Saturday, October 10, 2009

Toquerville

This week the kids and I were able to go and visit my family in Southern Utah. Ace headed home with the equipment on Monday. He made it safely home with no problems. The kids and I visited my sister Syringa on Monday, then dad picked me up Monday afternoon. He was coming home from a PBR in Portland Oregon. When we got to Toquerville, grandma was very ready to see the kids. We were able to stay the whole week visiting. The kids enjoyed spending time with McCarty; she is very proud of being the "favorite aunt." We were able to go to her choir concert; she has quite a nice voice. My brother Trujillo, his wife, Charlotte, and their children (Ralayna, Abraham, and Nathan) live only about 10 miles down the road in LaVerkin. We were able to see them almost every day. My aunt JoAnn also came down from Idaho to go and visit old friends in Las Vegas because the schools in Rexburg were out for a week for potatoe harvest. Her two youngest, Brinley(6) and Bridger (3), stayed in Toquerville for a few days. Denim and Blazen had lots of cousins to play with.

Mom knits special sweaters for every grandchild. The sweaters have their names on them, and the kids receive them on their first Christmas. I got a shot of Denim and Blazen in theirs.


Group hug. McCarty, Charlotte, and I.

On Tuesday Mom needed a few of the roosters butchered. After killing them, mom and McCarty showed the kids how to pull the tendon in the foot to make the chicken foot "talk". It was hilarious. Each kid got a foot to play with-what a great life. FYI-we did wash hands after.

Boys playing in the chicken coop on the boulders. Abraham and Blazen.
Girls posing for a picture in Goaty Shmody's pen. Ralayna, Brinley, and Denim.

Cousins at the dinner table. Nathan Joseph Amy staying warm in a blanket.

I got my hair cut, and colored. I feel like a brand new woman. Charlotte with Nathan.

On Saturday Trujillo, Abraham, Dad, McCarty and Lukas went to Cedar City and shot three antelope. They had depredation tags. The antelope sure tasted good that evening. Dad and Mom cooked us up the best tender steaks. Abraham was soooo excited to go hunting with his dad. It was cute.


Mom, Charlotte, McCarty and I took the kids to the splash park in St. George after the hunting trip. They had a blast. We were worn out!
Brinley, Bridger, Ralayna, Abe, Denim, and Blazen.

I had a special place in my heart this trip for Abraham. He is such a rough and tough little man, but under it all he is soft hearted. I got to hold him and read him a book once, the rest of the time I had to wrestle him down for a hug.

Blazen picking his nose. McCarty and I chilling out.


Sunday, Denim enjoyed the 2nd part of primary. She told me,"mom it was really kind of fun, and a boy thought I was pretty." Blazen loved nursery. He loves all the toys and being independent from sister once in awhile.
After church mom and dad drove me to flagstaff, where Ace met us. Homeward bound. We took home food storage (part of our family Christmas), a box of apples, and pomegranates. I had a wonderful stay in Toquerville. It renewed my energies and made me appreciate life.

1 comment:

Denisse said...

Tim, you are such a good little blogger!

I got a kick out the whole rooster butchering and the chicken foot talk!!! I actually laughed out loud!!!! ha ha ha ha!!!!:) I'm still laughing as I write this!

I love your new hair and you look beautiful as always!

It sure looks like you enjoyed your time there!

It was nice to chat with you today! It always makes me happy, especially when I'm having a crappy day!:)