Well the beginning of this week was a bit of waiting. We just chilled out as a family on Sunday and spent time together. I wanted to be with my hubby and kids alone since I thought the rest of the week we might be separated. I talked to the kids and told them that mommy and daddy were going to go and try to have the baby. They were very excited. That night Blazen woke up twice crying, "No leave me, I want to go." When I cuddled him, he was angry at me, pushing me away until he woke up. I was concerned, but he had forgot all about it and was excited to spend time with granny the next morning. On Monday morning Ace unloaded a load of hay cubes at 6:00 am. on the freeze. It has been so mucky that if you don't come down our road on the freeze, you very likely won't make it in. Without 4 wheel drive, definitely not. I had our bags packed and the kids bags ready to go to grannies. I had an appointment at 10:00 am, so I started freaking out at 8:00 am when Ace was still outside. I tried to see if we could be late or change the appointment for an hour later. No luck. So at 8:25 am I went out and got Ace. He threw on clean clothes, no shower, and we jumped in the truck. We met granny in Pie Town and gave her the kids. I was really upset to be so frustrated and then bouncing the kids off so fast. I kissed them and told them that I loved them. We left Pie Town at 8:55 am. I felt very angry and aggravated; I felt that even having my baby was about 5th down on the list and scheduled behind the cows. Ace knew it and rather than turning on talk radio, which is the usual and often times very annoying thing to me, he turned on classical music. I almost laughed, but kept my "ticked off" face on. Ace drove 90 + miles most of the way and we actually made it in just over an hour. It usually takes 1 1/2 hours. I was only 5 minutes late. He said, "Well, I got you there." The rest of the day did improve dramatically I might add. I was 70% effaced and at a 4. The midwife stripped my membrane, which was not bad at all, and said, "we will see." We got a room in Socorro for two nights. The next two days we did a lot of run around miscellaneous in Socorro and Albuquerque. No baby. On Tuesday evening I told Ace, "If we don't have the baby by in the morning, we are going back to the ranch. We started planning our life accordingly.
Ace put up a rope swing for Denim. She had tried to tie it various places inside the house to no avail. When Ace successfully hung it out on the deck, she could not have been more excited. She was acting like Tarzan.
We bought a mega-cab truck. Ace found a good deal on a used one and the couple met us in Socorro for breakfast. It is so nice to have the extra room in the back. It makes a lot of difference. We then got our blue truck detailed in Albuquerque and ready to sell. Everyone in Albuquerque just stared and stared at how muddy our truck was. It took them 4 hours to detail.
While in Albuquerque two days, we took a few things back. I exchanged my camera from Christmas and am very excited to get the new one. I have done a lot of research. We also got some ranch parts and had a short visit with Nacona. Ace took me out to dinner at Outback, it was very good.
Nacona made dinner for us one night. I was able to run over with Nalynn and watch Whitley cheer for a few minutes.
I really enjoyed the little honeymoon that I got with Ace. It was fun just to be alone with him for two days, no matter what we did. Our room was also great. We got a sweet for the same price as a super 8 room because they wanted to sell out. It was amazing!! I was also very grateful to Nelda Rae for taking the kids. I know they are having a wonderful time, because every time I call, Denim has to make sure I am "still at the doctor's and not coming home yet." Granny is so good to them. I know they wear her out.




No comments:
Post a Comment