Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Baby calves

February 14th-20th:

This week I decided that I must get back on my schedule and begin life again. I started my scheduled breakfasts and had the kids pick out their clothes the night before. I also had Denim and Blazen agree on a morning cartoon the night before and we load it in the DVD player. The kids each got 1 morning chore as well. Denim has to make her bed and pick up the room. Blazen has to dump the two bathroom garbages and Darlin's garbage into the big kitchen garbage. They got pretty efficient by the end of the week. They also felt pride in their chore and want me to "come see." We also started school again. It takes us about an hour longer than normal before we can start, but we are getting there. Denim really did miss it. She was ready for the stimulation. We worked really hard doing school this week so Ace said we needed a field trip. The next morning we got up and went to feed with Ace so we could see all the new baby calfies. We were very excited. Ace fed backwards so that we didn't have to get up at 5:30 am. He picked us up about 7:30 am. We went to Z slash.


Ace has worked really hard this winter keeping our cows fed. Most of them look pretty good.






Ace bringing in a little black one for the kids.




This cow was nursing two. Ace was seeing if she had twins.





Darlin stayed inside the truck. Maybe next spring girlfriend.





Blazen didn't stray to far from mom.





Jammies and snow boots.





Lots of curious babies.





I tried to video tape the little calves running off the hill playing, but was too late. I just snapped a picture.















The kids got specific about which calf they wanted. Then the chase was on. Ace won.











I thought Darlin was so cute stretched out here.




Dad taking a turn with Darlin.





Ace has been pestering me to take a picture of Darlin's ears in case they change. He loves them because he says she is Vulcan (like Spock on Star Trek). Denim disagrees and says that actually she is just a fairy like Tinkerbell.





Other events:

*Ace has been trying really hard to do kind acts of service for me this week. He put in a door between my kitchen and mud room so that the furnace will keep the kitchen warm. It has made a tremendous difference. We can actually go into the kitchen and not freeze our behinds off. He also starts fires before he leaves on the freeze early in the morning so that the house is warm. He also put together my stools. They look very nice in my kitchen.

*Darlin had a two week appointment. In Quemado they have a small clinic that a doctor, Doctor Neblett, comes to twice a week. I decided to take her there. It was wonderful. He is very patient, and there aren't a million sick kids in the clinic. The best was the 20 min commute. For scheduled shots and appointments it cannot be beat. She weighed 7.5 and was 20 inches long. She is doing well.

*Denim was watching Shark Tale this week. When the bad/extravagant girl comes on and is shaking her tail, Denim was mesmerized. She was moving to the beat. "She's dangerous, she's a gold digger, yeahhhh, she's dangerous." After the song she looked at her dad and said, "Dad, when I grow up I want to marry that girl." Her dad looked at her funny, then she said, "Oh, I mean, when I grow up, I want to BE that girl." Ace died laughing. I think I would rather she want to be the NICE, HONEST, girl rather than the bad girl.

*Blazen is a little man now. So ferocious. He loves to play fight with his dad. To be quite honest, he hurts me. I mostly tell him to wait for dad. He LOVES to play the "bad guy." Ace told him, "Blazen, but the good guys always win." He said, "No dad, du bad duys win, me du bad duy." He is always saying, "My need my white sabo (light sabor)." Notice which color Blazen picked.


"Let's get this puppy turned on."




Blazen knows how to USE THE FORCE.








These are the best moments of his life.





"Come to the dark side, Dad, or I will destroy you."





Ok, so I must be failing. My kids have a fascination with the dark side, or maybe it is just too much Star Wars.






















2 comments:

JoAnn said...

Bridger has been looking at your pics with me. He loves being able to see his cousins! And he yells their names as soon as a pic comes up. Glad they could be buds.

Have I mentioned lately how darling Darlin is!?!?!

Sarah and Ben said...

Timber you have the funniest kids!!! Just like you :)

I love the pictures of the light-sabre stuff. ....