Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Story

February 2nd-6th:

Tuesday evening Ace and I were relaxing in the room. I had taken a nice hot bath and was finishing up painting my toes. I had my first contraction; it was 9:48 pm. I was pretty sure it was a contraction because I do not go through any transition, I just start hard labor. We waited 10 minutes to be sure. Another one. I said, "Ok, we are having the baby tonight." Ace said, "I'm not ready." We started gathering a few things up and getting dressed and our shoes on. 8 minutes later another contraction came. Then we were in the truck and driving. The next one was very strong and 5 minutes. The next one 3 minutes apart and we drove up to the hospital. Ace helped me in. The nurses started doing their routine pee in the cup stuff. I said, "YOU NEED TO CHECK ME NOW!" They did, "Move her to delivery, she is at an 8." I really wanted an epidural, so I started asking for Louis. She was on her way for the other lady that was in labor at the same time as me. I was thinking, "ok, it will be ok, I can wait 10 min." Ace was very supportive and helping me through the contractions. It is seriously like going through hell. Louis got there and she had to do the other lady first. I kept thinking, "5 min, just 5 min." Just then I had a very horrific pain. I told Ace, "The baby is coming, get the nurse," and in a panic, "I am not getting an epidural." The nurse quickly checked me, "You are complete; get the doctor; I am sorry honey, you are not going to get an epidural." I looked at Ace and said, "I can do this, ok, I can do this." I told the doctor I needed something, so they gave me a shot of morphine and we started. We had the baby about 8 minutes later. I delivered before Louis was done giving the epidural to the other lady. As soon as I saw my little girl, I looked at Ace and said, "Darlin Dawn." He said, "Ok, that great, you did it, good job." It was 11:20pm. From the very first pain till the time of delivery was just 1 1/2 hr. I would have delivered in the truck had we been in Pie Town. I think a lot of people were praying for me. The Lord knew that I needed to be in Socorro.


I am at an 8 here. This is my panic smile. I put on lip stain. I thought it might help; it didn't. I was trying to be JoAnn (she puts lipstick on and has epidurals). The lipstick didn't get me one though. I wanted this picture because I was hopeful that I was getting an epidural, after this I told Ace to put up the camera.





Darlin Dawn right after they put the goop in her eyes. 5-10 minutes after she was born.





Wow, please remind me why women are nuts and actually WANT no drugs.





Me and my little precious baby. You forget how little they are. It is AMAZING that these little beings are so very alive and they are inside your body one second and on your belly screaming the next.





Ace holding his little girl. He is always so amazed at how tiny they are. He loves her so much. Ace was such good help to me at the hospital. He would get the nurses. Help me. Hold Darlin. He was AWESOME!








While we were at the hospital Granny took the kids to Grants and got a room so that they could swim. It has been Denim's biggest desire for the last two weeks, so they were so excited. Blazen fell off the steps and couldn't touch. Denim jumped in after him, and held him up out of the water. She was very proud of saving her brother, I was proud of her too. She said, "Mom it was my biggest dream in the whole world to save my brother and I did it." Blazen said, "I fell into the water and drownded and Denim saved me." It was sweet. They have had a blast thanks to granny.

Darlin had a little bit of Jaundice, but it wasn't very high, so on Thursday we got to go home. Denim and Blazen were pumped. We had roles prepared for them prior to having the baby. Denim's role was to nurture and dress the baby, Blazen's role was to protect Darlin and fight bad guys. When I talked to them and told them we were coming home, Denim said, "I am sooooo excited to dress Darlin." Blazen said, "I am soooooo excited to fight the bad guys." Nelda met us in Pie Town and the kids got in the truck. It was just so fun watching my children automatically fall in love with their little sister. I was afraid she might get mauled. It was a bit overwhelming that first night, but it was wonderful.




















Blazen is fighting the "bad guy." He just LOVED this. Ace pretended to be a bad guy and try and get Darlin. Denim was holding Darlin and would scream and hold her close. Blazen would look up and with all his energies he would run, throwing punches, and attack Ace. It was so fun.






The next morning both kids crawled in bed with us.





Lunch time, then nap. Ace taking good care of us.





We had to go back to Socorro to get Darlin's weight and bilirubin level checked. It was a good trip. She was still ok. It was fun going as a family and just being together. I was sitting in the back and looking at my husband driving and my three kids. I asked Ace, "So what do you think of being a daddy of three." He said, "I love it, I love having a family, it is the best." That made me feel so happy and content inside. I just smiled because I felt the same way.





When I was walking out of the hospital, the bathroom door opened and I saw a big cowboy helping a little cowboy. It was so cute that I took a one handed picture.







Denim cannot get enough. She just LOVES Darlin.






Silly boy.







Darlin all bundled up for bed. I bought this snugly blanket at Wal-Mart. I love it. Their feet can't kick out, and it has velcro to hold them together.





Mom giving Darlin a little kiss. Babies faces are so soft.
Darlin, we all just love you to pieces!







Little miracles of life. This is one of mine!

A big thanks for all of the support, help, and love.




Align Center

4 comments:

Denisse said...

how fun! I love all of the pictures of the older kids just giving Darlin so much love...you told me "the story" on the phone, but it was fun to read it on your blog. I'm so glad things went well and that both of you are home and you are recovering from labor...You are a family of 5 now!!!!!:)

Brenda said...

She is absolutely beautiful! Loved reading your commentary, truly is a miracle!

Sarah and Ben said...

Timber!!!!!!
Good for you! I love you, you are such a wonderful mother. Darlin is so cute. And so are you :)

Thanks for your blog--hey, did you ever get my blog? if not, here is the address: murrayhive.blogspot.com

Lexi and Hector said...

Hey just wanted to say I loved your blog..I am Lexi (Wengert) Canales. My mom and Nelda Rae were first cousins. Anyway very cute and congrats on the new baby.