We have played in boxes ALL week long. First the kids were box children and the boxes were completely unchanged other than the fact that I could see little toes maneuvering the boxes around. Then they became robot as Ace cut little peephole for eyes. Then they became box robots with arms (Ace cut them arms out, which I might add I was rather afraid that the kids might fall and break an arm, but it didn't happen).
Last of all after watching How to Train Your Dragon, they became Dragons. They cut out cardboard wings, and we spray painted them. We only had red spray paint which they were highly disappointed with as they were trying to be "night fury's." Anyway they loved it. Only bad part was I think Denim really wanted to fly. She finally decided rather than being the dragon she needed to simply sit on him to make him go. (didn't work.) Then she told me, "Mom, next time we go to town can we buy a real robot and I will just put him in my dragon and then he will fly." I said sure. Don't crush the dreams, life will do that on it's own.
Blazen has been a big helper to dad lately. He loves going to help Ace, and he is big enough now to take care of himself with dad. This week he went for almost a whole day to help Ace. He was so excited in the morning he got all his cowboy working clothes on. I went to put his straw cowboy hat on and he REFUSED. He said, "No mom, I need my black one, like DAD!" He also had to have a scarf. Then he was digging in his piggy bank and searching the house over for change. I asked him what he was doing and he replied, "I got to get this money to buy the bull for dad. We are going to buy a bull today." Apparently Ace had mentioned they might go buy a bull. He hadn't forgotten and was getting prepared. It was all he could talk about for an hour in the morning. He was a worn out little cowboy in the evening when they got home. He didn't want to go the next day when his dad asked.
I just love these little piggies. They won't be little forever and when asked why in the world was I taking a picture of my children's feet, I replied, "Because I want to remember what they looked like.
We went with Ace to fix a well. It was super windy so we took Kites along. Denim's kite was a total Dud. Do not buy the ladybug kite from Wal-Mart fyi. Blazen's did pretty good. Darlin was scared of it for awhile. And Blazen pretended like it was a Night Fury and we had to hide behind the weed and RUN FOR OUR LIVES.
Living in the moment:
*We have been reading Hank the Cowdog this week and the kids have really been enjoying Hank.
*Blazen has been being a man's man this week. He likes to play tough with Denim for about 2 seconds because he like to play with her. He told her, "Denim, I got these cool games but no girls can use them.....(next breath)...Do you want to play your my mom?"
*Blazen found a caterpiller outside of church and brought his "little buddy" in to be a part of primary. The caterpillar got to be preached to by Denim, watch a Moses video, eat carmel corn, ect. Blazen told me on the way home, "Mom I stepped on my caterpillar at church, but he is still alive" For how long the poor guy will live I can't say. Then when we got home he informed me that he wanted to be naked like his caterpillar. Mom didn't go for that one.
*After church as we were eating dinner together Blazen started belting singing a song. (Which I might add surprised the heebeejeebees out of me because he has told me on a number of occasions that he dislikes to sing) Anyway this is the song, sung to the tune of Rudolf the Red Nosed Reign Deer...
"Jesus is our Savior. He died on the cross and if we are bad we will go to hell"
Hey, he is learning something at church, even if it is to Rudolf.







3 comments:
Love the robots and those cute little feet!
Timber you continually amaze me! What a fun mom you are! My kids would have loved the robot idea so much! You really do inspire me to remember to enjoy the little things in life with my kids! I love your blog! Your pictures and posts are awesome!
Oh, you are such a good momma! I love your "Living in the Moment" section. What a great example you are!
Post a Comment