she is single. Call me for her number.



Friday night all of the classmates and their spouses met and ate dinner in Willow Creek. It was awesome to see each other. Ace cracked me up. He is so friendly and outgoing. He would walk around and ask,"Are you Timber's classmate?" "What did you do in high school?" He asked one classmate, Diana, "Did you dance with Timber?" She thought he asked if she wanted to dance with me. She was confused and said, "Well I haven't danced with her yet, I guess I could."








\




Kirk Maag and Ace had fun talking. I told him to call once a week and have a political conversation with my husband. He is also single. I'll hook you up, he's a cutie.



Ali and Lacy. We had such fun memories. Ali and I were night owls. Lacy always fell asleep 1st. One time in Junior High we froze her bra in the freezer. Now they are all grown up and mommies.







We were all hiding in this booth, nursing. We called it the nursing table.



Holly Child Stepleton and I. We danced all four years together. She is the same, but a very sweet mother of 3 now. She married her high school sweetheart and our classmate Wayne. They are happy as ever. She is a dear friend.



Mr. Eyler decided to join the nursing table. He taught a very fun history class.



Saturday was the family day. They rented this bounce house for the kids. Adam and Jennifer Tolman barbecued for us. Adam has his own terriaky sauces. They are yummy.



GOOD JOB SARAH! Thanks for all the work. I had a wonderful time.



Chillin on the grass. Gary, Matt, Eric, and Jasin. I tripped as I was taking this picture. I said, "We just stay the same, I'm still a cluts." They laughed in agreement.



Linda McElroy stopped by. My senior year, I dated Gary McElroy. We have some wonderful memories. I was good friends with his mom, Linda. Gary called her and she brought in and gave me the dress that I wore to my senior Prom; A 70's outfit that was hers. It meant a lot to me.



Ryan was one of my best guy friends in High School. We just had fun and did stupid stuff together. I think he always understood me. He threw a big swim party for Trujillo and I on our 18th birthday. We went together to my senior homecoming dance.



There are just too many memories to write all of them, but I did have a wonderful High School experience with amazing class-mates.

To Brenda, Amber, Karli, and Mandy. I found the picture at my mom's house. I REMEMBER!! I made you guys do that and it was HILARIOUS! I almost posted the picture, but then realized that my children need me alive at this point in my life. HA HA!

To Angela. Do you remeber the seminary video with Poopsi the dog. You crack me up.

To Courtney. Thanks for coming. I am so glad that I got to see you.

To Ali and Lacy. Long live the dog sled video.

To Ron and Andy. Navy Seals baby.

To all those classmates that couldn't or wouldn't come (you know who you are), I missed you terribly and wished I could have seen you. Andy, Dan, Nicky, Lacey, Ethan, Stephen, Dennis, Veronica, Shelby and all others.

On Sunday we went to our old ward. The thing that I thought was hilarious was that people still sit in the same area as before. I knew right where to look to find the different families. All of the people made such a good influence on my youth, it felt like coming home.


On our way home we stopped and saw Kevin and Crystal. Crystal and I were roommates in college. Kevin came off of his mission and swept her off of her feet. ha ha. She fell in love at first sight. They have 5 adorable children.



This one is hilarious. The world turn for her.



Crystal and I . She is such an example to me. She is a great mom and wife, and she deals with her trials like a simple grain of salt. I am going to be more like her. I just love Crystal and her laugh is addicting.



It was a long long long trip, but it was worth it.

3 comments:

Brenda said...

The reunion was great and I'm so happy you came!!!! It was awesome to see so many of our old friends. Reminded me of many good times we had in the past. And you are so lucky that you decided NOT to post that photo!

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

On all the pic. we needed names.
It made me fell so little to see everytong.

gnat said...

Tim you miscounted.... it's 13 kids not 12:) So happy that you and your family could have such a great time. I know Brenda was especially happy that you made it. I'm sure that my mom loved to cook for you guys!