Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter

 This Easter we were able to go and spend time with the Kemp and Hopper Families.  It was so nice to just be together, let the kids play, and visit.  We all had a wonderful time.

Kaylynn and Duwana Gay walk 2 miles every evening.  I decided that I need to get in gear.  They look great.

Kaylynn Kemp & Duwana Gay Hopper.

Waverly Kemp.

London Hopper.

Summer Hopper & Nalynn Cline.

Erica & RP Hopper.

Nalynn & Whitley Cline, and Tristan Kemp.

The sisters posing for a nice picture.

Duwana Gay Hopper and Nelda McPhaul.

RP and Duwana Gay Hopper.

 So here the story begins.  All of us McPhauls jumped in together.  We took the big live-in trailer and the International.  The kids LOVED riding in the trailer and watching movies with grannie.  Now that is the way to travel.


Darlin McPhaul and Tessa Lilly.

Watchin movies.

Papa is just checking the truck and making sure everything is going all right.



We first went by the arena to drop the trailer off.  Whitley had a Junior High Rodeo and the Clines stayed in the trailer while she was competing.

Nalynn striking a pose.

Then we checked into our room and the Kemp Family met us for a fun filled few hours of swimming.  Ace and Blair had a good conversation.  Denim, Blazen, and Ike had fun with their cousins, Tristan & Waverly.


Then to Duwana Gays for a lovely steak dinner.


It was Grannies birthday.  Whitley made her a cake and we sang her Happy Birthday.  She got a smooch from Papa.



The next day we went to the rodeo to watch Whitley.


Will is on the committee for the Junior High School Rodeo.  Here I got a picture of him helping in the arena. GO WHITLEY'S DAD!


And this is what our little rugrats did for a good portion of the morning.  Climbed behind the bleachers.  Now this is life......brings back fond memories.


Blazen watching the rodeo.


Several little boys got on this roping dummy and were kicking the living smithereens out of it and bucking it like a bull.  I have to say Ike was by far the wildest.  He was fun to watch.  Then after I took the picture I wondered where Blazen was......


 And after searching this is were I found him...


With the Ladies.  A ladies man.   Particularly this one nice little lady that he followed around like a puppy dog and took care of.  Then he even went and sat by her mom and started a conversation with her family so he could continue to be by her.

Now the fun part.   Rodeo over and eggs on the table.




Then to the park.


On the way back from the park the kids ran through sprinklers on someones side lawn.  It was super fun.  It was cute when Waverly said, "This is the best, I have never done this before."



Waverly gave her little baby kittens to Ike, Denim, and Blazen for an Easter gift.  They played and played with them and loved them a bit too much..(Blazen made his fly around like batman, at which point I made him stop because I thought they might not let us have the kitties after all.  We are a little harder on our animals I think......but I must say that they are still alive and doing well in our backyard.)


Easter Sunday we all went to church with Kaylynn and Blair.  Darlin wasn't feeling well so I was in the hall most of the time, but everyone said the meeting was wonderful.  The kids went to primary together.  The Easter Bunny found us in our room and we are spoiled.  Too much candy.  I think I will send a note to the bunny next year and tell him not so much candy....(I was hungry when I went shopping.  Bad. bad. bad.)

 Duwana Gay and Kalynn were wonderful hosts.  They cooked and cleaned and stayed up until 3:00am + visiting every night.  They made wonderful food and we had a great time.  Here we are eating together.


Easter egg toss.


Now, we tried to take a picture of all of the little kids together.......and as family pictures usually go.......


 The next one turned out a little better.




Notice the long beautiful hair on the three girls.  That was Nelda's Easter gift.  "Tangled" hair.  If you  haven't seen the new Disney movie, it is a must.  Rapunzel.

We had to finish the trip off with a late night game of Pitch.  A party for us McPhauls just isn't complete without a good old game of cards.  And that card game for us is called Pitch.



 We all had a wonderful time.  Thanks for everything Duwana Gay and Kaylynn.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I don't think I've ever seen pics (or not in a long time) of RP and Erica and Duwana Gay. Those sisters all look like each other! haha I want to see the "Tangled" wigs on the adults! I would totally be trying them on :

Dwaine and Dorothy said...

Timber I think you and Ace need to try on the Tangled Wigs, yes it is just Ace's color.

J.D. n' Echo said...

Timber! I need blogging help! Call me at 208-339-4167. My blog is jdnecho.blogspot.com