Sunday, February 14, 2010

Adjusting

February 7th-13th:

This week we were adjusting to everything. The kids are just loving their little sister and holding her a lot. I was able to have a lot of help this week as well, so I was able to finish healing up. It is funny how fast the family unit accepts a new little person. It is like Darlin has always been a part of us.




Granny and Papa came by to spend a little time with Darlin. Granny's soul must be very calm because as soon as she holds little ones they have a way of calming down. Ace is amazed. He asks, "How do you do it."








Denim drew this picture this week. I just loved it because she really put a lot in it. (I can see the detail because I am the mom) 3 children, their sizes, Darlin is in the middle being taken care of by both siblings, Darlin has a bow glued to her head, Denim is on the left with piggytails, Blazen has a big smile, mom has curls, and dad has short hair.





This was a story Denim made up and I wrote out for her. Very creative I thought.



This picture Blazen drew. It is a whale jumping out of the water. We have been looking at and listening to whale sounds on the Internet. The kids love the shrill sound. They make a pretty good whale sound now.




Denim picked out these shoes and hat for Darlin when she was with Granny. She has been dying to try them on her. They are just a tad too big.




Blazen playing in the mud with the stove shovel. Thank heavens it warmed up a little and the kids could go outside.





My friends Crystal and Candise came by to see the baby this week. After we had visited awhile, Candise, pointing in my kitchen, said, "Hey Timber, what is that?" I looked at the wall and windows trying to figure out what was wrong with my house. Finally Candise, pointing to my table said, "Right there." Bigger than life, on my table, was the cutest diaper cake I have ever seen. They had made me a cake made out of diapers, baby supplies, and clothes.





Candise figured out how to make these cool things. We think she should sell them.





Crystal and I.





Our sweet babies. Darlin and Cooper.




Darlin's umbillical cord fell off.





Mom and Dad got back from their Hawaii cruise and they had a wonderful time. When they got home, mom headed this way to help out for a few days. It was great. The kids had a wonderful time with her. I loved it because she cooked all my meals and cleaned and caught all my laundry up. She also went with me to town and helped with Darlin's 1 week appointment. The support for me emotionally was very healing. I feel like I can do this.

Mom brought the kids two gifts. One from Hawaii and one that dad had made for them. These are chaps that dad made for Blazen.




Dad made this cute purse for Denim. She carried it all around Socorro with a dollar in it for a treat when we went for Darlin's appointment.







Blazen's gift from Hawaii.




Grandma helping Denim with her gift.




Now Hula lessons.





Darlin Dawn had to have her second PKU in Socorro. She slept through the whole thing. Mom took the kids to their favorite playland.....McDonalds.


.








Darlin enjoying the sink.





Ace took the kids for some fresh air to ice skate.





I love this tiny girl. She gained 6 oz in a week.




Darlin gave her sister and brother a coming home gift.....bath foam. We finished the cans.







Having mom here was great. We are really friends and she teaches me all the time how to be a better mom. Now that I am in her place, I recognize more and more what an AMAZING mom she was and is.
















Mom has been taking piano lessons now for about a year. She is improving a lot. I was impressed.





This week we had a cow that walked out on the frozen dirt tank, fell through the ice, and drowned. I took the kids out there to watch and see some baby calves. I took a lot of pictures and Ace said, "Why are you documenting our catastrophes."

















Ace getting the cable ready to spread out.








The behind was sticking up and then the head. The head was completely eaten by the coyotes. When Ace and Curtis finally got the one out, the head was actually another cow. So ends up, at least two had fallen in. Not good news.








Hooking the cable to the truck.








Brrrrrr. Ace had to fish out the feet and put the rope around it. I was just scared the ice would break with him too.











Denim and Blazen climbing up the dike.





Mom with Darlin.







The night before mom left she stayed up and visited me. She wanted to hold Darlin and remember her little features. She slept with Denim and Blazen all week as well. Mom left really early on the freeze. She kissed Denim and Blazen and then had to come and hold Darlin once more and kiss me.








1 comment:

Denisse said...

Tim, I love the new pictures with your new camera...I can really see a difference in them! You are doing such a good job too with your pictures! I love them all!

I'm so glad your mom was able to come give you and hand and just be there for you. I know how much you appreciate her. She is an awesome woman!

The kids' drawings are so cute...isn't it fun to see what goes on in their little heads? so cute!

The diaper cake is adorable! I'm so glad you have good friends there to take care of you!:) That really makes me happy!

Oh!...and tell Ace that you HAVE to document your catastrophes for the city people who read your blog who have never seen anything like that before...to us (your city people readers) is so educational to be able to read and see pictures of a drowned cow!
But in all seriousness, I'm glad Ace was safe and he was able to get the cow out and sad that you lost a cow. :(