Take a walk with me...
Back in time...
To a wonderful place...
That holds some wonderful moments...
Down my own memory lane.


My family moved to Vale, Oregon when I was 13 years old. I started the 7th grade, Junior High School there. We lived in Vale until I graduated and went to college. Since my parents moved to Southern Utah the summer following my graduation, I haven't been back in nearly 9 years. I had the opportunity to take my family back and let them experience a little bit of my life. It was very wonderful.
Trujillo and his family went with my family through our old house. The family who owns it now was kind enough to allow us to have a walk through. They were so very gracious. It used to be blue, new white siding has been put on. The trees are HUGE. They used to be only about 2 stories.

Our pasture. Dad put in these sprinklers to have grass for Shalena, my mare, and some sheep and a cow.

There are two sheds because one day I was playing with my sisters, house, and I left a candle burning inside. I burnt the whole insides. From then on we used the left burnt one as a milking barn and dad bought a new saddle shed.

Dad made the hitching rails, they still look exactly the same.

They new family has improved a lot of things. The front walk used to be a straight cement walk. They put in a new door.

I remember walking through this front entrance and jumping up the stairs, "Mom, I'm home." Trujillo used to slide down the railing, and on the right wall we had rodeo pictures of us kids.

The living room. It used to be all carpet. New windows have been added and all the dark panel has been removed.

This is the kitchen area. It is still pretty much the same. A few decorations have been added, but for the most part walking in the kitchen felt like coming home.


The owner told us she had something we might like to see. She took us to mom and dad's old room and opened the old doors. On the door, just before Trujillo's mission we had all stood and marked our height on that door. The marks and names are still there.

McCarty's name was to my waist.

I haven't grown an inch since I was 19, but Trujillo had.

I got behind the crowd. When I walked into the upstairs bathroom, I became very overwhelmed by the presence of my grandmother who died of cancer in our home my Junior Year. I remember taking care of her. Up to this point, Darlin had been a tad fussy. When we walked into the bathroom she stopped. I didn't realize it until I looked at the pictures, but she is smiling. I wonder if she is smiling at Grandma.

Syringa's and my room. My closet was the left one. Our room was always spotless unless Syringa didn't clean her part. Ha Ha!

Trujillo's room. Sierra and McCarty often slept in Heo's room. I remember the drum set in the corner.

Our pantry. The square little door dad jigsawed out to be able to load food storage from the garage.

The deck hadn't changed at all. It was still the old stain. I wanted to leap and dance on it like old times. I did contain myself though. The owner told us that she had heard countless stories of my younger sisters jumping off onto the trampoline. Man I can't believe someone didn't break a leg. It seemed a lot higher than before.

The good old silage pile next door. The wonderful aroma brought back more fabulous memories-that one I didn't mind forgetting.

Mrs Albert, Trujllo, Me, and Darlin.

I must say that our spouses were real troopers, following us into our memories. Charlotte and Heo.

Darlin, Me, Ace, Denim and Blazen by the front door. Yes, I was cheesy and dressed us all in yellow. Ace refused, but he was wearing a shirt with a few (nearly non-existent) yellow stripes in it.

I also took my family on a tour of Vale. I took them to the football field. VIKING PRIDE!! I took them to the schools, church, and down streets. I even took my kids inside the swimming pool.
Back in time...
To a wonderful place...
That holds some wonderful moments...
Down my own memory lane.
My family moved to Vale, Oregon when I was 13 years old. I started the 7th grade, Junior High School there. We lived in Vale until I graduated and went to college. Since my parents moved to Southern Utah the summer following my graduation, I haven't been back in nearly 9 years. I had the opportunity to take my family back and let them experience a little bit of my life. It was very wonderful.
Trujillo and his family went with my family through our old house. The family who owns it now was kind enough to allow us to have a walk through. They were so very gracious. It used to be blue, new white siding has been put on. The trees are HUGE. They used to be only about 2 stories.
Our pasture. Dad put in these sprinklers to have grass for Shalena, my mare, and some sheep and a cow.
There are two sheds because one day I was playing with my sisters, house, and I left a candle burning inside. I burnt the whole insides. From then on we used the left burnt one as a milking barn and dad bought a new saddle shed.
Dad made the hitching rails, they still look exactly the same.
They new family has improved a lot of things. The front walk used to be a straight cement walk. They put in a new door.
I remember walking through this front entrance and jumping up the stairs, "Mom, I'm home." Trujillo used to slide down the railing, and on the right wall we had rodeo pictures of us kids.
The living room. It used to be all carpet. New windows have been added and all the dark panel has been removed.
This is the kitchen area. It is still pretty much the same. A few decorations have been added, but for the most part walking in the kitchen felt like coming home.
The owner told us she had something we might like to see. She took us to mom and dad's old room and opened the old doors. On the door, just before Trujillo's mission we had all stood and marked our height on that door. The marks and names are still there.
McCarty's name was to my waist.
I haven't grown an inch since I was 19, but Trujillo had.
I got behind the crowd. When I walked into the upstairs bathroom, I became very overwhelmed by the presence of my grandmother who died of cancer in our home my Junior Year. I remember taking care of her. Up to this point, Darlin had been a tad fussy. When we walked into the bathroom she stopped. I didn't realize it until I looked at the pictures, but she is smiling. I wonder if she is smiling at Grandma.
Syringa's and my room. My closet was the left one. Our room was always spotless unless Syringa didn't clean her part. Ha Ha!
Trujillo's room. Sierra and McCarty often slept in Heo's room. I remember the drum set in the corner.
Our pantry. The square little door dad jigsawed out to be able to load food storage from the garage.
The deck hadn't changed at all. It was still the old stain. I wanted to leap and dance on it like old times. I did contain myself though. The owner told us that she had heard countless stories of my younger sisters jumping off onto the trampoline. Man I can't believe someone didn't break a leg. It seemed a lot higher than before.
The good old silage pile next door. The wonderful aroma brought back more fabulous memories-that one I didn't mind forgetting.
Mrs Albert, Trujllo, Me, and Darlin.
I must say that our spouses were real troopers, following us into our memories. Charlotte and Heo.
Darlin, Me, Ace, Denim and Blazen by the front door. Yes, I was cheesy and dressed us all in yellow. Ace refused, but he was wearing a shirt with a few (nearly non-existent) yellow stripes in it.
I also took my family on a tour of Vale. I took them to the football field. VIKING PRIDE!! I took them to the schools, church, and down streets. I even took my kids inside the swimming pool.




1 comment:
Great post! I'm so glad that you guys were willing to make the trip to Vale, it was just so wonderful to spend time with you!!!! I remember visiting your family's home often when you guys were in Vale, I hadn't realized it had changed so much in the last decade. Fun to see the photos of what it is now.
Post a Comment