Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Goat

 I am ready to milk a goat again as I am fixing to wean Darlin and I would like to wean her to goat's milk.  So I have been on the lookout for a good milking goat.  I am selling my others because I didn't breed them last fall so they won't be in milk this spring.  Anyway I found a goat Dairy by Albuquerque that has really good milking goats.  It was fun to talk with them.  I ended up buying a Sable because supposedly their milk is the most  mild in flavor and they are heavy milkers.  The goat I bought is 2 and due in April.  She gave a gallon a day last year, so I am pretty excited.  There is only one problem........She is the ugliest goat I have ever seen. 
I told the kids that she was ugly and Denim was totally offended and thought I hurt our goats feelings.  Her name is Bitsy......so when Denim saw her she petted her and called her beautiful.   So now the new name for our goat is BITSY THE BEAUTIFUL!  ha ha ha.

Here is Bitsy the Beautiful.



This is the other reason that I chose this goat.  She had really big teats, which makes it MUCH easier to milk by hand.  You know what I mean if you, like me, have attempted to milk a goat with little tiny ones.  HUGE PAIN IN THE BUTT!


Bitsy the Beautiful was bottle fed  as a baby and is SUPER friendly.  Actually she thinks that she is one of the kids.  She lets Darlin jerk her hair and she plays with the kids.  They LOVE her.


Darlin wore her first set of pigtails this week.  CUTE!


 The kids played with their miniature bunnies(of which didn't last the rest of the week.)



The END.

2 comments:

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

I want a bunny. They are so cute when did you get bunnies?

Anonymous said...

Love the new goat!