Ace and I got to swim with the kids. They especially loved playing shark with their dad, and trying on their new goggles. It was fun family time. Blazen is really swimming well with his floaties. He is getting pretty brave, and he let's you know how brave he is, "Mom, me bwave." He has to talk himself into bravery, I think. Jumping from the side of the pool takes about 5 "me brave" sentences and counting 1,2,3, before he builds the courage. It is so cute.
On Monday morning before we left, we went swimming again. I had sent most of our things with Syringa, so we had no floaties. Denim swam so well, I was shocked. I told Ace, "I guess we needed to lose the floaties awhile ago." She still needs someone right with her, but she is great, and when she gets tired, she turns on her back and kicks.
The kids loved swimming with their aunts and uncles, getting thrown in the air, and packed around. I really appreciated the special effort made for my kids. Thanks!
The kids worn out after a hard day of swimming. Watching conference on T.V.
Highlights:
*Conference was so neat. Getting to be in the conference center with so many other Saints and loved ones is just a special experience. Being able to be that close to the Prophet of God is so strengthening. It just makes me want to try a little harder every day to be a better person. I was able to go to several sessions with my sisters and Ace. One word of advise.....buy pregnancy nylons.
*Ace was able to meet with a good friend and mission companion, Josh King, for priesthood. Josh has connections to Elder Jensen of the seventy, and Josh and Ace were able to meet with him before the priesthood session. After they visited, Elder Jensen took them under the conference center, and out the same way the prophet comes. They had VERY good seats. It was a really special experience for Ace. Josh also brought his wife Emily and their children to see us Sunday evening. They are a very neat family. Denim and their little girl hit it off, she asked Denim when she was going to come to her house and play.
*We were able to meet with our boss, and have breakfast Sun morning. He is a good cowhand and comes out and helps us ride. During breakfast a restaurant man came up to Denim and asked her if she was a princess. He then kissed her on the cheek. She looked at me wide eyed and asked if I knew who that was. I said, "Maybe a prince." She said, "no mom, that was the prophet Monson." I didn't want to burst her bubble.
*Blazen and Denim packed their princess and spider-man umbrellas around for 3 solid days. I guess that was a good thing because it did rain on Sunday.
*We all ate out at Charlie Chows Chinese restaurant on Sat night. Very good! Ace was not impressed, but the other option was Indian cuisine-which he would have like less.
*Syringa and Greg lost their keys (we found them later).
*The chicken salad for Sun dinner got left by accident in Spanish Fork.
*Sierra and Preston broke down on the way home. I guess a few trials always get thrown in, that's life. Like my aunt JoAnn said recently, "At some point you can either laugh or cry." I guess we will choose to laugh this time.




1 comment:
Timber! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that you have a blog now!!!! It's so nice to read about what's going on in every day life...not that I don't absolutely LOVE talking to you on the phone but there is just something about the written word that touches me differently! I love you and I think you are a wonderful mother and wife! You insipire me!
Drive safely back to Pie Town!:)
Post a Comment