For an evening activity Ace made paper airplanes with the kids. We tried several different styles and then took them outside to fly.
| This was the dud. |
Ace and I have decided that Blazen is the giraffe, Melman, off of Madagascar. A major hypocondriac. EVERYTHING needs a bandaide. It is about to DRIVE me bonkers. Ace is more sympethetic than I am. Here he is helping Blazen cry.
I was able to attend a Christian Homeschool Convention in Albuquerque. Ace went to a few parts with me to look at curriculums and listen to a speaker on Islam. It was really amazing for me. I was able to attend a few workshops about the right brained child......definetely my Denim. www.diannecraft.org. I got some really amazing information and thouroghly enjoyed myself.
Over the past couple of weeks I have read two very inspiring and interesting books. Total opposites, but nevertheless very fun reads.
1. A mother's book of secrets:
If you just need a pick me up as a mother with some very useful tips on parenting then this is the book for you. I laughed one moment and was bawling the next. It also has a very spiritual base and places God next to you in your endeavor as a mother.
2.Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother:
This book is what I call Hard Core parenting with ultra successful children. I found it extremely interesting to get a look into the mind of another cultural way of parenting. I also found the practice sessions of violin and piano interesting because as a pianist I laughed and laughed as she so honestly told the story of how most successful musicians are made......Hours of grilling practice. I thought she brought to the table many valid flaws points to think about in the American style of parenting. If I must be honest though, I think I lean toward the Tiger mother way of parenting.....just not quite to her extreme.







5 comments:
It looks like Ace is a Good cryer
I love baby goats! :)
ha ha! Ace cracks me up!
The goats are adorable!
My "Book of Secrets" is on its way...i hope it gives me some good secrets to these whole parenting thing!:) It's funny...I just remembered what Scott's 94 year old great-aunt told me last summer when we went to visit her, when I asked her advise on mothering...her answer was simple: "Just enjoy them." I think that is something you do well with your kids Tim!:) and I think I need to work a little bit harder at that!
Loved all of your pictures!
Love ya lots!
Cute posts! We are lovin' our baby goats too! :D
I'll have to read the books -- just hopin' that I don't have a guilt trip afterward... sometimes I feel pretty inadequate. You are a wonderful example! <3
I just finished Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother. Very interesting. I liked her belief that she pushed them so hard because she believed in them even if they didn't believe in themselves. She knows they are capable and can be the best--not a big fan of her methods, though! Though as I was reading her intro, I was thinking: no sleepovers (check), no video games (check), hmmm perhaps we're not so different! I would have to say I am probably a westernized Tiger Mother. The homeschool convention looked fun--I looked up the lady you talked about--probably exactly what Rishelle needs. Hopefully you found the encouragement you needed!
Oops, the comments probably aren't supposed to be a mile long. Sorry!
Post a Comment