Sunday, April 3, 2011

Conference Weekend

Charlotte and I.
 
Ace, the kids and I went for 3 days to Toquerville to spend some time with my family.  We had a great time.  We were all able to just hang out and watch General Conference for our church on Saturday and Sunday.  Between sessions we found time to do some fun stuff as well.  McCarty and Mom have 3 little baby goats that they are bottle feeding.  The kids absolutely loved that.  They are little bitty and white.  The kids played and played with them. 


Mom also brought out the big  blow up water slide that she bought for the Nef Family Reunion this summer.  We tested it out and found it to be worthy of the word AWESOME!




Aunt Charlotte looking SUPER cute with that belly.

Say CHEESE Aunt McCarty!





Dad is good about taking the kids to grain everything with him.


Ace and Heo always getting into an interesting conversation about religion or life.


 The women and kids took a little trip to the horse pen to go down by the river.  We were able to see the horses that Diamond G bought as recipient mares or segregate mothers.  They are holding clones of other horses.  We are excited to see how these colt clones turn out.




Abe being big and opening the gate.


Playing down by the river.


 
Mom watching the excitement.





McCarty decided to take of her shoes and feel the cold running water.


We couldn't figure out what she was doing over on the other side of the river.


She was persistent and finally brought a treasure over for the kids.


McCarty is getting desperate waiting for her prince charming.  Do you think kissing the frog will work for her?






 Then during the conference session we snuggled up on the couch, and enjoyed listening to the apostles talk.  The kids listened a little and then made this fort in mom's room.






Charlotte brought these booklets for the kids.  It had questions about the conference talks and coloring pages inside.



Dad and Trujillo lovin conference.

Nathan.

Mom always working with her hands: knitting baby booties.

Here is the finished product.  Lots of grand babies.

This is the cross stitch that Sierra gifted mom at Christmas.

Little Pipsqueaks.  Nathan and Darlin.
We had to have a barbecue.  It was soooo warm.  85 degrees.  Dad grilled some hamburger. YUM!




It was a super fun trip.  We loved being with everyone.  Thanks for everything mom and dad.  You guys are the best. 

April Fools:
I forgot to mention that this weekend was also April Fools.  I also forgot to mention that this is probably my family's favorite day.  Dad is a huge jokester on April Fools.  He got McCarty by telling her he had accidently backed into her car.  She fell for it.  The best one though was by my sister Sierra, NO HANDS DOWN.  She called  and said she was having strange pains in her belly and had done too much during the day.  She got my mom 1st.  Then called back and my mom played along and she got ALL of us.  The house went silent.  I was freaking out, whispering to my mom that she needed to leave and get down there and help her and "get that girl to the hospital."  I told Sierra that that was a CRUEL April Fools joke. 

2 comments:

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

I have to say I am still so sad that I missed you but I don't think you wanted Greg around your kids. They are getting so big.
And McCarty's prince will come.

Denisse said...

So glad you were able to go see your family Tim! Looks like you guys enjoyed your visit!