Guess who just turned 5.
Happy Birthday Denim Bleu!!!
Happy Birthday Denim Bleu!!!
The 21st was Denim's birthday. We had a little party for her a few days before her birthday. I saved her a few gifts to unwrap on the 21st, so we had birthday for several days. She is so sweet, my little girl. I just can't believe she is actually 5. We had a lot of fun preparing for the party. We made her own pinata. It took us 3 days to make. She was so excited and very polite. She chose corn dogs for her birthday meal. We also cooked hamburgers. We played several fun games. We played the game where you walk with an egg on a spoon. The kids didn't know it, but we used a boiled egg so everyone would make it to the finish line. The egg fell a few times, and all the kids yelled, "pick it up, pick it up, it didn't break." We also played Limbo, and mummy toilet paper. Denim had to have fairy plates. She loves the water fairy, the blue one.
The mummy toilet paper game was a success. They loved it.
Marlena was a big sweetheart and she made Denim her birthday cake. She did such a good job. She puts little bity cupcakes together and makes flowers. It totally fit the fairy theme. Denim picked the pink one, Blazen was dying all night for a green one.
Nalynn got a migrane and Nacona had to run her to the emergency room. The rest of the McPhauls and Clines were there.
Denim and Cassara laughing at each other. I was freaked out to invite lots of little kids with Denim, so other than family we just had Cassara and Casey Wayne.
I just had to get a picture of Auntie because I never get her. She always helps so much, and this night was no exception. She cooked all of the corn dogs and hamburgers while we did games.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
We have been ryming this week. We read green eggs and ham. Then, the next morning, we made them. It was fun. I soaked the ham overnight in butter, water, and food coloring. The eggs I just cooked in butter with food coloring. The kids thought it was sooooo cool. Plus, Ace played along as we ate, "Not in a box, not with a fox, ect."
Darlin getting some sun.
This week we went to the park in Pie Town. It was very nice and sunny. I put Darlin in the Moby wrap and went. Denim practiced her roller skates, and Blazen had fun on his tricicle.
We really needed some outside time.
P.S. Charlotte encouraged me to get the Moby. I absolutely love it!!!!! So does Darlin. I can do anything in it. Curl my hair, cut food, wipe butts.
This is how we practiced roller skating on the cement; a plastic garbage lid. I held one side, Denim held the other.
Almost big enough.
Denim can pump her legs by herself. She goes pretty high.
The Moby and me.
Faster mom, faster. The one thing that I couldn't do was run to make the merry-go-round go faster.
I love my little man.
"I need a drink, help me turn it on." Notice the lock.
Both kids had "treasures" to take home.
Denim loves to make up her own songs. They usually tell the story of what just happened in her life or they express her feelings. I guess I did something right today as a mother by taking them to the park. Later on in the day Denim asked me, "Mom, are there swings in heaven?" I responded, "Denim, there just has to be."
Chocolate-oatmeal cookies for dad.
Denim has gone roller skate crazy this week. This was a b-day gift. Her behind is black and blue from falling.
Darlin Dawn.
Ace loved this one. Her hair had static after a bath. Her dad called her "fuzzy duck."
I cooked whole wheat for breakfast. FYI-soak it the night before or it takes an hour to cook.
Blazen tries to fall asleep like at 6:00pm. Ace gets creative on ways to keep him awake. It was so fun that Denim got "soooo tired" too and had to have a turn. Sorry it is sideways. It looked painful to me.
Other events:
*My nephew, Ike, broke his leg this week. His mom was playing bucking bulls with him and turned wrong and his leg broke. It was a freak deal and Nacona felt aweful. You can imagine. He was in a lot of pain until he finally got his cast on. Poor little guy. Moving him was the worst. He chose a blue and red cast. It is from his ankle to his thigh in a bent position. Nacona got him a wheelchair and he quite likes that. He also slides on his bum to get around.
*Blazen was holding Darlin this week and he kept stroking her hair and kissing her and then saying to her, "Sweet heart," over and over.
Blazen has gotten into the song, "slippery fish," that Syringa taught Denim years ago. There are actions and the kids love it.
"Slippery Fish, Slippery Fish, Swimming through the water (2 times)
Gulp, Gulp, It got eaten by a....
Tuna Fish, Tuna Fish, Swimming through the water (2 times)
Gulp, Gulp, It got eaten by a...
Octopus, Octopus, Swimming through the water (2 times)
Gulp, Gulp, It got eaten by a....
Great white shark, great white shark, Swimming through the water (2 times)
Gulp, Gulp, It got eaten by a....
GREAT BIG WHALE, GREAT BIG WHALE, Swimming through the water (2 times)
Gulp, Gulp...........
BIRP!!!!!!
*Blazen's new one is, "My have bad news." Then he goes and tells a story about some bad news.
He also is very interested in the Holy Ghost. He always tells me after scriptures, no matter what scripture, "Mom you know dat guy wiff no body, du Goast he has no body, right mom." He loves talking about it. It is his topic of conversation to be ultra smart, especially if sis has a question, then he has to ask his.
*HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SYRINGA THIS WEEK!!
*We went to Cassara's birthday party at the end of the week. The kids had a ball.




4 comments:
ahhh Timber! I just LOOVE to read your blog. I was drivin the tonight, and realized, I had a call from you and TOTALLY spaced on calling back, I swear, Im looosin mah minD! The kids are so dang cute! I just love em! tell them Hi for me!!! I miss you guys a TONN , you dont even know!! Ihope your doin great, Cause you look DAANnng GOOD! haha love ya!
Tim, I love reading about the fun things you do with your kids - your creativity amazes me! They are blessed to have such a wonderful mother. And I can't believe Denim is already 5...I haven't seen you since before she was born!
Hey,
thanks for the Happy birthday. 24 is getting so old. love you tons.
Tim, those skates look like so much fun! I bet Denim is loving life! Looks like her birthday party was a success!!!!!!:) I can't believe she's 5 already!:)
OH! And I forgot to tell you to soak up the wheat! Sorry! I hope it turned out okay and you guys liked it!:)
Post a Comment