Saturday, October 17, 2009

Home Sweet Home

We made it home to Pie Town.

It really does feel good to be home after such a long trip. The kids were very excited to just run around, and have their little life back. Ace really missed us, he just wanted to spend time with us. The kids stayed and worked with Ace on Monday while I went to the doctor. They got to visit their granny, which they were totally excited about. I decided to go into the doctor; I had welts all up and down my arms and legs. Turns out to be pregnancy related allergies. I have to be on allergy medicines for the rest of my pregnancy. On Tuesday I got everything unpacked, cleaned up, and the laundry started. WOW!! When you have been gone for two weeks, it turns out to be like a month worth of catch up work. At the end of the day I told Ace, "Well I guess I have returned to slavery." It sure felt like that for a couple of days, but eventually I got caught up. I was able to enjoy being home. I enjoyed my children, the nice fall sunshine, and watching my husband work.

Ace wrestling with Denim and Blazen. The kids just love playing with dad. He is so good with them. They love beating him up and playing bulls. Girls and boys play so different. When they play bulls, Denim wants to be the sweet little baby bull, Blazen just wants to fight and butt heads.
Granny bought the kids pumpkins. She is always thinking about her grandbabies. They were very excited to carve them. Ace helped them carve the pumpkins while I made dinner on Monday. We called it our FHE. Denim said, "My pumkin is so scary that it will scare the coyotes away, Blazen's will make them laugh." Can you guess which one is hers?

Denim and Blazen helping me in the kitchen. Nelda Rae bought me red and green chili while I was gone because the chili season is almost out. She and Tawana put up my green for me (that is very time consuming and VERY kind of them since I use it all through the year). The kids and I are just putting up my red. We froze half of it, and canned the other half.

Blazen was really attached to his dad this week. He wanted to go and work every day with Ace. Ace is so patient, he took Blazen as much as he could. Blazen loves the four-wheeler.
Ace worked on his equipment from Idaho this week. One is a potato piler, the other a grain elevator. We are going to use them to elevate our hay cubes into a 20ft high storage bin. These pieces of equipment are huge. I just wish I would have taken the picture with Ace standing beside them.

My nephew, Ike, was able to come over one day and play. The kids had so much fun playing. They missed their cousin. It was really nice to have him over. They played outside in the dirt all day; when it started getting dark, we set up a dance party on the porch. Ike is really a little man. He loves working and being outside.
It really feels like fall. I was enjoying the nice whether outside and noticed that the leaves on my tree were starting to turn yellow.


Blazen, helping me make sandwiches for lunch. He got hungry and grabbed the cheese. He also knows how to get himself a drink. No glass needed.


Denim, playing with Sassy, our puppy. She is also making some creation with a bucket of mud. I think she was pretending to cook food. She later asked for salt and pepper. It is amazing what a bucket of mud and a shovel can do for a kid.


Ace welded on the pipe fence in the corrals a lot this week. He is getting everything ready to work cows and ship. The rain in September even brought a little greenery to the corrals.

*Funny Denim Story: After church Denim was dancing around the room in her pretty dress, thinking she was about the most beautiful thing in the world (I can't disagree). I said, "Wow Denim, are you a princess?" She stopped and thought for a while, then putting her hand on her chest, she said, "I am in my heart."

*Funny Blazen Story: Blazen is getting good at going potty BY HIMSELF, heaven forbid that I help him. I was getting ready in the morning and he was going potty next to me. He got very excited and said, "Mommy, wook(look), my pee pee goes up and down." I about died laughing. It is a morning thing with all men I guess.

The whole week for me was not just bliss, I had my ups and down like everyone does, but at the end of it all I decided; life is good and it is definitely worth living when you have people to love!!!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

LOVE the blog!!! Your children are so darling! Its fun to read about what you're doing.