Monday, March 7, 2011

Cowboy & Compromise

On Cowboys:

Blazen Trails......"Mom, I am a REAL cowboy like dad, do you want to know what REAL cowboys do?"
Me, "Yes, what is that?"
Blazen, "Real cowboys get up in the morning and get dressed.  Then they go outside and work real hard for the girls  ALL day.  Then they go to the basketball games.  They go to church on church day.  They say their prayers EVERY night.  They work very hard, just like dad.  That's what real cowboys do."
Me, "That's awesome, Blazen, you are a real cowboy."


On Dreams:

Blazen woke up and told me he had had a bad dream, so I asked him what it was about.

Blazen..... "My bad dream was about Indians and they were mean.  They were chasing the little cowboy."

Later we confirmed that the little cowboy's name was Blazen Trails.


 On Teasing:

Blazen was totally distraught and came up to Ace with a little cut.

Ace......"Blazen I can fix that little cut for you."
Blazen immediatly stopped crying and with big eyes looked up and asked his dad how.
Ace...."I will just take out my knife and cut off your whole finger, then the cut will be gone."
Blazen with a horrified look said, "DAD, Then I would have a BIG cut."


On Compromise:

Denim is really good at getting her way since she has more of a command of language than Blazen right now and can pretty much talk him into whatever.  But lately Blazen hasn't been going for her ideas which has made an interesting situation in our home.   One evening Denim wanted a certain movie, but Blazen wanted something else.  When the children are "compromising" in front of us we make sure that it is all fair (meaning that Denim isn't Blackmailing Blazen with threats and what not).  So just into the compromising Denim said, "Blazen how about we go talk about this in our room and then we will decide."  Ace and I about died laughing.  Denim was needing to take her "compromising" to another notch.  Ace ended up listening to the conversation and it went something like this.

Denim, "Blazen, your show is long and my show is short.  We only have a little bit of time to watch it and if we watch the long movie then we will cry when mom and dad turn it off.  You will cry won't you.
Blazen, "Yes."
Denim, "Well if you cry then we will both get a butt whoopin (spankin).  Do you want a butt whoopin?"
Blazen, "No."
Denim, "Well I don't want a butt whoopin either, so I think we should watch the short movie so we won't cry."
Blazen wasn't convinced for a while, but finally she gave him enough reasons that he gave in to her movie.

On chickens:

The kids came in from the yard very excited to show me something ultra special.  I went out and guess what the extra special event was......

They had buried one of my chickens in the sand.  It just so happened to be the fluffy head chicken and they left the head out so the chicken was balking and bobbing it's head up and down, it's whole body buried.  I was ecstatic as you might guess.  Actually the sight was pretty funny and the chicken lived.

1 comment:

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

I Love your kids. Denim is your daughter, you use to do thing like that to Sierra and I all the time. How do you think you got us to drink the raw egg! :)